collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bruce, Bo, and the Homan funeral (the remix)  (Read 5418 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Bruce, Bo, and the Homan funeral (the remix)
« on: January 04, 2011, 02:23:17 PM »
Just wondering, people here really think Bo Ryan is a mean person?  I have heard nothing but good things about him as a person.

His comments about Bruce Pearl at the Holman funeral put him in the dick category.  There is a time and a place, and that wasn't the time or the place.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 02:27:56 PM »
His comments about Bruce Pearl at the Holman funeral put him in the dick category.  There is a time and a place, and that wasn't the time or the place.

???

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 02:37:41 PM »
???

I should have said Homan funeral, not Holman.  My apologies.

Bruce showed up at the funeral in a stretch limo, which was not the right thing to do and everyone knew it.  A number of people were astonished that Bruce would do this, but of course a number weren't as he rolls differently than most.  Many people were pissed.

Let's just say that Bo decided that instead of keeping it "in house", he was going to put it out there in the press.  Now, I admire Bo for knowing right from wrong and understanding that Bruce was a dink for doing this.  But rehashing it after the funeral the way he did, publicly, what's the point?

Ryan said that several people called to tell him that Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl had a stretch limousine waiting to pick him up after he attended the recent funeral for former UWM and UW-La Crosse basketball player Luke Homan. Pearl coached Homan when they were both at Milwaukee.

"That's how he was picked up at the funeral. You wouldn't believe the number of people who said, 'How in the heck could he have the audacity to make it a spectacle about himself?' " Ryan said incredulously.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 02:40:40 PM »
I should have said Homan funeral, not Holman.  My apologies.

Bruce showed up at the funeral in a stretch limo, which was not the right thing to do and everyone knew it.  A number of people were astonished that Bruce would do this, but of course a number weren't as he rolls differently than most.  Many people were pissed.

Let's just say that Bo decided that instead of keeping it "in house", he was going to put it out there in the press.  Now, I admire Bo for knowing right from wrong and understanding that Bruce was a dink for doing this.  But rehashing it after the funeral the way he did, publicly, what's the point?

Ryan said that several people called to tell him that Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl had a stretch limousine waiting to pick him up after he attended the recent funeral for former UWM and UW-La Crosse basketball player Luke Homan. Pearl coached Homan when they were both at Milwaukee.

"That's how he was picked up at the funeral. You wouldn't believe the number of people who said, 'How in the heck could he have the audacity to make it a spectacle about himself?' " Ryan said incredulously.

Uh, good for Bo.  I totally agree with him, and I am happy he spoke his mind about it.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 02:53:56 PM »

The point is to create some semblance of accountability for people like Bruce Pearl.  If this incident passed and no one spoke of it, isn't that the same as condoning it?  Bo - unlike 99% of us - has a public forum to voice his opinions and spoke up about something that he thought shouldn't be overlooked.

Granted, I'm sure that Bruce doesn't care what Bo said.  But at least Bruce will think twice about the ride to his next funeral - and I'm sure many others will as well.

Whether Bo realized he was making a point or not is not the point, the point is that he made a point.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 04:13:28 PM »
Whether Bo realized he was making a point or not is not the point, the point is that he made a point.

A "Buzzism" from Benny B!?!?

haha!
The "average fan" is an idiot.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 04:16:42 PM »
The point is to create some semblance of accountability for people like Bruce Pearl.  If this incident passed and no one spoke of it, isn't that the same as condoning it?  Bo - unlike 99% of us - has a public forum to voice his opinions and spoke up about something that he thought shouldn't be overlooked.

Granted, I'm sure that Bruce doesn't care what Bo said.  But at least Bruce will think twice about the ride to his next funeral - and I'm sure many others will as well.

Many people spoke of it directly to him.  Bringing it up in the press to further show him up wasn't necessary (ironic, because most of what Bruce does I find despicable, but in this case using the kid's funeral and Bruce's limo ride for Bo to show how wonderful he is and how putrid Bruce is....not the time or place)

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 04:17:22 PM »

What is the problem with this? He's 100 percent correct.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 04:18:21 PM »
The problem is that calling someone out in the press is classless regardless if you believe it to be right or not. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 04:33:13 PM »
The problem is that calling someone out in the press is classless regardless if you believe it to be right or not. 

I think Bo's comments have all the irony one needs for a lifetime.

