collapse

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by 4everwarriors
[Today at 05:34:01 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[May 04, 2024, 09:36:37 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Can of Worms - Opened  (Read 32817 times)

NersEllenson

• All American
Re: Hood to Announce Today
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 02:41:12 PM »
Which begs the question, why the hell did he post PREMIUM info from the scout board over here?? Mark Miller posts here, if he wanted the info over here, he would have posted it. I hope Dodds figures out who you are over there, and bans you. That stuff is a NO NO.
Really? You honestly believe this is an over-reaction. Ridiculous.

Yeah - I'd say there was quite an overreaction!!  Let's hope this doesn't result in Hood not choosing Marquette due to someone posting premium information from the Scout site, on MUScoop.  Rodney, if you are reading our message boards, please realize the vast majority of MU fans are not this petty or lame.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 02:44:15 PM »
Really? You honestly believe this is an over-reaction. Ridiculous.

You are acting like a 12 year old who had his lollipop stolen. Stop being so ridiculous about message board conduct.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

muguru

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2010, 02:49:38 PM »
Yeah - I'd say there was quite an overreaction!!  Let's hope this doesn't result in Hood not choosing Marquette due to someone posting premium information from the Scout site, on MUScoop.  Rodney, if you are reading our message boards, please realize the vast majority of MU fans are not this petty or lame.

It has nothing to do with affecting Rodney's decision. It has to do with the fact that YOU or whoever told you took info that is PAID for and posted it over here, for FREE. I said it before, if MM wanted the info posted here, he would have posted it here. People pay for that info for a reason. It's stealing.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2010, 02:50:21 PM »
Which begs the question, why the hell did he post PREMIUM info from the scout board over here?? Mark Miller posts here, if he wanted the info over here, he would have posted it. I hope Dodds figures out who you are over there, and bans you. That stuff is a NO NO.

I have a feeling I'll be banned, even though it wasn't me.....wait, I'm already banned for life.  Well, that will probably work out for everyone.  It's sort of like Texas Southern being put on 3 years probation for violations by Baylor.   ;D

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2010, 02:55:35 PM »
People pay for that info for a reason.

Yep, and it's truly hilarious that people waste their money on that crap.  Premium boards are a joke.

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2010, 03:08:20 PM »
Yep, and it's truly hilarious that people waste their money on that crap.  Premium boards are a joke.

Oh please enlighten us.........

muguru

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2010, 03:12:53 PM »

You are entitled to your opinion, but it still doesn't dismiss the fact that the OP STOLE from premium subscribers at scout. I don't know if he has kids or not, but if he does, would he tell his kids that it's ok, to take something that doesn't belong to them?? I sure hope not. I would hope they are better then their father's example.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2010, 03:15:13 PM »
So, about Hood's decision.... would be great to discuss

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2010, 03:18:10 PM »
Dodds threatened to tell ESPN that I was posting videos of game highlights on scoop, but he said if I posted them over at his site instead he would be able to work out a deal allowing me to do it.

I kept posting the videos here and nothing ever came of his threats.

I'm all for stealing that asshat's premium content.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2010, 03:20:47 PM »
Dodds threatened to tell ESPN that I was posting videos of game highlights on scoop, but he said if I posted them over at his site instead he would be able to work out a deal allowing me to do it.

You aren't stealing HIS premium content you little ass clown, you are stealing from the people that pay for it's content. You know, fellow MU fans. Classy. Way to represent MU in a honorable way.  ::)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2010, 03:21:58 PM »
You aren't stealing HIS premium content you little ass clown, you are stealing from the people that pay for it's content. You know, fellow MU fans. Classy. Way to represent MU in a honorable way.  ::)

Maybe he's upset with the threat that was made against him for posting videos?  Wouldn't be the first time.  Just sayin

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2010, 03:23:03 PM »
You are entitled to your opinion, but it still doesn't dismiss the fact that the OP STOLE from premium subscribers at scout. I don't know if he has kids or not, but if he does, would he tell his kids that it's ok, to take something that doesn't belong to them?? I sure hope not. I would hope they are better then their father's example.

You put it on the internet you should expect it to get stolen, leaked, etc. This isnt a patent infringement, its someone's words that were openly put on the internet.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2010, 03:23:40 PM »
I put hard work into cutting the video clips so Marquette fans could see game highlights for FREE.

edit

So don't tell me Im ripping off Marquette fans.  That's Dodd's job.

