[Today at 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[Today at 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[Today at 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[Today at 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Science still not settled on Natural Immunity vs Vaccines  (Read 24132 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Science still not settled on Natural Immunity vs Vaccines
« Reply #225 on: February 14, 2022, 02:48:37 PM »
I agree to an extent, but the argument against it has been that it's not FDA approved and isn't effective for kids under 5, so why get it. The argument in favor of it, by some on this board, has been that it's not FDA approved and isn't effective for kids under 5, so get it anyway.  But if it wasn't dangerous for children, the FDA would have approved it. Like you, whatever a person decides for his or her own children is fine, but until it's approved and/or they have a vaccine that will be beneficial to children, there's nothing anti-science about pumping the brakes and those advocating the position of "get it anyway" (not saying you Hards) are as bad or worse than those who say they'd never get a vaccine.

Nope, that isn't how this works.

It needs to be safe AND effective.

It's only safe.  It needs to be both, and under the current submission, it isn't.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #226 on: February 14, 2022, 05:15:41 PM »
Nope, that isn't how this works.

It needs to be safe AND effective.

It's only safe.  It needs to be both, and under the current submission, it isn't.

Thank you.  It also killed 300 children last flu season, when flu killed 1.  It isn't the flu.  If your child got COVID, they would probably be fine.  But it's still way more dangerous then the flu.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #227 on: February 14, 2022, 06:51:15 PM »
Thank you.  It also killed 300 children last flu season, when flu killed 1.  It isn't the flu.  If your child got COVID, they would probably be fine.  But it's still way more dangerous then the flu.

“While any death in a child from a vaccine preventable illness is a tragedy, the number of pediatric flu deaths reported to CDC each season is likely an undercount. Even though the reported number of flu-related deaths in children during the 2019-20 flu season was 199, CDC estimates the actual number of flu-related deaths in children that season was 434 when accounting for rates of influenza testing among children and deaths outside of a hospital that may be even less likely to be recognized as flu.”

Taken from CDC website.  Somehow flu has magically disappeared the last 2 years during the pandemic but pre pandemic it was similar numbers to Covid mortality in kids the last couple years.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #228 on: February 14, 2022, 08:23:10 PM »
“While any death in a child from a vaccine preventable illness is a tragedy, the number of pediatric flu deaths reported to CDC each season is likely an undercount. Even though the reported number of flu-related deaths in children during the 2019-20 flu season was 199, CDC estimates the actual number of flu-related deaths in children that season was 434 when accounting for rates of influenza testing among children and deaths outside of a hospital that may be even less likely to be recognized as flu.”

Taken from CDC website.  Somehow flu has magically disappeared the last 2 years during the pandemic but pre pandemic it was similar numbers to Covid mortality in kids the last couple years.

1281 kids have died from COVID. The worse flu year (H1N1) 2009-2010, 358 kids died .

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #230 on: February 14, 2022, 09:00:36 PM »
1281 kids have died from COVID. The worse flu year (H1N1) 2009-2010, 358 kids died .

Just for clarity’s sake, wouldn’t COVID technically encompass 2 flu seasons not just one?  It’s still far under COVID but it’s better to either compare 20-21 flu season and that period for COVID and 21-22 separately, not just COVID all encompassing, IMO

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #231 on: February 14, 2022, 09:20:58 PM »
Just for clarity’s sake, wouldn’t COVID technically encompass 2 flu seasons not just one?  It’s still far under COVID but it’s better to either compare 20-21 flu season and that period for COVID and 21-22 separately, not just COVID all encompassing, IMO

Sure.  In July of last year, 490 children had died from COVID.  One had died from the flu.  And I have to revise my post, the CDC went back to 2009-2010 and upped the H1N1 deaths to 1090.  Besides the H1N1 year, COVID is more deadly then every other year.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #232 on: February 14, 2022, 09:36:38 PM »
“While any death in a child from a vaccine preventable illness is a tragedy, the number of pediatric flu deaths reported to CDC each season is likely an undercount. Even though the reported number of flu-related deaths in children during the 2019-20 flu season was 199, CDC estimates the actual number of flu-related deaths in children that season was 434 when accounting for rates of influenza testing among children and deaths outside of a hospital that may be even less likely to be recognized as flu.

