[May 10, 2024, 09:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 10, 2024, 08:12:15 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MUbiz
[May 10, 2024, 03:33:49 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by LloydsLegs
[May 10, 2024, 03:08:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: IWB Just Tweeted "Done Deal"  (Read 174920 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: IWB Just Tweeted "Done Deal"
« Reply #550 on: March 25, 2014, 12:22:49 PM »
What are the numbers?

7 years, $18.2M.  Works out to $2.6M/year.  Was making close to $3M at MU.

By those numbers, Bazz took less.  But neither figure includes the "soft" money that may be coming from unnamed donors, businesses, sovereign wealth funds, etc.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #551 on: March 25, 2014, 12:26:50 PM »
7 years, $18.2M.  Works out to $2.6M/year.  Was making close to $3M at MU.

By those numbers, Bazz took less.  But neither figure includes the "soft" money that may be coming from unnamed donors, businesses, sovereign wealth funds, etc.

I think Jay Bee is contesting those numbers.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #552 on: March 25, 2014, 12:30:56 PM »
We haven't even gotten to the fly fishing part yet.
+1000

mikekinsella001

• Walk-On
« Reply #553 on: March 25, 2014, 12:31:20 PM »
I just talked to someone close to the staff of VCU and yesterday some people were informing some family and friends about an imminent move to Milwaukee. When I talked to him again today, the source has gone quiet.

Obviously this means nothing, but FWIW this had some serious legs yesterday and his hit a wall today.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #554 on: March 25, 2014, 12:33:09 PM »
I'm going to save this and show it to u when he leaves for a premier job.  Why so salty, we tried to tell you this.  Smart is very open with our community here. He is very visible. If you thought he was the kind of guy to leave in a jet overnight and spurn VCU I feel sorry for you. Smart is a different kind of guy. He will leave us one day and it will be done in a very class and tasteful way. You may not want to believe it, but it will happen. He is unique and different from these sleazy coaches. Save this post for down the road and you will see for yourself.  Why do you think we are all so confident in his word.
Haha. Your sweet innocence is precious. Don't let this world change you.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #555 on: March 25, 2014, 12:33:25 PM »
I just talked to someone close to the staff of VCU and yesterday some people were informing some family and friends about an imminent move to Milwaukee. When I talked to him again today, the source has gone quiet.

Obviously this means nothing, but FWIW this had some serious legs yesterday and his hit a wall today.
Thanks for hitting those 2 big 3 pointers that one year!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #556 on: March 25, 2014, 12:33:47 PM »
I'm going to save this and show it to u when he leaves for a premier job.  Why so salty, we tried to tell you this.  Smart is very open with our community here. He is very visible. If you thought he was the kind of guy to leave in a jet overnight and spurn VCU I feel sorry for you. Smart is a different kind of guy. He will leave us one day and it will be done in a very class and tasteful way. You may not want to believe it, but it will happen. He is unique and different from these sleazy coaches. Save this post for down the road and you will see for yourself.  Why do you think we are all so confident in his word.

MU is a pretty premier job bud. If he stays props to smart because from what ive been hearing is that MU was planning to double his salary.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #557 on: March 25, 2014, 12:35:00 PM »
I remember when we felt the same way about another coach once. The honeymoon phase is adorable.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

RamScam

• Walk-On
« Reply #558 on: March 25, 2014, 01:13:12 PM »
I remember when we felt the same way about another coach once. The honeymoon phase is adorable.

Lolololol.  If you thought Crean was a loyal coach. He's in the Greg Marshall scumbag of year category. IMHO I think Buzz saw no AD, no President, and a middling team in a watered down Big East.  Most incoming ADs like to hire their own coach and make their own name.  This years record and a chance to coach in ACC probably did it for Buzz. Can't say I blame him in that scenario.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #559 on: March 25, 2014, 01:14:52 PM »
Lolololol.  If you thought Crean was a loyal coach. He's in the Greg Marshall scumbag of year category. IMHO I think Buzz saw no AD, no President, and a middling team in a watered down Big East.  Most incoming ADs like to hire their own coach and make their own name.  This years record and a chance to coach in ACC probably did it for Buzz. Can't say I blame him in that scenario.

No he tried to play like Shaka, entertain offers to get more money and we were like 'not after this season' and he got all huffy
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #560 on: March 25, 2014, 01:19:24 PM »

So if the Big East is watered down, what does that make the A-10 when SLU and one other makes its way to the Big East?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #561 on: March 25, 2014, 01:21:19 PM »
So if the Big East is watered down, what does that make the A-10 when SLU and one other makes its way to the Big East?

