'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by MUDPT
[May 04, 2024, 10:05:13 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[May 04, 2024, 09:36:37 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Nukem2
[May 04, 2024, 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Win the Day  (Read 16956 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Win the Day
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2020, 06:29:58 AM »
Guru isn't wrong.   I voted for Reagan in 84 to impress a girl.   We all do stupid crap.

To his larger point, there are a near infinite number of potential influencers out there.  Like everyone else, the young people will hear a lot of them and then choose.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 11:25:31 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2020, 06:52:21 AM »
Guru isn't wrong.   I voted for Reagan in 84 to impress a girl.   We all do stupid crap.

To his larger point, there are a near j finite number of potential influencers out there.  Like everyone else, the young people will hear a lot of them and then choose.

Thankfully, the vast majority will not choose to be influenced by crotchety old white men whining that America isn't what it used to be in the "good old days," when blacks, women, Hispanics, Jews and various other "others" knew their place.

Actually ... that's probably not true. When they hear those crotchety old white men whining, the young people, very smartly, will be influenced to vote the other way.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2020, 07:00:27 AM »
Yes...I mean don't we all want the right influences in our lives?? Again, I think this is a wonderful thing to help students learn about voting etc..What is NOT okay is it's MY OPINION and educated guess, that at least with the men's basketball team, the Coaches would not influence them in the proper direction. There is no one on that campus more equipped to teach the student athletes about the voting process etc than Professor McAdams. I mean, it's what he does. Send them all to him for 45 mins to an hour or however long it takes. At least then they will have learned from someone that does it for a living and he would help them sort through what is BS and what isn't. In fact, I wish millions of Americans could/would learn from him. I'd feel a lot better about at least the MU student athletes(can't speak for Other SA's around the country except I know UW's SA's are a lost cause no use in even bothering trying to reach them), having the proper knowledge about everything before they voted. That's so incredibly important.

Seriously?  "Students shouldn't listen to coaches or professors, except for this conservative guy I like."

The influence that professors have on how students vote is very small compared to their parents and friends.  The idea that they turn them into a bunch of left-leaning automatons is hilarious.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2020, 07:05:03 AM »
I’m with Guru.  We need to suppress student voting.  It’s time we get back to the good old days when women couldn’t vote and you had to be a landowner to vote.  Too many people are voting.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2020, 07:11:23 AM »
This is another classic Guru hot take.
Maigh Eo for Sam

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2020, 07:12:40 AM »
Sure, the problem is so many millions of Americans listen to the wrong influences and wrong media sources. The ones millions of people get their influence from, do nothing but lie to advance their agendas. Sadly not enough people are educated enough about what's really going on and who the best candidates are so they hear a TV station(or person they are influenced by) say something and they go "okay, sounds good to me" and that's who they vote for and that is 100% factual. Doesn't matter that they are in reality an absolutely terrible candidate.
This is absolute gold.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2020, 07:51:34 AM »
Thankfully, the vast majority will not choose to be influenced by crotchety old white men whining that America isn't what it used to be in the "good old days," when blacks, women, Hispanics, Jews and various other "others" knew their place.

Actually ... that's probably not true. When they hear those crotchety old white men whining, the young people, very smartly, will be influenced to vote the other way.

Mike, you were doing pretty well until this post.   ;D

In before the lock!

muguru

• All American
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2020, 07:51:56 AM »
I can't tell if you didn't get the joke or if you are taking the joke one step further. Either way, bravo.

Oh I got it, I wanted to make it VERY clear what the right thing to do is.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2020, 07:55:34 AM »
Sure, the problem is so many millions of Americans listen to the wrong influences and wrong media sources. The ones millions of people get their influence from, do nothing but lie to advance their agendas. Sadly not enough people are educated enough about what's really going on and who the best candidates are so they hear a TV station(or person they are influenced by) say something and they go "okay, sounds good to me" and that's who they vote for and that is 100% factual. Doesn't matter that they are in reality an absolutely terrible candidate.
Said it in another thread , the elimination of the poll tax was a big mistake .

In my view if people had to pay $100 to receive a license to vote , the results would be a much more informed electorate.

Political parties would end up paying the $100 for people who couldn’t afford to, so it’s not like anyone would be disenfranchised .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2020, 07:56:54 AM »
Said it in another thread , the elimination of the poll tax was a big mistake .

lol.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2020, 07:57:03 AM »

Seriously?  "Students shouldn't listen to coaches or professors, except for this conservative guy I like."

The influence that professors have on how students vote is very small compared to their parents and friends.  The idea that they turn them into a bunch of left-leaning automatons is hilarious.

Wrong...you can say all you want they don't push agendas and influence students in a certain way, but that is absolute fact that they do and in fact, is one of our biggest issues with institutes of "higher" learning these days. They may not always do it in blatantly obvious ways, but believe me, they do do it.

People should show more respect for some of the greatest citizens we have on this earth..our wonderful senior citizens. If more people listened to them, or at least a vast majority of them, we'd all be wiser for it. They "get" it. They've been around, on this earth a long time, they know what's up. Students/young people...a message for you...if you don't know about something, or who to vote for..Have a nice long talk with Grandma and grandpa..I would feel MUCH better about the direction they would typically lead you in then any of your Coaches/professors, mom and dad and certainly friends will. You will also learn a lot about hard work and dedication and earning what you get, as opposed to being given things for free which is really a disgusting paradigm that leaves you left behind in the long run
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 08:11:41 AM by muguru »

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2020, 07:59:27 AM »
Wrong...you can say all you want they don't push agendas and influence students in a certain way, but that is absolute fact that they do and in fact, is one of our biggest issues with institutes of "higher" learning these days. They may not always do it in blatantly obvious ways, but believe me, they do do it.

Says the guy who never went to college.