Edit:  I've edited out a piece of this .. may be somewhat slanderous.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 09:36:52 PM by mu_hilltopper »

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2010, 03:24:08 PM »

You promote stealing?  You stay classy.  Glad to see the MU education set you on the straight and narrow.

mueron

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2010, 03:28:44 PM »
You know what the worst part about this is? Once again a thread has turned into a bunch of d-bags bickering with each other. Jesus christ hood may be deciding today and we're discussing whether it us wrong to steal! We'd love to have you rodney in case you are reading but I hope you are not.

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2010, 03:28:59 PM »
You put it on the internet you should expect it to get stolen, leaked, etc. This isnt a patent infringement, its someone's words that were openly put on the internet.

...umm openly put on a PRIVATE website....you can try to justify all you want, it's stealing.  He took paid content and distributed on a free website.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2010, 03:29:49 PM »

Usually you pay for that content and its password protected and all.  If you are copying and pasting material, that is copyright infringement.  
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2010, 03:30:32 PM »
If Hood is announcing, he has already decided where he is going.  There is no need to pick a time and then just go with your gut when the time comes.  

muguru

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2010, 03:32:27 PM »
I put hard work into cutting the video clips so Marquette fans could see game highlights for FREE.

But Dodds tried to blackmail me into doing it on his site so he could make the almighty dollar, charging Marquette fans for my work.

So don't tell me Im ripping off Marquette fans.  That's Dodd's job.

I'll be over to your place tonight...I'll be over to steal your TV, your laptop, and anything else of value I can find. Apparently, that would be ok with you. ::)

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2010, 03:32:48 PM »
You promote stealing?  You stay classy.  Glad to see the MU education set you on the straight and narrow.

Oh I'll admit that's it's stealing and it isn't the right thing to do.  

But it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2010, 03:33:30 PM »
Scout.com Copyright and Fair Use Policy

The articles, photographs, data, and other content ("Content") appearing on or available through the websites operated by Scout Media, Inc. ("Scout") are protected by copyright pursuant to U.S. copyright laws, international conventions and other copyright laws. All such Content is protected by copyright and are owned or controlled by Scout or the party credited as the provider of the Content. You agree to abide by any and all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any part of the websites operated by Scout. Copying, storing or redistributing any Content is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Scout or the identified copyright holder. Logos, graphics, sounds or images from any website operated by Scout may not be copied, stored or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by Scout prior to use.

Scout permits the "fair use" of certain of the Content. Such use is subject to "fair use" guidelines, and must: (1) include "Scout.com" and the URL from which the Content originate; (2) not reflect a modification of the Content; (3) include a copyright notice in all copies; and (4) be for informational and non-commercial or personal use only and will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast in any media.

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2010, 03:34:03 PM »
You know what the worst part about this is? Once again a thread has turned into a bunch of d-bags bickering with each other. Jesus christ hood may be deciding today and we're discussing whether it us wrong to steal! We'd love to have you rodney in case you are reading but I hope you are not.

Nice, calling people d-bags...the internet makes people so "tough".  

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2010, 03:34:31 PM »
I'll be over to your place tonight...I'll be over to steal your TV, your laptop, and anything else of value I can find. Apparently, that would be ok with you. ::)

Is blackmailing ok with you?

I don't know if that happened, I'm just asking as I watch this thread unfold.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2010, 03:35:11 PM »
Usually you pay for that content and its password protected and all.  If you are copying and pasting material, that is copyright infringement.  

Now try and enforce it. Oh, and make no mention of the questionable legal practices websites use to sell your privacy information to advertisers.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2010, 03:37:10 PM »
Oh I'll admit that's it's stealing and it isn't the right thing to do.  

But it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Actually, it has nothing to do with Dodds...The person actually stole from Mark Miller(the person who posted the info) and those posters who paid for that info.

Someone made mention that paying for premium info is useless. This is a perfect example.....if the OP doesn't steal the info, and post it over here, the only people that would know this info would be people that pay for that info. You won't find the info on any other boards. Not the Louisville board, not the Florida State board, not the Mississippi St. board, not the Alabama board.

feedback