Even with SLU and someone else.  There is no program in the A10 that has the prestige of putting on a GTown, Nova, or MU jersey. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #562 on: March 25, 2014, 01:21:47 PM »

I've never heard Marshall referred to as a scumbag. Care to elaborate?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #563 on: March 25, 2014, 01:21:52 PM »

The conference smack talk from a team in a conference that had 2 of its marquee teams jump to the "watered down Big East" and still finished below the "watered down Big East", in the conference's best year ever, is pretty cute.  If you guys keep Shaka, great, congratulations and I respect his loyalty but chill.  Lets not forget that your Cinderella conference member in the Sweet Sixteen right now would kill its proverbial mother to get an invite to Marquette's watered down conference.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #564 on: March 25, 2014, 01:56:10 PM »
I had lunch yesterday with a Georgetown alum, big basketball fan.  He was furious over Buzz's conference remarks as are many G'Town people.  He rightly said what others have pointed out

"takes some big balls or absolutely no brains to piss on a conference for being weak and you finish .500 in that very conference.  What an a$$hole"

Sing it Georgetown brother

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #565 on: March 25, 2014, 01:59:42 PM »
I had lunch yesterday with a Georgetown alum, big basketball fan.  He was furious over Buzz's conference remarks as are many G'Town people.  He rightly said what others have pointed out

"takes some big balls or absolutely no brains to piss on a conference for being weak and you finish .500 in that very conference.  What an a$$hole"

Love it!

Wisco

• Starter
« Reply #566 on: March 25, 2014, 02:05:25 PM »

That absolutely did not happen yesterday.

BenCat12

• Team Captain
« Reply #567 on: March 25, 2014, 02:07:17 PM »
Let's be honest, you have no idea if it happened or not.  There are only a select few who do, and you aren't one of them, none of us here are.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #568 on: March 25, 2014, 02:10:15 PM »

Warriors+Rams, you're not doing the humorous VCU trolls service by shooting this stuff down. Have you learned nothing? You're supposed to be encouraging this wild positive speculation!

Wisco

• Starter
« Reply #569 on: March 25, 2014, 02:10:37 PM »
Let's be honest, you have no idea if it happened or not.  There are only a select few who do, and you aren't one of them, none of us here are.
Being skeptical of people who claim to have a "source" is a good thing. I do it all the time. We are all anonymous, after all.

Definitive statements such as yours are kind of silly though. I've been told three times now that there is absolutely zero chance the information I have is accurate, even though what I was told yesterday turned out to be completely true.

I don't know Dick from Harry on here. Goose could be someone high up in the athletic department for all I know. All I can say is, I have specifically talked to a player on the team about all of this. Someone I know quite well. None of the rumors about imminent moves or team meetings have any legs, at all. None.

I can't speak to the other rumors. For all I know, Shaka could be negotiating as I type this. But those ones I can say, without a doubt, are 100% false.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:20:09 PM by Warriors+Rams »

Wisco

• Starter
« Reply #570 on: March 25, 2014, 02:13:26 PM »
Warriors+Rams, you're not doing the humorous VCU trolls service by shooting this stuff down. Have you learned nothing? You're supposed to be encouraging this wild positive speculation!
On campus right now. Just saw Shaka with a Warriors shirt on. Is claiming that it is in reference to King Shaka Zulu but I know better. Speculation commence.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #571 on: March 25, 2014, 02:16:55 PM »
I had lunch yesterday with a Georgetown alum, big basketball fan.  He was furious over Buzz's conference remarks as are many G'Town people.  He rightly said what others have pointed out

"takes some big balls or absolutely no brains to piss on a conference for being weak and you finish .500 in that very conference.  What an a$$hole"

Not shocked. Even when he was winning, Williams was a little off. An odd dude.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:19:28 PM by Groin_pull »

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #572 on: March 25, 2014, 02:18:43 PM »
All I can is, I have specifically talked to a player on the team about all of this. Someone I know quite well. None of the rumors about imminent moves or team meetings have any legs, at all. None.

I hate that I am going to debate semantics here, but he doesn't actually say that there was a meeting or some broader communication.  He says "some people were informing some family and friends" which does not mean there was a meeting with the entire team.  I'm not saying it is true either, just that it makes it sound much more selective and couldn't necessarily be confirmed or denied by a player on the team if SS or someone else had a few private conversations.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #573 on: March 25, 2014, 02:19:52 PM »
On campus right now. Just saw Shaka with a Warriors shirt on. Is claiming that it is in reference to King Shaka Zulu but I know better. Speculation commence.

This is exactly what I've been looking for! Taking it to twitter immediately!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #574 on: March 25, 2014, 02:20:51 PM »
The conference smack talk from a team in a conference that had 2 of its marquee teams jump to the "watered down Big East" and still finished below the "watered down Big East", in the conference's best year ever, is pretty cute.  If you guys keep Shaka, great, congratulations and I respect his loyalty but chill.  Lets not forget that your Cinderella conference member in the Sweet Sixteen right now would kill its proverbial mother to get an invite to Marquette's watered down conference.

Oh, and the A10's Cinderella 2011 Final Four participant -- the one that lost its opening-round game this season thanks to a 4-point play -- would kill its proverbial mother, father and siblings to get an invite to swim in those watered-down waters.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback