'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: IWB Just Tweeted "Done Deal"  (Read 174960 times)

VegasWarrior77

• All American
Re: IWB Just Tweeted "Done Deal"
« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2014, 08:26:36 PM »
Can the producer of the Doug Gottlieb show legally tweet this???

Adam Klug
@Adam_Klug
I produce the Doug Gottlieb Show on CBS Sports Radio. I'm a Falcons, Braves, Dawgs & Hawks fan. Email: adam.klug@cbsradio.com http://gottlieb.radio.cbssports.com/

Adam Klug ‏@Adam_Klug  2m
Marquette has no President or Athletic Director, and may be investigated by the NCAA, but Shaka Smart's gonna take that job? #KeepDreaming
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2014, 08:26:47 PM »
I have SSP on alert waiting for a Limo call.

MountainCreekHouse

• Starter
  • Danktatoes
« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2014, 08:27:06 PM »
OMG Who could resist that goat jizz sauce they use.

Lol. It adds just the right amount of warm, salty flavor.
Farva:"Give me six Schlitzes."
O'Hagan: "Take it easy, Rod."
Farva: "Open bar, dude!"

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #178 on: March 24, 2014, 08:28:35 PM »

Adam Klug
@Adam_Klug
I produce the Doug Gottlieb Show on CBS Sports Radio. I'm a Falcons, Braves, Dawgs & Hawks fan. Email: adam.klug@cbsradio.com http://gottlieb.radio.cbssports.com/

Marquette has no President or Athletic Director, and may be investigated by the NCAA, but Shaka Smart's gonna take that job? #KeepDreaming

That's a hit job based on selective reading of this board. 

The guy is talking out of arse.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2014, 08:30:32 PM »

Adam Klug
@Adam_Klug

He can legally tweet whatever he wants.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #180 on: March 24, 2014, 08:33:27 PM »
This is special from an I4 fan:

Kiel Dager
@KielDager
Obsessed Indiana basketball fan.#IUbb Lover of all things Pittsburgh: #Pirates #Pens #Steelers. Also an OKC #Thunder fan.
Fort Wayne Indiana

Kiel Dager ‏@KielDager  1m
Shaka Smart to Marquette? Don't do it Shaka! Give IU one more year PLEASE!?!?!?!! #IUbb
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #181 on: March 24, 2014, 08:33:31 PM »
Well this is just ridiculous! Who is better for info IWB or Paint Touches?

Ganzer. Mark Miller also confirmed.
We Are Marquette

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2014, 08:34:41 PM »
Here is what we know

IWB (Jim Ganzer) tweets about an hour ago it's a done deal.  IWB says he is the source (presumably he got it from MU).  Note this was AFTER Goodman said nothing was happening.  Since IWB is the source, this implies new information since Goodman tweet

Milwaukee/Wisconsin media and sports guys like Pipines, Mark Miller and WSSP call IWB, presualy they are all buddies.  IWB tells him what he knows, or assures them it is good.  They all tweet.  Still only have one source.

So for now all we have is the original IWB tweet and nothing more.

Do we trust IWB this much?  Remember Dodds at 4:45 (saying their was a 5:00 announcement to say Shaka was done).

Thoughts

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
Stud of the Tweet
« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2014, 08:35:03 PM »
Get your votes in....
Mine
A close source said Shaka Smart is in Minneapolis, my hometown & I love it! 3.3 & 7 Guaranteed 21+million
11:38 PM - 26 Mar 2013
@areacodes

Believability level? Probably somewhere from laughable to “so you’re telling me there’s a chance?” The Minnesota media doesn’t appear to be taking the claim too seriously – yet.
Jason McIntyre

chapman

• All American
« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2014, 08:35:24 PM »
Well, IWB and Dodds are either going to be ballin' from new premium subscribers or Scoop will become a total monopoly.  Don't think they go this strong without something solid.  And the potential to make a bunch of national media guys look silly to boot?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #185 on: March 24, 2014, 08:36:19 PM »
Do we trust IWB this much?  Remember Dodds at 4:45 (saying their was a 5:00 announcement to say Shaka was done).

