Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: IWB Just Tweeted "Done Deal"  (Read 174971 times)

mikekinsella001

• Walk-On
Re: IWB Just Tweeted "Done Deal"
« Reply #575 on: March 25, 2014, 02:20:57 PM »
Being skeptical of people who claim to have a "source" is a good thing. I do it all the time. We are all anonymous, after all.

Definitive statements such as yours are kind of silly though. I've been told three times now that there is absolutely zero chance the information I have is accurate. I don't know Dick from Harry on here. Goose could be someone high up in the athletic department for all I know. All I can is, I have specifically talked to a player on the team about all of this. Someone I know quite well. None of the rumors about imminent moves or team meetings have any legs, at all. None.

I can't speak to the other rumors. For all I know, Shaka could be negotiating as I type this. But those ones I can say, without a doubt, are 100% false.

I know for a fact a VCU staff spoke about a potential move to milwaukee. But that was yesterday. Things could have very well changed. So this isnt exactly ground breaking news. But pretty naive to assume to have knowledge over the whole situation

Wisco

• Starter
« Reply #576 on: March 25, 2014, 02:21:18 PM »
I hate that I am going to debate semantics here, but he doesn't actually say that there was a meeting or some broader communication.  He says "some people were informing some family and friends" which does not mean there was a meeting with the entire team.  I'm not saying it is true either, just that it makes it sound much more selective and couldn't necessarily be confirmed or denied by a player on the team if SS or someone else had a few private conversations.
No worries...that is a fair point. This topic was discussed in my conversation though.

Wisco

• Starter
« Reply #577 on: March 25, 2014, 02:22:29 PM »
I know for a fact a VCU staff spoke about a potential move to milwaukee. But that was yesterday. Things could have very well changed. So this isnt exactly ground breaking news. But pretty naive to assume to have knowledge over the whole situation

I specifically stated that I couldn't speak to other rumors that have been flying around. Not sure how I could have been any clearer.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #578 on: March 25, 2014, 02:24:07 PM »
Thinking of changing my name here to DoneDeal.

Wisco

• Starter
« Reply #579 on: March 25, 2014, 02:24:32 PM »
Oh, and the A10's Cinderella 2011 Final Four participant -- the one that lost its opening-round game this season thanks to a 4-point play -- would kill its proverbial mother, father and siblings to get an invite to swim in those watered-down waters.
Yes, I don't think any VCU fan would argue against that point. At least I'd hope not.

mikekinsella001

• Walk-On
« Reply #580 on: March 25, 2014, 02:24:48 PM »
That absolutely did not happen yesterday.

Well you did say this

MU82

• All American
« Reply #581 on: March 25, 2014, 02:25:01 PM »
Here is one thing I can say with absolute clarity and confidence: Shaka Smart indicated to high-level people at Marquette that he was going to take the job. That information trickled down to Marquette employees and spread from there. The information was specific enough that there was a rough timetable as to when things were (maybe still are) to unfold.

If it doesn't happen, that doesn't mean that many, many people at Marquette were not lead to believe otherwise. The person I talked to is super smart, super decent, and very modest. If they said the timetable was what they knew, then that's what it was.

THAT is one thing I will never back down on, and all the VCU fans in the world can never convince me otherwise. If they want to believe that this was all a bunch of Cheeseheads in Milwaukeee making things up, then they certainly don't understand Marquette University and its alumni. This is the double edged sword that is the Internet.

PS: I've said all that I know/heard. Out of respect for everything (and myself, I suppose) I'm refraining from saying anything further.

PPS: No matter what happens, I want to reiterate what I posted before about the very classy and decent and funny VCU fans. Good luck to you.

Please don't take this the wrong way but ...

Why should any of us automatically believe either you or your sources?

Seriously. If you were this well-sourced, why would you be wasting time on an Internet board slumming with the likes of Chicos, TAMU, Jajuannaman and ... well ... me?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #582 on: March 25, 2014, 02:26:27 PM »
On campus right now. Just saw Shaka with a Warriors shirt on. Is claiming that it is in reference to King Shaka Zulu but I know better. Speculation commence.

I was going to mention the origin of Shaka's name as reason to revisit the Warrior nickname,  but I was too afraid it would break bad. If people think the Native American imagery could be perceived as racist...
Have some patience, FFS.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #583 on: March 25, 2014, 02:26:35 PM »
Thinking of changing my name here to DoneDeal.

too late

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #584 on: March 25, 2014, 02:27:54 PM »
too late

But I think "I'm the source" is still available.

