[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bucks Fire Griffin. Rivers Possible Replcement  (Read 5056 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Bucks Fire Griffin. Rivers Possible Replcement
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2024, 06:51:07 PM »
Bucks management are idiots to have turned over a championship caliber team to a rookie head coach simply because their star player wanted it that way. Not only didn't Horst want Griffin as head coach, but also, Stotts bailed on the imminent Titanic wreckage during the exhibition season. Red flags everywhere, aina?

#shutupanddribble
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2024, 06:52:51 PM »
Bucks management are idiots to have turned over a championship caliber team to a rookie head coach simply because their star player wanted it that way. Not only didn't Horst want Griffin as head coach, but also, Stotts bailed on the imminent Titanic wreckage during the exhibition season. Red flags everywhere, aina?

#shutupanddribble

When they put up his statue, will you attend?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2024, 07:06:25 PM »
Nah, I wouldn't walk across the street to see any of these prima donnas, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2024, 07:10:15 PM »
Nah, I wouldn't walk across the street to see any of these prima donnas, hey?

How much do you enjoy what Giannis has done for the community and how much he means to the city?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2024, 07:12:52 PM »
Imagine not embracing (worse yet, despising) the best Bucks generation in half a century. Led by a kid who grew up in poverty and making himself into one of the best players to ever play the game through entirely hard work of his own. And a second round pick that made himself into a multi time All Star.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2024, 07:17:16 PM »
Imagine not embracing (worse yet, despising) the best Bucks generation in half a century. Led by a kid who grew up in poverty and making himself into one of the best players to ever play the game through entirely hard work of his own. And a second round pick that made himself into a multi time All Star.

To be fair, he hates Marquette basketball, the Packers and the Brewers, too.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2024, 07:22:08 PM »
How much do you enjoy what Giannis has done for the community and how much he means to the city?

I think all that is great and I do enjoy and admire their talent. But, at the end of the day, they're entertainers. No different than actors and actresses or musical groups or solo artists. Their overall contribution to the betterment of society is minuscule at best, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2024, 07:24:41 PM »

I think all that is great and I do enjoy and admire their talent. But, at the end of the day, they're entertainers. No different than actors and actresses or musical groups or solo artists. Their overall contribution to the betterment of society is minuscule at best, hey?

Huh

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2024, 07:25:53 PM »

Led by a kid who not just grew up in incredible poverty but someone who’s life and liberty was at risk every single day because of far right racists like the Golden Dawn.  He battled a system that wouldn’t permit his parents to succeed and didn’t know if he’d have a home to return home to whenever he left. 

The amount of hate and challlenge he encountered in his life might be unrivaled by ANY NBA player past or present.   

And now, the highest performing employee wants a say in their manager? 

Shut up and dribble?   

Give me a f’n break.  He’s earned every right to have input or even veto power.   You live with his mistakes bc his upside is making your franchise worth billions. 

Lesson learned so you move on.

But shut up and dribble. 

That’s f’n disgusting and honestly something that I thought everyone on this board would be above. 

Just sad.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2024, 07:26:29 PM »

Nah, I see it for what it is...pure entertainment. Does that have a value? Sure, more for some, less for others. BTW, I don't think grouping college athletics with professional athletics is an apple to apple comparison, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2024, 07:33:21 PM »
Led by a kid who not just grew up in incredible poverty but someone who’s life and liberty was at risk every single day because of far right racists like the Golden Dawn.  He battled a system that wouldn’t permit his parents to succeed and didn’t know if he’d have a home to return home to whenever he left. 

The amount of hate and challlenge he encountered in his life might be unrivaled by ANY NBA player past or present.   

And now, the highest performing employee wants a say in their manager? 

Shut up and dribble?   

Give me a f’n break.  He’s earned every right to have input or even veto power.   You live with his mistakes bc his upside is making your franchise worth billions. 

Lesson learned so you move on.

But shut up and dribble. 

That’s f’n disgusting and honestly something that I thought everyone on this board would be above. 

Just sad.

Yup. Giannis could burn the Fiserv Forum down and piss on its ashes on his way to the Celtics for all I care and he’d forever be a Milwaukee legend.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2024, 07:35:47 PM »

Giannis brought Milwaukee together unlike any human being has in my lifetime.

And the Charles Antetokounmpo Family Foundation gives more to people in need than you’ve made in your lifetime.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2024, 08:05:54 PM »
I’ve been around Wisconsin pro athletes and their charity endeavors my entire life and professionally most of my career.  What Giannis and his fiancée have done in front of the camera and more so behind the scenes is on par with any Wisconsin athlete, ever.

