[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by MU82
[Today at 12:54:04 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: OT - B10 football once again proving it is second class when compared to the SEC  (Read 9641 times)

karavotsos

• All American
There is no shame in losing to TCU.  Wisconsin didn't lose because of a couple gadget plays.  They lost to a better team...that was favored.

So Wisconsin's simply worse than TCU.  This was not a fluke.  I'm OK with that.  Wisconsin simply lost a game that they were supposed to lose.  To TCU.  On National TV.  On New Year's Day.  Where is TCU located, exactly?    

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Big Ten today....0-5

Worst single day bowl performance of any conference in college football history.

2011 is off to a FANTASTIC start

ATWizJr

• All American
So Wisconsin's simply worse than TCU.  This was not a fluke.  I'm OK with that.  Wisconsin simply lost a game that they were supposed to lose.  To TCU.  On National TV.  On New Year's Day.  Where is TCU located, exactly?    

Totally agree.  No fluke when you have no pass rush and play soft coverage.  In fact, pretty much unavoidable when you can't make a 39 yard field goal.  Embarassing.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
There is no shame in losing to TCU.  Wisconsin didn't lose because of a couple gadget plays.  They lost to a better team...that was favored.

Those other BCS teams didn't just lose on a couple of "gadget" plays either.  They just happened to be big plays but they hung in there with those BCS schools the entire game.

After hearing from Wisconsin fans how they were going to throttle the Frogs, how Wisconsin was the best team in the country except for one day in East Lansing, etc, etc....sorry, I'm enjoying today very much.   I'm so sick of smug SEC, Big Ten and Big 12 fans saying how these schools could not compete with the BCS boys.  How many times have they been proven wrong?  Just about every year.

Besides, a friend of mine (former DTV colleague) heads up ISP Sports for TCU and I'm thrilled for him.   Go Horned Frogs....it doesn't hurt any that it's UW-madison taking their lumps.  LOL.  I still wonder when that Big Ten Network kicks in for all of those national titles that will follow.  LOL

tower912

• All American
I do like Sparty, but MSU getting rolled was worth it to make the B-whatever 0-5 today.   History in the making.  My wife has family at the Rose Bowl rooting for Wisconsin and I didn't used to hate Wiscy.   But after learning what their fanbase is like, misery for buckynation makes me happy.   And by extension, the B10.   Because their sorry football has caused a whole lot of misery and angst about MU's future.   So f-em all and I hope tOSU gets rolled too.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

karavotsos

• All American
I've never really been a purple shirt guy before.  Or a purple tie guy.  Think its time to work a little purple into the wardrobe.

Remember that time when TCU beat Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl?

MUEng92

• All American

Several of the callers to 540AM on Thursday afternoon would not agree with that statement.  They had a poll asking...if you could only have one of your teams win this weekend would you want the Badgers or Packers to win?  Granted, I could only listen a short time because I was afraid my head would explode while driving on I94, causing a huge accident, from listening to so many people say the Badger win was more important (in a glorified exhibition game that means nothing in the grand scheme of things other than giving Badger fans yet another opportunity to add to their red wardrobe with a Rose Bowl Champion shirt...whoops, have to keep bringing out that faded 1994 t-shirt).  Anyway, several callers basically said that it wasn't so much that the Badger win was more important, it was that the embarrassment of losing to a nothing school would be worse than the Packers missing out on the playoffs.  I think it would be safe to say, 95% or more of the callers thought it was a total joke that Madison wasn't favored.  Uggghhh.

I wonder how many of those "fans" will be sitting near me tomorrow at Lambeau?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Bucky running up the score constantly end of the season
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2011, 08:50:42 PM »
One more reason to be happy.  The running up the score that BB was doing with Becky at the end of the season was a joke.  There were plenty of people in the college football world with raised eyebrows.  Karma was nice today after that complete nonsense he was doing.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

CivEng12

• Walk-On
Came on here to read about the big WV win today but since everyone wants to talk football, how did our football team do today?  I must have missed it.

chapman

• All American
Came on here to read about the big WV win today but since everyone wants to talk football, how did our football team do today?  I must have missed it.

As many wins at the Big Ten combined, with five less losses.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Yeah, 2 threads out of 100...sure equates to EVERYONE.  LOL.  For the record, we didn't win our football game, same performance that all 5 Big Ten teams had today.

MarquetteDano

• All American
Came on here to read about the big WV win today but since everyone wants to talk football, how did our football team do today?  I must have missed it.

Yeah, as Chicos said like two topics about football with like 15 about the game.  Must be hard avoiding this topic.  I can see your irriation.

Almost as irritating as those people who lack integrity by pretending to be Marquette fans by posting as a supposed fan but are really here to Troll.  You have like four posts and each one is defending the Badgers.

Please spare us on the wanting to read about the "big WV win" today.  At least be honest and say you are a Badger fan than pretending to be here for Marquette basketball.

GGGG

• All American

Uh....Texas   :D

Seriously, I watch a lot of college football.  More than most of my UW fans who watch only a handful of games outside of UW games.  TCU is a very solid football program...  IMO the game was a toss up and played out as such.  I wish UW would have won but there is no shame in losing to TCU.

GGGG

• All American
Several of the callers to 540AM on Thursday afternoon would not agree with that statement. 