Thoughts

Yes, absolutely.

If he's right it's awesome!

If he's wrong, we get to hate on him for a long time.

Win-win.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #186 on: March 24, 2014, 08:36:23 PM »

GOO

• All American
Meaning of Done
« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2014, 08:36:57 PM »
To me the meaning of done is having a signed contract without an out and a Hugh liquidated damage clause. Coming or not, that is what done in this context should mean.

Until I see the VCU basketball board blow up about a team meeting and a plane with SS on it landing in MKE I am not sold.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2014, 08:37:57 PM »
Here is what we know

IWB (Jim Ganzer) tweets about an hour ago it's a done deal.  IWB says he is the source (presumably he got it from MU).  Note this was AFTER Goodman said nothing was happening.  Since IWB is the source, this implies new information since Goodman tweet

Milwaukee/Wisconsin media and sports guys like Pipines, Mark Miller and WSSP call IWB, presualy they are all buddies.  IWB tells him what he knows, or assures them it is good.  They all tweet.  Still only have one source.

So for now all we have is the original IWB tweet and nothing more.

Thoughts

Nope - need one more independent source. I'll settle for one source if it's a picture of Shaka signing the effing contract. Until then, angst.

Aughnanure

• All American
How I Feel Right Now
« Reply #189 on: March 24, 2014, 08:38:01 PM »
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

GOO

• All American
Meaning of Done
« Reply #190 on: March 24, 2014, 08:39:36 PM »
To me the meaning of done is having a signed contract without an out and a Hugh liquidated damage clause. Coming or not, that is what done in this context should mean.

Until I see the VCU basketball board blow up about a team meeting and a plane with SS on it landing in MKE I am not sold.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #191 on: March 24, 2014, 08:39:42 PM »
Nope - need one more independent source. I'll settle for one source if it's a picture of Shaka signing the effing contract. Until then, angst.

I'll settle for a non-Milwaukee source like one of those ESPN idiots to confirm (ESPN has a lot of them).

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #192 on: March 24, 2014, 08:40:14 PM »
Well, IWB and Dodds are either going to be ballin' from new premium subscribers or Scoop will become a total monopoly.  Don't think they go this strong without something solid.  And the potential to make a bunch of national media guys look silly to boot?

Yup.  Or worse, accused of killing the deal a la Bob Knight to Wisconsin years ago

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #193 on: March 24, 2014, 08:40:31 PM »
Just a thought. Shaka agreed verbally this afternoon after discussing it this am with AD. Spent the afternoon getting ready. Shaka met with with his team at 5 EST; timing coincides with VCU players cryptic tweets.  Everyone figured by 5 cst it would be a done deal and gave Strong ok to fly down. Strong flying down to pick up family and to sign papers.  MU doesn't want to release until he signs because who knows what can happen.

muhoosier260

• All American
Re: Meaning of Done
« Reply #194 on: March 24, 2014, 08:41:35 PM »

Unfortunately the internet has given too many people a microphone. Your definition aligns with mine.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #195 on: March 24, 2014, 08:41:57 PM »
This is either going to turn out well, or there will be a lot of retractions tomorrow.

http://fox11online.com/2014/03/24/report-smart-to-be-new-coach-at-marquette/

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2014, 08:42:03 PM »
Just a thought. Shaka agreed verbally this afternoon after discussing it this am with AD. Spent the afternoon getting ready. Shaka met with with his team at 5 EST; timing coincides with VCU players cryptic tweets.  Everyone figured by 5 cst it would be a done deal and gave Strong ok to fly down. Strong flying down to pick up family and to sign papers.  MU doesn't want to release until he signs because who knows what can happen.

Examples?
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2014, 08:42:08 PM »

My thoughts exactly.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2014, 08:43:37 PM »
Has anyone mentioned this isn't fun anymore?

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #199 on: March 24, 2014, 08:43:57 PM »

Can you repost?  I don't recall seeing these