Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: IWB Just Tweeted "Done Deal"  (Read 174970 times)

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
Re: IWB Just Tweeted "Done Deal"
« Reply #475 on: March 25, 2014, 08:04:26 AM »
It'll be nuts of he comes here. In a good way. It seems like it'll shock a lot of national media pundits however.

I just don't know how credible any of the sources on this board are and if iwb is wrong...might ruin his credibility to an extent.

If IWB is wrong, he looks like a huge a$$ and ruins all credibility. If I was paying for the premium board to be fed this info and turns out to be false, I would want my money back and cancel my subscription immediately.

WesMatthewsFanClub

• Walk-On
« Reply #476 on: March 25, 2014, 08:07:46 AM »
Wow! Every angle is trying to be justified.  Justify that Wardle or Howland, or some unknown candidate will be your next head coach.  Smart is not coming.

Oh, good to know! Thanks!

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #477 on: March 25, 2014, 08:10:58 AM »
If IWB is wrong, he looks like a huge a$$ and ruins all credibility. If I was paying for the premium board to be fed this info and turns out to be false, I would want my money back and cancel my subscription immediately.

Agree! It would be horrible for someone that has their own business based on Milwaukee basketball. Let's hope that he is right and we can all breathe.

I have lowered expectations after this media circus. I honestly don't think marquette has done anything wrong. Yet, at least. They have been quiet and are hopefully sealing the deal with a coach whether it is smart or Howland, or whoever.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #478 on: March 25, 2014, 08:12:18 AM »
Wow! Every angle is trying to be justified.  Justify that Wardle or Howland, or some unknown candidate will be your next head coach.  Smart is not coming.
Who are you trying to convince; Marquette fans or yourself?  There's absolutely no way you're not uneasy and dying for the finality as much as we are.  I know I would be. Here's the reality; until the question is formally answered by the only man in a position to formally answer it, none of us know for certain.  Enjoy the ride!
No Finish Line

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #479 on: March 25, 2014, 08:16:02 AM »

If you are not concerned about it, then why are you posting on another team's fan board to convince them?  Or are you trying to convince yourself

🏀

• All American
« Reply #480 on: March 25, 2014, 08:20:01 AM »
Yep he sure could.  And others with sources are suggesting the same, i.e. Avenue Commons, PTM

This makes the most sense to me, but my source isn't that great compared to others around here.

connie

• All American
« Reply #481 on: March 25, 2014, 08:21:15 AM »
I guess Shaka could drive in to the office this morning to put an end to this.  I understand you can't respond to every rumor, but this has gotten a bit larger than normal speculation.  The total silence from VCU itself is interesting.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Goose

• All American
« Reply #482 on: March 25, 2014, 08:21:26 AM »
PTM

I think you are right. Just being handled the right way.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #483 on: March 25, 2014, 08:25:24 AM »
Agree Shaka can end the rumors by making a statement.  By not making a statement, we have to believe there is truth to the rumors and/or that he is negotiating.

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #484 on: March 25, 2014, 08:25:43 AM »
PTM

I think you are right. Just being handled the right way.

Adam finkelstein just tweeted that he met with vcu players yesterday and assured them he wasn't going anywhere......

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #485 on: March 25, 2014, 08:25:56 AM »
This makes the most sense to me, but my source isn't that great compared to others around here.

You stated yesterday it's real, it's done, and he's getting his house in order. You don't seem as confident today? Are you backtracking from it's done now?

dinger

• Starter
« Reply #486 on: March 25, 2014, 08:26:10 AM »
It'll be nuts of he comes here. In a good way. It seems like it'll shock a lot of national media pundits however.

I just don't know how credible any of the sources on this board are and if iwb is wrong...might ruin his credibility to an extent.

My guess is that the source is some booster or relation of a board member. If the source doesn't work out IWB can always throw him under the bus or say negotiations fell apart later on. It's probably the same source miller and van vooren talked to.

Odds are some trigger event happened yesterday ranging from the boosters making Shaka the top target to sending a contract to his lawyers. Remember there was rumbling of buzz going to VT as early as Monday and nothing was certain until Friday. I don't think we will wait that long to find out but it's not going to be right away

The Process

• All American
« Reply #487 on: March 25, 2014, 08:28:26 AM »
My guess is that the source is some booster or relation of a board member. If the source doesn't work out IWB can always throw him under the bus or say negotiations fell apart later on. It's probably the same source miller and van vooren talked to.