This just proves your are constantly trolling. It is well known, that flu deaths are an overcount, that is because what we call flu-deaths are actually flu- and influenza like illnesses.

You reject actual data on COVID confirmed deaths, because they must be an overcount, yet argue that estimates based on projecting reported deaths for the flu to the entire population is more accurate.

What a joke.

If we calculated COVID deaths like they do the flu, you would find the number to be substantially higher

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #233 on: February 14, 2022, 10:56:05 PM »
This just proves your are constantly trolling. It is well known, that flu deaths are an overcount, that is because what we call flu-deaths are actually flu- and influenza like illnesses.

You reject actual data on COVID confirmed deaths, because they must be an overcount, yet argue that estimates based on projecting reported deaths for the flu to the entire population is more accurate.

What a joke.

If we calculated COVID deaths like they do the flu, you would find the number to be substantially higher

Take it up with the CDC amigo.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #234 on: February 15, 2022, 06:20:01 AM »

What a joke.

Funny how Zigs is nowhere to be seen with his “recked” comment now. 🤡🤡🤡
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #235 on: February 15, 2022, 06:40:06 AM »

Sorry, I'm not here 24/7 like some people.  I have a life outside of being a message board overlord.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #236 on: February 15, 2022, 06:51:56 AM »

How was I “recked”?  Because forgetful no longer trusts the CDC and much like our friend Ned Price he likes to just say things and treat his word as the evidence of truth?

And Clarissa why chime in now with this comment but not yesterday?  Maybe it is you who is the quadruple 🤡

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #237 on: February 15, 2022, 07:11:38 AM »
Iz it Clarissa or iz it Clarabell, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #238 on: February 15, 2022, 07:35:19 AM »
Sorry, I'm not here 24/7 like some people.  I have a life outside of being a message board overlord.

Yet you responded in just over 20 minutes.  🤡🤡🤡
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #239 on: February 15, 2022, 08:01:43 AM »
How was I “recked”?  Because forgetful no longer trusts the CDC and much like our friend Ned Price he likes to just say things and treat his word as the evidence of truth?

Never said I didn't trust the CDC. I'm just aware of the actual methods they use. You though, do ignore the CDC when it is convenient for you (COVID), but are now touting it as gospel.

It's not even good trolling, just ignorance.

Now, back to ignoring your posts.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #240 on: February 15, 2022, 09:35:25 AM »
Yet you responded in just over 20 minutes.  🤡🤡🤡

I read your posts to make my morning wood go away, so I can take a leak.  Good morning, sunshine.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #241 on: February 15, 2022, 09:39:57 AM »
I read your posts to make my morning wood go away, so I can take a leak.  Good morning, sunshine.

I believe this, but pretty sure you skipped a step.
Not that there's anything wrong with it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #242 on: February 15, 2022, 11:24:11 AM »
He's never skipped that step.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #243 on: February 15, 2022, 12:12:14 PM »
I believe this, but pretty sure you skipped a step.
Not that there's anything wrong with it.

Your old lady never skips a step with me.  Hey-o.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #244 on: February 15, 2022, 12:30:31 PM »
Your old lady never skips a step with me.  Hey-o.

Not even the one when your implant needs inflating?
A gentleman would handle that himself.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 12:32:02 PM by Pakuni »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #245 on: February 15, 2022, 01:41:54 PM »

Lets not shame that.  Sciene is still not settled on the best type and method of penile implant

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #246 on: February 15, 2022, 02:11:04 PM »

Not something I need, but you seem to be the board expert on them.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #247 on: February 15, 2022, 02:43:34 PM »
Not something I need, but you seem to be the board expert on them.

Oh, Ziggy. You were doing pretty well there for a while, but now this all you've got?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #248 on: February 15, 2022, 03:57:07 PM »
Oh, Ziggy. You were doing pretty well there for a while, but now this all you've got?

Considering your lack of any kind of humor,   I'll take this as a compliment.

Last word is yours, as usual.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #249 on: February 16, 2022, 10:30:33 AM »
Why are you putting volunteering in quotes?  Do you feel that parents are putting their children at risk?  Cause that’s “despicable, disgusting and total BS.”

Oh and something that an anti-science moron would say.

https://wsau.com/2021/10/27/healthy-12-year-old-suffers-severe-debilitating-effects-from-the-covid-shot/

Maddie De Garay and her family feel different, from personal experience.