Well, as I mentioned, I watch a lot of college football...it was at least the fifth time I saw TCU play this year.  They are very good and deserved the #3 ranking going into the game.

warthog-driver

• All American
The Pac Ten has a few teams that might differ.  Go Ducks against Auburn.  Go Stanford later tonight.

Wazzou...Go Cougs!

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain

Uh....Texas   :D

Seriously, I watch a lot of college football.  More than most of my UW fans who watch only a handful of games outside of UW games.  TCU is a very solid football program...  IMO the game was a toss up and played out as such.  I wish UW would have won but there is no shame in losing to TCU.

Anyone catch the TCU player's post-game interview with Erin Andrews?  Wow, busting out the bible verse, those kids are putting us to shame!  of course we are a jesuit university so it's not like we really read the bible anyway, am i right?? :) 

although now it may be just a SMIDGE harder to recruit out of Texas now... :(

and speaking of the photo above of the Sad Badger, so there were definitely people wearing replicas of badgers more realistic than that on their heads too. Wow, let's wear roadkill on our heads. Golden Eager > Badger any day of the week, so for those of you bitter about not returning to warriors ... life could be worse, we are not roadkill!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
If only the Bears can knock the Packers out of the playoffs, Schadenfreude Weekend will be complete.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Stanford did their thing, now Oregon bring home the national title for the Pac Ten!!

GGGG

• All American
Stanford was a very traditional looking football team.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Stanford was a very traditional looking football team.

Winners. 

wadesworld

• All American
I really don't understand how this is anything but an embarrassing loss for the Badgers.  First off you look at how the Big Ten has performed during this bowl season (and typically performs during bowl seasons).  0-4 on the day going into the Rose Bowl, with most of them being blowouts?  People say the Big East shouldn't get an automatic BCS bid.  Well, with TCU coming to the Big East, and the Big Ten getting embarrassed, maybe the Big Ten should be the one without the automatic BCS bid.

Wisconsin fans thought they had the top team outside of the National Championship because the won the almighty Big Ten Conference.  Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Arkansas (although maybe OSU gives the Big Ten a TINY shimmer of credibility tonight, but I doubt it), and Mississippi State all would have won the Big Ten.  That is FIVE teams from ONE conference that would be the best team in the Big Ten, and I had Badger fans telling me that the Big Ten was, at worst, on par with the SEC.  Hilarious.

Then all the BCS conferences don't want smaller conferences to get BCS bids, and Wisconsin, the Big Ten champion, loses to the MOUNTAIN WEST champion.  That's right, the Mountain West's best team is better than the Big Ten.  And my guess is that not only would the first place, but also the second place, teams from the WAC (Nevada, Boise State) would also be better than the Big Ten.

And then you look at the actual matchup between Wisconsin and TCU.  Everyone says TCU hasn't played anybody with their best wins being against a completely overrated Utah team and a .500 Oregon State team, and Wisconsin stomped through the Big Ten.  (I also don't get how people can say that Wisconsin is the hottest team in the country despite the fact that Oregon, Alabama, and TCU were all undefeated...can you be any hotter than going 12-0 through the regular season?)

I heard a stat that Wisconsin's offensive lined averaged 70 pounds more per person than TCU's, and their defensive line averaged 60 pounds more than TCU's.  That could be wrong, but the point is that Wisconsin was a TON bigger than TCU.  Bielema and Wisconsin got completely outcoached.  Any time they ran it between the tackles they picked up 8 yards.  Any time the ran it outside they got stuffed.  Why, when you have such a size advantage and TCU has such a speed advantage, would you continually run it out wide?  And why would you line up in SHOTGUN on a 2 point conversion?  You have such a huge size advantage and you are going to not only not run the ball, but you aren't even going to run a play action fake?  Wow.  Throughout the 2nd half Wisconsin kept passing and kept getting burned on blitzes.  They finally went to the run on their last scoring drive and couldn't be stopped.  If they run the ball throughout the entire second half, between the tackles, there's no way TCU wins that game.

Also, what was with the coverage?  They were starting their cornerbacks 12 yards off of the line of scrimmage.  Dalton better be sending their defensive coordinator a thank you card for that.  They were able to just chip their way down field and take time off of the clock without any worry.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
wades...I'm a Wisconsin football fan who heard all of this crap from other Wisconsin fans, but they were just wrong.  TCU was a higher rated team that was favored by Vegas.  Just because Wisconsin fans were delusional about their team and/or ignorant about TCU, doesn't mean it was an embarrassing loss.

I mean, they lost to an undefeated #3 team in the country.  Nothing embarrassing about that.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
wades...I'm a Wisconsin football fan who heard all of this crap from other Wisconsin fans, but they were just wrong.  TCU was a higher rated team that was favored by Vegas.  Just because Wisconsin fans were delusional about their team and/or ignorant about TCU, doesn't mean it was an embarrassing loss.

I mean, they lost to an undefeated #3 team in the country.  Nothing embarrassing about that.

Not embarrassing in the sense they lost to the #3 team.  However, if I were a Badger fan I'd be screaming bloody murder why they didn't run the ball 80 times on Saturday.  I don't get it, but I'm not complaining.  Still chuckling in fact.

feedback