Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: As bad as this is...  (Read 23633 times)

NersEllenson

• All American
Re: As bad as this is...
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2012, 10:09:43 PM »
Would be an interesting poll topic for the board:  Is Hoopaloop Chicos?  Yes, No or Who Cares being the 3 options. 
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2012, 11:24:11 PM »
I put him/them on "Ignore" a while back.  Try it, you'll like it.
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

redforeskin

• Walk-On
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2012, 03:06:20 PM »
Chicos, congrats on your soon to be 800th post since banishment.  You'll be back to 11,839 in no time.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2012, 07:32:01 PM »
We were at their house for several hours then on to the Disney parks.  

Several hours, beers included and THEN to Disney? Hmmmm. Was this a breakfast meeting? Seems odd!

Speaking of which, your story about asking me to meet for a beer is a complete fabrication. It never happened. Maybe if you plan to take your kids to Great America some day, you can stop for a few hours and a few beers first. Bring your wife, too.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2012, 12:18:14 AM »
Several hours, beers included and THEN to Disney? Hmmmm. Was this a breakfast meeting? Seems odd!

Seems odd? Smells like BS to me
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 04:34:18 AM by warthog-driver »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2012, 05:56:59 AM »

Speaking of which, your story about asking me to meet for a beer is a complete fabrication. It never happened. Maybe if you plan to take your kids to Great America some day, you can stop for a few hours and a few beers first. Bring your wife, too.

Can't drink all day if you don't start early 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2012, 08:45:46 AM »
Seriously, this whole "did they/didn't they meet" crap is ridiculous. What is this, the 1980s? People who meet on the Internet meet in real life all the time. 30% of relationships start online, so why should friendships be different? I have met people from this website for halftime beers at Marquette games...is that weird too?

And if they were in California, presumably Hoop was on vacation. So am I to assume no one here has ever had a beer before noon while on vacation? I swear, people on this website sometimes seem more obsessed with the personal lives of Hoopaloop and Chicos than they are Marquette basketball.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2012, 11:30:49 AM »

No, it was around lunch to mid afternoon.  He hooked us up with hopper passes that allows us to jump back and forth between Disneyland and California Adventure theme parks.  He provided passes for three days.  We met with them, had a good time and stayed an extra hour or so.  Went to the hotel, then spent about 5 or 6 hours at Disneyland.  Next day returned all day at both parks.  The day after that we spent about a half day.  We were tired.

Are there any other questions?  Would Warthog like to make another BS challenge, you two seem in tandem.

To start with, I've been to Great America more times than I care to remember.  Going back to the days when it was Marriott's Great America in the late 1970's.  The old Sky Whirl ride, which is now gone.  The Demon (which had another name back then which escapes me).

I do not recall if it was you that I asked for a beer with, but I certainly said I was happy to meet with you and others but on the condition that I get to bring my camera so you guys can do a huge apology to everyone.  If you weren't one of the ones I offered the beer to, then I am wrong and I apologize.  Maybe it was a different Scooper.

Here's what I ultimately don't get with you and Warthog, Dimes and others that are somehow stunned by the idea that people can meet.  We're all Marquette fans.  We do things for Marquette fans.  On a whim, I asked if he knew good places to stay in Anahaim for Disney and what tickets would cost.  He said don't buy anything, let me see what I can do.  Later he donated some sports autographed merchandise for an auction.  I know he donated stuff for that poor young kid with Cancer here.  Has he ever met that kid with cancer?  He's had other people here at Scoop go to his house, had he met any of them prior?  We're all MU fans.  Weren't you the one that sent him patches or stickers or something of Willie Wampum?  Have you ever met Chicos, yet you sent them to him anyway?  I think it was you, because he has a really cool display of MU stuff at his home and pointed out a bunch of things he has received from various posters over the years.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2012, 11:32:23 AM »
And if they were in California, presumably Hoop was on vacation. So am I to assume no one here has ever had a beer before noon while on vacation? I swear, people on this website sometimes seem more obsessed with the personal lives of Hoopaloop and Chicos than they are Marquette basketball.

Highly unlikely any wife on vacation agrees to such a stupid meet. At least none of the women I know/

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2012, 11:42:13 AM »
Highly unlikely any wife on vacation agrees to such a stupid meet. At least none of the women I know/

For free stuff?  Certainly they would.  Women are frugal at their core.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2012, 11:49:24 AM »
For free stuff?  Certainly they would.  Women are frugal at their core.

The Puerto Rican put it best:

Hoopaloop: "Honey? When we get to California, would you mind if you, me and the kids spend a few hours with a guy I never met, but have conversed with online?"   No self respecting woman sits in a strangers backyard and watches her husband shoot the sh1t on MU basketball for 10 minutes, much less a couple hours. Hell, my wife was a Marquette cheerleader and she would sh1tcan this idea in a NY second.

