[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:22:34 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 03, 2024, 01:20:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Is it bad when you're 100% sure Dayton has a better coach then we do?

Yes
17 (40.5%)
No
8 (19%)
We conducted a nationwide search
17 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Is it bad when you're 100% sure Dayton has a better coach than we do?  (Read 6968 times)

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
Re: Is it bad when you're 100% sure Dayton has a better coach than we do?
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 12:02:11 AM »
I'm in.  I was sitting courtside for the game and we just flat out didn't play well.  It happens.  We missed a bunch of 0-5 footers that most nights we'll make, we missed a ton of free throws outside of Wes which we won't make all of but we'll make more of, and we gave up a TON of offensive rebounds.  The last thing scares me a bit, but Fulce and Otule will definitely help the cause.  We were 1 shot away from the Sweet 16 last year and have basically the same team back, just a year older.  We'll be right there at the end of the season.  This will wake the team up, especially defensively/rebounding.

By the way, we just played 2 games in 2 days 2 men short and we play at an extremely high paced.  It's early in the season.  It's not out of the question that they just weren't well enough conditioned right now.  Again, by the end of the season, we'll be there.

Just a couple things I hope to see changed...I hope Buzz never goes with a 5 guard lineup again, they ate us alive and didn't even have any typical big men either.  Acker is just too small to play.  Cubillan should play more, love his defense and can stroke it, but never gets the chance.  Lazar also needs to have more offensive sets run for him.  I'd like to see Butler play more and be more aggressive, he seems like he'd be good but I can't tell because he's never in there.  Why does James wait until the game is out of reach to start penetrating?  He got to the hoop at will after we were down 16.  My rant's over, we'll be fine.

Barro is no great player but at least he was a competent 5 that could contribute.  From the sound of it (didn't watch), we are missing that alot.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2008, 12:14:16 AM »
Barro is no great player but at least he was a competent 5 that could contribute.  From the sound of it (didn't watch), we are missing that alot.
I would agree with this, but I think once Fulce and Otule are healthy, those two and Butler, if he gets comfortable with the team, will make up for what we lost in Barro.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2008, 12:14:46 AM »
The lack of a big wasn't a huge factor IMO, the inability to stop their dribble penetration was the most troubling, and probably contributed most to the loss. UD made a lot happen off the bounce.

warriors_mu

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2008, 02:16:40 AM »
The lack of a big wasn't a huge factor IMO, the inability to stop their dribble penetration was the most troubling, and probably contributed most to the loss. UD made a lot happen off the bounce.

It's alot easier to stop dribble penetration when you have a big shot blocker in the middle.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2008, 03:52:44 AM »
Ugh...cannot wait for Fulce and Otule to be back.

Just think of the second team MU will throw out on the floor at this stage of the season:

Acker
Cubillan
Butler
Hazel
Frozena!!!

HOLY CRAP! No wonder we can get very little production from our bench!
SS Marquette

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2008, 06:54:59 AM »
But if you need a pass to someone wide open on the wing...closest to if not on the bench, at least Frozena will find them, HAHAHA  ;D

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2008, 07:01:38 AM »
I told you Friday night Robmufan if you didn't go to the game Saturday and they lost it was on you.

It's on you!

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2008, 08:53:30 AM »
Why are there posts involving Tyshawn Taylor right now on this board?  Would he have helped in any way last night!?  We recruited him, he didn't come here, just forget it already.  Why don't we run a thread of how badly we missed out on Alando Tucker!

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2008, 08:57:34 AM »
I told you Friday night Robmufan if you didn't go to the game Saturday and they lost it was on you.

It's on you!

if i can end my cubs losing streak, im sure I can end this one!

Marquette65

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2008, 04:00:18 PM »
So there is no way in hell that Buzz would sit one of the big 3 for TT even for the good of the team.  Does that mean playing time is not earned but based on seniority?  Coach K has put the " great" Paulus on the bench for Nolan Smith because Smith is better for the team.  Guess coach K didn't get the message that seniority determines playing time.

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2008, 04:15:56 PM »
I agree about Cubillan. He needs to be playing more so he finds his stroke. We need that pure shooter to rely on.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2008, 07:50:54 PM »
It's alot easier to stop dribble penetration when you have a big shot blocker in the middle.
Having a shot blocker has NO IMPACT on an individual's ability to keep his man in front of him defensively. Yes, it's nice to have that cover, but these guys are quick and athletic enough to play better on ball defense.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2008, 09:34:10 PM »
Which of the three seniors would TT be starting over? No coach would ever bench any of the three guys who have done as much as these guys have. Call it seniority or whatever. Rank has its privileges, and the seniors would have started. Period.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2008, 08:05:39 AM »
By the way, we just played 2 games in 2 days 2 men short and we play at an extremely high paced.  It's early in the season.  It's not out of the question that they just weren't well enough conditioned right now.  Again, by the end of the season, we'll be there.

This.

We actually had 3 games in 5 days.  Pretty tough to run as much as we do at 100%.  Add in the fact that we may have been cocky.  I think the jump shots start hitting the front of the rim because their legs were tired.

Buzz and the team needs to learn to fight through it and gut out the win, obviously this is a reminder that as good as we are (or think we are), we still have to play the games.

Marquette65

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2008, 08:08:17 PM »
ecompt---TT would, by the middle of the BE schedule, replace DJ as a starter or be playing starter min.

feedback