"'How in the heck could he have the audacity to make it a spectacle about himself?" Ryan said incredulously.

PRN, Bo is right, but in his efforts to show how right he was, he made what was a spectacle about Bruce Pearl become a spectacle about Bo Ryan.  Bo made the comments 3 weeks after the funeral and not because some reporter asked him about it.  It was so Bo could rip Bruce using the funeral as a backdrop.  Right or not, that wasn't the time or place IMO.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 05:02:05 PM »
I want to make a true statement about Bruce Pearl about the Luke Homen funeral.  Yes, he came in a limo because the
small bus he rented was put on the IR, so he got a limo to bring all the people from the airport to the funeral.  What was
Bruce to do? Get three or four taxi's, I would have done the same thing.  Secondly, Bruce and his people did not have to
even come, but they did, to honor Luke and give condolences to the Homen family.  Lets get over this!

National Champs

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 05:10:09 PM »
Some really good discussion about Tokoto in here.
We Are Elite

NersEllenson

• All American
Re: JPT
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 05:19:07 PM »

Is this anymore douchy or cheesy than showing up in a stretch Hummer limo at Iman Shumpert's house??  Most wouldn't see this as being the right thing to do, as the type of transportation a coach arrives in during an in-home - shouldn't hold any influence over a high school kid and his family.  Clearly, it didn't influence Shumpert to attend MU, and probably turned him and his family off more than anything.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Bruce, Bo, and the Homan funeral (the remix)
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 05:19:33 PM »
Some really good discussion about Tokoto in here.

There - that problem is fixed :)

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 06:48:53 PM »
I think Bo's comments have all the irony one needs for a lifetime.

"'How in the heck could he have the audacity to make it a spectacle about himself?" Ryan said incredulously.

PRN, Bo is right, but in his efforts to show how right he was, he made what was a spectacle about Bruce Pearl become a spectacle about Bo Ryan.  Bo made the comments 3 weeks after the funeral and not because some reporter asked him about it.  It was so Bo could rip Bruce using the funeral as a backdrop.  Right or not, that wasn't the time or place IMO.

If Bo was asked a question, he shouldn't respond honestly?

phuck that.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 07:18:54 PM »
I want to make a true statement about Bruce Pearl about the Luke Homen funeral.  Yes, he came in a limo because the
small bus he rented was put on the IR, so he got a limo to bring all the people from the airport to the funeral.  What was
Bruce to do? Get three or four taxi's, I would have done the same thing.  Secondly, Bruce and his people did not have to
even come, but they did, to honor Luke and give condolences to the Homen family.  Lets get over this!

I actually assumed this was the case but had no way to prove it.  If that's the case, it makes Bo not only classless by wrong.

And I don't dislike Bo in any way.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 07:24:24 PM »
If Bo was asked a question, he shouldn't respond honestly?

phuck that.

He absolutely should respond honestly...that's the problem, he wasn't asked the question, it was volunteered by Bo. That's the crux of the whole issue.

It was a "oh by the way, did you see what Bruce did".  That's what made it a dick move.  There are enough issues surrounding Bruce that I don't care for at all, but Bo bringing this one up was lame, especially when it was not even part of a question from a reporter.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 07:25:05 PM »

Agreed, and that's what makes Bo a dick on this one.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 06:51:02 AM »
Is this anymore douchy or cheesy than showing up in a stretch Hummer limo at Iman Shumpert's house??  Most wouldn't see this as being the right thing to do, as the type of transportation a coach arrives in during an in-home - shouldn't hold any influence over a high school kid and his family.  Clearly, it didn't influence Shumpert to attend MU, and probably turned him and his family off more than anything.

You forgot to mention that the limo showed up just past midnight...likely waking up his family and neighbors. If I was the father, I'd have told Crean to turn the f*ck around and come back and a reasonable hour.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 11:20:25 AM »
You forgot to mention that the limo showed up just past midnight...likely waking up his family and neighbors. If I was the father, I'd have told Crean to turn the f*ck around and come back and a reasonable hour.

He should have shown up in a gorilla suit instead at midnight, that would have sealed the deal.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 12:28:52 PM »

He should have shown up in a gorilla suit instead at midnight, that would have sealed the deal.

I4 and Bill Cords.   ;D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 06:56:47 PM by ZiggysF*ckinFryBoy »