And to Wade’s point, in the summer of 2021 every Milwaukee was rowing in the same direction and riding a high this town hadn’t seen since 1982.  That has to count for something. 

And to date his biggest off court crime is been the promotion of unhealthy fast food via viral Chick Fil A drive thru video
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2024, 09:28:19 PM »
He gets everything he needs from the Wave and Admirals

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2024, 09:36:45 PM »

Sounds about white

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2024, 10:05:21 PM »

I'm thinking more along the lines of the Chinooks.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2024, 06:30:34 AM »
  4ever’s got a high bar!  Those are the people ya want on your team and/ or fingers in your mouth😉
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2024, 06:50:29 AM »
  4ever’s got a high bar!  Those are the people ya want on your team and/ or fingers in your mouth😉

.5 out of 10

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2024, 10:03:43 AM »
I'm thinking more along the lines of the Chinooks.

Yeah.  Can't leave the boarders of Mequon.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2024, 10:13:42 AM »
I don't agree with people who hate on the NBA or its "divas", but I at least see where they are coming from with some of it.  Players who have been coddled since they were star AAU prospects in their early teens till now.

That being said, lumping Giannis in with that cabal is absolutely INSANE.  As mentioned, he came from circumstances that made even the hard scrabble backgrounds of some of the NBA players look like a breeze.  Someone who wasn't even embraced by his home country until he was an absolute star yet still had tons of pride.  One of the most personable, genuine, and self effacing stars the NBA has ever seen.  Never been in trouble, never trashed Milwaukee, the worst thing he ever did was losing his temper against the Bulls and committing a dirty flagrant almost a decade ago.

Not to mention he turned down HUGE money and opportunity to go to basically any flashy organization or city he wanted to stay with the Bucks.  And backed up everything with the results.  He's earned the right to have input into the future of the organization.  Players who have accomplished far less and complained far more have done much worse to influence decision making.

There is no surer sign of not being an actual fan of the Bucks and the organization than hating on Giannis.  He literally saved the organization and its future in Milwaukee to a fairly large extent.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2024, 10:31:23 AM »
I don't agree with people who hate on the NBA or its "divas", but I at least see where they are coming from with some of it.  Players who have been coddled since they were star AAU prospects in their early teens till now.

That being said, lumping Giannis in with that cabal is absolutely INSANE.  As mentioned, he came from circumstances that made even the hard scrabble backgrounds of some of the NBA players look like a breeze.  Someone who wasn't even embraced by his home country until he was an absolute star yet still had tons of pride.  One of the most personable, genuine, and self effacing stars the NBA has ever seen.  Never been in trouble, never trashed Milwaukee, the worst thing he ever did was losing his temper against the Bulls and committing a dirty flagrant almost a decade ago.

Not to mention he turned down HUGE money and opportunity to go to basically any flashy organization or city he wanted to stay with the Bucks.  And backed up everything with the results.  He's earned the right to have input into the future of the organization.  Players who have accomplished far less and complained far more have done much worse to influence decision making.

There is no surer sign of not being an actual fan of the Bucks and the organization than hating on Giannis.  He literally saved the organization and its future in Milwaukee to a fairly large extent.

Well, that’s the problem, he helped save the NBA in Milwaukee.  Some people just want Milwaukee to fail

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2024, 11:20:49 AM »

Tangentially related...that mural of Giannis on Wisconsin is absolutely fantastic. Honestly, one of the best murals I've seen.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2024, 11:36:23 AM »
May or may not have convinced the wife to take a few photos there on our wedding day...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2024, 12:00:55 PM »
Doc getting $40MM for this year plus the next 3 seasons is great for him.  Makes him the 4th highest paid NBA coach by AAV.

He'll be coaching the Bucks for the entirety of Dame's title window.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2024, 12:40:41 PM »
I don't have a ton of faith given his tenure in Philly and how middling he's been for the last decade since he left Boston, but that being said, potential for incredible storylines shaping up.  Best stars he's had since the Big 3 in Boston (Giannis & Dame>>>>Embiid and Harden or Blake and CP3), chance to contend for one more title with a powerhouse team and potentially redeem his legacy and be able to do it in his old college grounds/the arena where his alma mater plays.  Obviously winning a title is more important than anything else, but the casual intrigue and story is far more interesting than any of the other options they may have gotten on short notice.