The point is that Hoop and The Bail Bondsman are one and the same. All of this is mental masturbation on Chicos part.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2012, 12:01:43 PM »
This thread has made me realize there is a glaring need for "missed connections" or "let's meet up" section for MUScoop. Move over eHarmony, MUScoop is the new place to meet bros to talk about mubb and maybe have a beer while doing so! (scandalous!)
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2012, 02:45:39 PM »
This thread has made me realize there is a glaring need for "missed connections" or "let's meet up" section for MUScoop. Move over eHarmony, MUScoop is the new place to meet bros to talk about mubb and maybe have a beer while doing so! (scandalous!)

a beer or a Madison handshake.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2012, 02:55:22 PM »

Only if JayBee approves everyone beforehand based on attractiveness.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2012, 04:53:52 PM »
It is beyond comical that Hoop continues to deny the truth. Warthog description of how he sold the LA meet and greet to his wife is priceless. If I asked my old lady to meet someone off the Scoop it would be three minutes of laughter followed by "are you fxxkin nuts?" I love Hoop has been outed by everyone and still clings to the fact he is not Chico's.

Do liked the missed connection idea for the Scoop. This actually has been the best collection of work by warthog and PRN on the site in long time. Give Hoop credit for never backing down, sounds like another guy that posted 11000 times on here. If by a miracle it is two different people the odds of them hooking up on here and in LA is off the charts.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2012, 05:18:40 PM »
Chicos, congrats on your soon to be 800th post since banishment.  You'll be back to 11,839 in no time.

Congratulations Redforeskin on your first ever post here.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2012, 05:22:59 PM »
The Puerto Rican put it best:

Hoopaloop: "Honey? When we get to California, would you mind if you, me and the kids spend a few hours with a guy I never met, but have conversed with online?"   No self respecting woman sits in a strangers backyard and watches her husband shoot the sh1t on MU basketball for 10 minutes, much less a couple hours. Hell, my wife was a Marquette cheerleader and she would sh1tcan this idea in a NY second.

The point is that Hoop and The Bail Bondsman are one and the same. All of this is mental masturbation on Chicos part.

I don't put people on ignore, but when you start calling out my wife, who is a wonderful woman, I have some problems with that.  I'm sure you've never been roped into going somewhere with your wife to meet people you didn't know.  I have.  In this particular case, the reverse happened.  He hooked us up, my wife had no issues meeting new people.  He was very generous.  Made the Christmas card list.

I welcome all ideas and all inputs from people, but calling out someone's wife when you have never met her is wrong.  I expect more from our American servicemen.

IGNORE

Goose

• All American
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2012, 05:23:11 PM »
Nicely done Hoop!

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2012, 05:25:33 PM »
Congratulations Redforeskin on your first ever post here.

C'mon Bail Bondsman. Admit the truth. You will feel better. Much better. Only the truth can set you free.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2012, 06:16:42 PM »
I swear, people on this website sometimes seem more obsessed with the personal lives of Hoopaloop and Chicos than they are Marquette basketball.

Sorry Brew, nobody here is obsessed with Chicos or Hoop's personal life, but when you talk about your personal life regularly on a message board and include some downright odd stories about yourself in the accounts, you're gonna catch some shyte over it.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2012, 06:26:29 PM »
Seriously, this whole "did they/didn't they meet" crap is ridiculous. What is this, the 1980s? People who meet on the Internet meet in real life all the time. 30% of relationships start online, so why should friendships be different? I have met people from this website for halftime beers at Marquette games...is that weird too?

Brew, what is ridiculous is Chicos creating this whole alter ego and inventing mythology of how Hoop knows Chicos. It is beyond weird, actually. His account of the Backyard Summit is rubbish. I really don't think any of us care about Jamie's personal life. We are really responding to the fictitious relationship he threw out for our consumption.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2012, 06:26:51 PM »
Lenny
I disagree I am very interested in Hoop and Chico's personal life. Not often do you hear about such a perfect relationship formed in a basketball forum. I wish I hadn't pissed everyone off over the Buzz issue because I have a bottle of red waiting to be opened. Just wish I could get a fellow poster to join me and discuss the woes of the world with me. I would even add State Fair tickets...sorry closet amusement venue to my location.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2012, 06:29:43 PM »
FYI I saw that Hoop and Chico's are exchanging Christmas cards and think that is great. Just want to let anyone that wants my address for their list that Mrs. Goose stopped sending cards a few years ago so don't get your feelings hurt. Do you think Hoop and Chico's exchange Sweetest Day cards as well?

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2012, 06:32:09 PM »
FYI I saw that Hoop and Chico's are exchanging Christmas cards and think that is great.

I noted that and thought it was a very nice touch. I can only hope they make it Hallmark...when you care enough to send the very best.

The Backyard Summit must have been one helluva time!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2012, 06:34:11 PM »
The Backyard Summit had to include a tanning booth for the adults and Tommy balloons for the kids. To be a fly on the wall hearing two grown men blowing TC over beers and war stories.

feedback