'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Any update on alternate DC viewing locations?  (Read 1749 times)

SCdem@MU

• Team Captain
Any update on alternate DC viewing locations?
« on: December 06, 2007, 04:54:48 PM »
I saw awhile back that some people were considering establishing an alternate viewing party location for the Marquette v. UW game.

I also am pissed at the DC alumni chapter for having a joint party with the UW alumni chapter.

If anyone knows where DC-area Marquette fans are gathering to watch the game in rodent-free environment, post it here.

WashDCWarrior

• All American
Re: Any update on alternate DC viewing locations?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 05:09:31 PM »
No update that I know of, but I'll be in Colorado for the game so I'm not really looking.  I did mention to the chapter head Peggy Sue (yes that's her real name) that I was not too pleased with the decision of having a joint event.  I know I'm not the only one who commented.

SCdem@MU

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 06:06:36 PM »
well that explains it... I didn't realize she is the chapter head. Peggy went to UW-Rodentville for her undergrad and only went to Marquette for her MBA.

She is now at G-town getting her masters in International Affairs....so I wonder if the Marquette viewing party for that game will be at a G-town bar.

I'm just going to go ahead and assume that she did this because it was convenient for her.

maxpower773

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 09:22:42 PM »
I'll be at Clydes next to the Verizon Center....company Christmas party, but I'm gonna spend the first few hours at the bar watching the game.

MU_Grad02

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 10:08:13 AM »
I thought Ray was the chapter head in DC.

I thought about email the Alumni Association to complain about the joint party.  I really was looking forward to going out to a big Marquette event to watch the game but I don't want to go to this joint event at all.

Carl Spackler

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 10:35:00 AM »
If you got the evite for the game watching party, please reply no and explain that you want an MU only party next year.  I am hoping that they do something different next year.  The event is at the Crystal City Sports pub, which is a great bar for football--always a group of Packer fans.  I would be going except for the communists.  I will probably just watch it at home. 

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 10:53:25 AM »
I went to the Crystal City bar for the UWM game and it was really crowded.  They had us in a section with converted pool tables.  I don't think they expected the turnout we had (around 70 people) so they had a single waitress for our section.  She did a good job, but a 70:1 ratio is ridiculous.  Luckily it was Marquette people and they were smart enough to order pitchers, rather than single beers, so that helped.  Seating was really tight, that it was a chore to get to the restrooms.  They also didn't have the audio loud enough to really hear the announcers, just the background noise.

I heard the UW game will be upstairs which I didn't check out, but the bar will be suffering from a rodent infestation problem tomorrow so it doesn't really matter anyway.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 11:06:42 AM »
the third floor is really nice actually.  but it will still be crowded, even if we only had the same number of MU people show up who were at the UWM game.  Throw in the infestation, and it's gonna be packed.  Since the game is on ESPN2, my friends and I were just gonna find the best beer special on a saturday, and ask the bar to turn it on...

SCdem@MU

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 03:23:55 PM »
yeah the third floor is really nice if you can get there early enough to grab a table or a bar stool. When it gets overcrowded its a pain. 

ppp098

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 07:08:55 PM »
I thought Crystal City was that strip club over there, near national airport.

GO_MU02

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 08:52:39 PM »
The strip club is Crystal City Restaurant.  CCR is across the street from Crystal City Sports Pub.