Wisco

• Starter
« Reply #585 on: March 25, 2014, 02:29:53 PM »
Well you did say this
Just a semantics thing. A wording issue.

I should probably follow the Jajuannaman school of thought and continue the humorous posts. As someone who has posted on here before and will likely continue posting in the future it would probably be Smart of me to stop engaging. Although I am a Marquette fan I'll admit that my bias on one side of the issue is probably too Strong right now.

Here's to a successful hire.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:33:06 PM by Warriors+Rams »

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #586 on: March 25, 2014, 02:34:32 PM »
too late

DAMMIT!

Although anotherDoneDeal is still available.

Edit: Ok, changed.  Feel free to quote me.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:40:01 PM by My source »

Shack

• Starter
« Reply #587 on: March 25, 2014, 02:38:53 PM »
Just a semantics thing. A wording issue.

I should probably follow the Jajuannaman school of thought and continue the humorous posts. As someone who has posted on here before and will likely continue posting in the future it would probably be Smart of me to stop engaging. Although I am a Marquette fan I'll admit that my bias on one side of the issue is probably too strong right now.

Here's to a successful hire.

What's the deal with  these "+Rams" user ids I'm seeing?  You're like the second or third VCU guy to do this.  I'll bite - what pleasure do we have to have you chose Marquette as your second favorite team?  Did you grow up in the area, are you an alumn, beat off to DWade's triple double in the Kentucky game (guilty  :-[)?

Wisco

• Starter
« Reply #588 on: March 25, 2014, 02:40:58 PM »

What's the deal with  these "+Rams" user ids I'm seeing?  You're like the second or third VCU guy to do this.  I'll bite - what pleasure do we have to have you chose Marquette as your second favorite team?  Did you grow up in the area, are you an alumn, beat off to DWade's triple double in the Kentucky game (guilty  :-[)?
Grandfather coached at MU. Both parents are grads. I've been going to games for many years. From Milwaukee. Also, the third thing you said...

Shack

• Starter
« Reply #589 on: March 25, 2014, 02:42:39 PM »
Grandfather coached at MU. Both parents are grads. I've been going to games for many years. From Milwaukee. Also, the third thing you said...

Allright Allright buddy.  Now show some loyalty and get on the right side of this argument. 

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #590 on: March 25, 2014, 02:43:08 PM »

Aren't you a student at VCU?  That FF run was 11 years ago.  Grad/law student at VCU?

Wisco

• Starter
« Reply #591 on: March 25, 2014, 02:47:10 PM »
Allright Allright buddy.  Now show some loyalty and get on the right side of this argument. 
Trying my best. I might be coming off as a troll at this point but I'm just being honest. As I've said, if I legitimately thought there was a chance I would have stated it here. Way too many factors at play though. Still can't say it's completely out of the question, especially considering the insistence of a few that I trust but I view it as highly, highly doubtful.
Aren't you a student at VCU?  That FF run was 11 years ago.  Grad/law student at VCU?
Close to graduation. Still have a slight memory of that run though.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #592 on: April 01, 2014, 08:49:41 PM »
Bump.

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #593 on: April 01, 2014, 10:10:23 PM »
Well at least the search committee got their 2nd choice.  ;) And they sure did their due diligence.  Shaka might not have panned out but getting #2 ain't bad
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #594 on: April 01, 2014, 10:56:59 PM »
I'm still not sure... process not yet done. They could pull the ol' switcharoo
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

🏀

• All American
« Reply #595 on: April 01, 2014, 10:59:47 PM »
Everyone does realize Shaka was almost on a plane to Milwaukee right?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #596 on: April 01, 2014, 11:10:09 PM »

#almostdonedeal

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #597 on: April 01, 2014, 11:10:45 PM »
Well at least the search committee got their 2nd choice.  ;) And they sure did their due diligence.  Shaka might not have panned out but getting #2 ain't bad

You really believe Wojo was MU's second choice?

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #598 on: April 01, 2014, 11:11:24 PM »
no because we don't know anything other than the media reports which weren't specific at all.

can you fill us in on the gory details?
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

🏀

• All American
« Reply #599 on: April 01, 2014, 11:15:21 PM »
no because we don't know anything other than the media reports which weren't specific at all.

can you fill us in on the gory details?

Cold feet? IWB jumped the gun, but the news from Virginia was a done deal when he tweeted it.

feedback