Odds are some trigger event happened yesterday ranging from the boosters making Shaka the top target to sending a contract to his lawyers. Remember there was rumbling of buzz going to VT as early as Monday and nothing was certain until Friday. I don't think we will wait that long to find out but it's not going to be right away

I just hope we got enough alcohol on hand to get us through this, Dirty.
Relax. Respect the Process.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #488 on: March 25, 2014, 08:29:00 AM »
You stated yesterday it's real, it's done, and he's getting his house in order. You don't seem as confident today? Are you backtracking from it's done now?

House in order was posted in my own opinion as to why the national guys can't confirm it.

I really have no direction after that Finkelstein tweet.

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #489 on: March 25, 2014, 08:30:43 AM »
House in order was posted in my own opinion as to why the national guys can't confirm it.

I really have no direction after that Finkelstein tweet.

Actually the tweet was that he spoke to his commits and coaches that he wasn't going anywhere.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #490 on: March 25, 2014, 08:32:01 AM »
It was Shawn Smith who hit the FT's. , yes?

Maybe! It's been 22 Years! My memory from that night is shaky anyways.
We Are Marquette

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #491 on: March 25, 2014, 08:32:20 AM »
Actually the tweet was that he spoke to his commits and coaches that he wasn't going anywhere.
Here's where I'm at...in the immortal words of Yogi Berra; I'll believe it when I believe it
No Finish Line

Sharpie

• Team Captain
« Reply #492 on: March 25, 2014, 08:34:16 AM »
Here's where I'm at...in the immortal words of Yogi Berra; I'll believe it when I believe it

Lol. I'm just trying to get wrap my head around all of this but I still have no idea what to think. I'm getting more pessimistic as time passes. Still trying to be patient and let it sort itself out but that finkelstein tweet has me worried.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #493 on: March 25, 2014, 08:34:41 AM »
If Howland back off now, we are royally screwed.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #494 on: March 25, 2014, 08:35:30 AM »
If Howland back off now, we are royally screwed.

That was my biggest fear...a bird in the hand
No Finish Line

RamScam

• Walk-On
« Reply #495 on: March 25, 2014, 08:38:11 AM »
If you are not concerned about it, then why are you posting on another team's fan board to convince them?  Or are you trying to convince yourself
https://twitter.com/tsnmike/status/448452508218691584

No just trying to save you the embarrassment so Marquette can save face, but way too late for that

RamScam

• Walk-On
« Reply #496 on: March 25, 2014, 08:41:26 AM »
Reality has to set in at some point. Vcu fans are laughing so hard at this. Marquette created this. You guys bit the bait hard.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #497 on: March 25, 2014, 08:41:46 AM »
Where is IWB this morning? Sitting in an office, trying to figure out how he can spin this? He looks awful on this whole situation...really glad I didn't sign up for the premium board!!!!

Gopher+RamFan

• Walk-On
« Reply #498 on: March 25, 2014, 08:43:45 AM »
I figured the news would leak from commits and their families, as they aren't on campus and easier to let information slip.

I saw several posters on here wanted to gloat on VCU boards after Shaka came to MU. I'm leaving this board, unless VCU becomes a target for expansion in the BE again.

Good luck on your search, I hope you find the right candidate. I'm sure many will say that they didn't even want Shaka after this is all said and done (happened on my other teams site, Gopher Hole).

Marquette has a lot to offer, and shouldn't be sweating it out. Basketball only schools need to stick together.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #499 on: March 25, 2014, 08:44:34 AM »
https://twitter.com/tsnmike/status/448452508218691584

No just trying to save you the embarrassment so Marquette can save face, but way too late for that

Not embarrassed at all, and lets see how it finally plays out.  At the very least you have a coach who likes flirting with other jobs, clearly. When there is smoke there is fire. That's not a comfortable place to be as a fan, we know from experience. So good luck with that, and sure I believe you that you cared about MU so you were trying to save us embarrassment.

feedback