Anyway, most professors are simply busy teaching their classes.  Some have biases that come out.  But even then, most students aren't as influenced by them as they are their parents and friends.

This is just another one of those mindless, right-wing talking points.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2020, 08:16:38 AM »
Yeah, that’s called life. The people you interact with mold you and shape your world views. They have an influence on you.

Maybe we should just hide everyone until they are 18 and then have them go vote based on what name they like better?
...I’ll guarantee half of all voters are clueless of the issues. They vote based on an influence, whether it’s by way of family, employer, or whatever. Many folks will vote based on a single issue rather than the larger view of multiple issues. Shortsighted. Take urban America. Most are managed by Democrats. And have been for generations. Yet, the same problems in urban America persist...crime, unemployment, truancy, blight, drug use, infrastructure decay etc etc. it’s a circle that has no end. Yet, folks keep voting for the same. Why? What’s going on here? Now the hot topic is defund police. Really? Is there thought to the big picture? But, pay close attention to the vote...demographics. I guess my point is...all should vote...but know the issues, and keep in mind the big picture. Elections have consequences. Elections determine change...or status quo.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2020, 08:23:36 AM »
How is one to know which sources/influences are the "right" ones and which are the "wrong" ones?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2020, 08:24:58 AM »
How is one to know which sources/influences are the "right" ones and which are the "wrong" ones?

Do you listen to Mark Belling?

A. Yes
B. No
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2020, 08:26:10 AM »
This is absolute gold.
Guru isn’t necessarily wrong. People don’t pay attention to the issues. People look at the here & now without forethought. As I posted before, the issues that plague urban America have been ongoing for generations and don’t change. Why? Why are politicians being re-elected that do nothing... but ensure nothing will change.. being re-elected? Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland...these are all examples of my point. Nothing changes. Seattle, Portland, SF...success stories...NOT. But pay attention to the vote.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2020, 08:28:46 AM »

Anyway, most professors are simply busy teaching their classes.  Some have biases that come out.  But even then, most students aren't as influenced by them as they are their parents and friends.

Pretty sure hes said he went to whitewater.
Maigh Eo for Sam

muguru

• All American
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2020, 08:30:10 AM »

Obviously you have ZERO respect for Grandma and grandpa who laid the foundation for our country. I'm not surprised you don't however. Young people are mindless minions that have too many terrible influences in their lives(see.. equally mindless, uneducated parents) with a mindset that "if it's free it's for me", unfortunately and disgustingly, that is why they will vote the other way. Great way to "educate" our youth today...NOT.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2020, 08:34:25 AM »
Is this the thread where we air our beefs.

If so my beef is seatbelt sensors.  That damn alarm drives me nuts.   My seatbelt my choice.  Thanks a lot Nader. 

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2020, 08:35:19 AM »
Guru isn’t necessarily wrong. People don’t pay attention to the issues. People look at the here & now without forethought. As I posted before, the issues that plague urban America have been ongoing for generations and don’t change. Why? Why are politicians being re-elected that do nothing... but ensure nothing will change.. being re-elected? Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland...these are all examples of my point. Nothing changes. Seattle, Portland, SF...success stories...NOT. But pay attention to the vote.

One guess.... the homogeneity of the party in power in every one of the cities that u mention.  The have destroyed the american dream
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2020, 08:38:06 AM »

LOL
Versus the vastly more intelligent left wing talking points.  😂 Your hypocrisy is mind numbing
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2020, 08:41:48 AM »
...I’ll guarantee half of all voters are clueless of the issues. They vote based on an influence, whether it’s by way of family, employer, or whatever. Many folks will vote based on a single issue rather than the larger view of multiple issues. Shortsighted. Take urban America. Most are managed by Democrats. And have been for generations. Yet, the same problems in urban America persist...crime, unemployment, truancy, blight, drug use, infrastructure decay etc etc. it’s a circle that has no end. Yet, folks keep voting for the same. Why? What’s going on here? Now the hot topic is defund police. Really? Is there thought to the big picture? But, pay close attention to the vote...demographics. I guess my point is...all should vote...but know the issues, and keep in mind the big picture. Elections have consequences. Elections determine change...or status quo.

Bingo! This one just left the park with the bases loaded...talk about owning the libs..you just did that and then some. Very well done. It's absolutely abhorrent that so many in this country are so clueless on the issues(like the ones you named above to name a few) yet, like the robots they are and the influences the deceitful, liberal, agenda driven media have on so many mindless humans...we have people that just fall in line and do as they are told. These are the people that are the stain on America and should NOT be voting, yet here we are. I always tell young people(or anyone) if they ask me about voting etc, follow one simple principle "if you don't know what you are voting for, don't vote". If we followed that simple basic principle we'd eliminate about 66 million americans and we'd have far more legitimacy to our elections and an America that looks like it should.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2020, 08:43:15 AM »

Send them to me, or as I said, have them sit down with Professor McAdams..he will steer them in the right direction(if they are truly willing to listen to him).

muguru

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2020, 08:53:01 AM »

It's so refreshing to see someone else here that "gets it" Everyone...do yourselves a favor...listen to this guy..he knows of what he speaks. How about Minneapolis...yes Minneapolis, the city that has been at the forefront of all the things we have seen recently..have not had a Republican Mayor in over 45 years!! 45!! And he was Mayor for one day. And then they wonder why they have the problems that they do?? But, you keep doing you Minneapolis, you must be so proud.

Point being...I have voted for different parties at all levels...because I vote for people that I believe will truly make a change and they fall in line with some of the things I believe in. The problem now is, the left has gone so far off the rails and become such left wing whack jobs(you all must be so proud), that there is ZERO chance I could/would ever vote for another one in this current climate.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 09:07:15 AM by muguru »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2020, 08:56:15 AM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback