Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Tuesday's Targets  (Read 19116 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Tuesday's Targets
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2012, 09:10:38 AM »
You guys are being unfair to goose. He may leap to conclusions but he is right that there in tension between the admin and buzz. Not sure how seriously he really did look at smu or how much ball squeezing is going on but the tension is there.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2012, 09:20:20 AM »
You guys are being unfair to goose. He may leap to conclusions but he is right that there in tension between the admin and buzz. Not sure how seriously he really did look at smu or how much ball squeezing is going on but the tension is there.

Unfair? He's trying to make legitimate tension between an existing employee and a new superior into some sort of war in The Al, which isn't true. He needs to be called out on it.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2012, 10:08:43 AM »
...Are we seriously starting another massively long thread about speculation that Buzz will leave next year? For one I dont think Buzz will be very impressive next year and the interest in him will fizzle for a year, secondly I think this just needs to stop because its pretty idiotic at this point.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2012, 10:14:39 AM »
...Are we seriously starting another massively long thread about speculation that Buzz will leave next year? For one I dont think Buzz will be very impressive next year and the interest in him will fizzle for a year, secondly I think this just needs to stop because its pretty idiotic at this point.

Buzz's stock nationally won't change even with a relatively down year. However, a down year that could help LW justify letting him bolt! It's all part of a conspiracy.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2012, 10:17:25 AM »
Buzz's stock nationally won't change even with a relatively down year. However, a down year that could help LW justify letting him bolt! It's all part of a conspiracy.

I see what you did there
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

Goose

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2012, 10:23:57 AM »
Hey Guys,
My last post on the Buzz stuff, I promise. Sorry if I offended anyone and sincerely mean that. I let my emotions control the keypad and sorry if it pissed anyone off. Do want to add that my comments were based off legit conversations I had with a wide range of people, some not credible and some very credible. Hope this ends the way we ALL want it to.

Goose

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2012, 10:25:27 AM »
Hey Guys,
My last post on the Buzz stuff, I promise. Sorry if I offended anyone and sincerely mean that. I let my emotions control the keypad and sorry if it pissed anyone off. Do want to add that my comments were based off legit conversations I had with a wide range of people, some not credible and some very credible. Hope this ends the way we ALL want it to.

Goose

It's a message board.  You have no reason to apologize unless you're personally attacking people.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2012, 10:26:39 AM »
LOL...think this idiot was the target and obviously I hit a nerve with many here. Do not think I attacked anyone, but time to move on.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2012, 11:24:48 AM »
Hey Guys,

Goose

Never have to apologize. I said it before, you're not wrong, but your information is blown entirely out of proportion.

I'm moving on as well, agree to disagree.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2012, 11:25:18 AM »
Hey Guys,
My last post on the Buzz stuff, I promise. Goose

LOL...think this idiot was the target and obviously I hit a nerve with many here. Do not think I attacked anyone, but time to move on.

now that's funny!

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2012, 12:33:36 PM »
Freeport Warrior stated speculated without providing any proof, in another thread that Marquette actively reached out to some targets on Tuesday when it looked like we were going to lose Buzz. Buzz released a public statement saying he's our basketball coach.  Anyone care to speculate on which coaches were contacted continue to smack a gigantic radioactive hornets' nest for fun?

FIXED.

Oh, and here's my list of who they reached out to:  Phil Jackson, Red Auerbach's ghost, Bill Cowher, Joe Torre, and George HW Bush.  I know, because a Marquette donor/insider who may or may not exist totally told me. 

Yesterday, it was Buzz' demeanor on his show that provided the double down on the stupid.  Guess this is the base for the triple down. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2012, 12:54:51 PM »
Lab logic: Buzz didn't leave means Buzz (and Pilarz, L Williams and the BOT) are and have been at all times perfectly happy. Nothing to see here. He never considered leaving because Andy Katz (who had Crean taking a job at Illinois he was never even considered for) didn't report on it. Nice.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2012, 01:31:56 PM »
Well, where is the evidence?  Tangible evidence?   I don't have any evidence that they were perfectly happy, and never said as much.  I just have said that based on what I can observe, it sure looks like a huge tornado of nothing just happened.     

Maybe Buzz and "Double Secret Agent Bent on Destroying MU Basketball" Larry aren't happy, but how the hell do you know?    You choose to believe a message board & bigmouth alumni donor sewing circles full of gossip.  I'm just  taking stock of the actual events that occurred.  At this point, it's pretty much trench warfare around this issue.  Unless you produce a written statement, video, etc., of Buzz saying he isn't happy, and doesn't like Larry Williams, I won't believe you.  THE. END. 

And if Buzz is anything the person he claims to be, he should have said something.  He didn't.  IF he truly was unhappy, and leaked a bunch of info to folks like IWB, and other clucking alumni, then he's an immature coward.  Count me as a person who MOST DEFINITELY DOES NOT THINK THAT.   

Oh, and Andy Katz is a laughable, grade A hack; I don't believe a word of what he says, either.  I do think the fact that even he, of all people, couldn't be bothered to cobble together his usual crap on a stick conjecture about coaching jobs, is noteable, however. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2012, 01:51:52 PM »
Unless you produce a written statement, video, etc., of Buzz saying he isn't happy, and doesn't like Larry Williams, I won't believe you.  THE. END.

You forgot to add a "neener neener" here.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2012, 01:56:30 PM »
I'm not torching any DIRECT sources, so if you think I "speculated," so be it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2012, 02:26:07 PM »
Lab, I'm totally ok with whatever you believe based on your reading of the facts or lack thereof. There won't be any DNA or physical evidence. I just think there's way too much smoke from way too many friends of the program to not think there was (is?) a little fire. A lot of that smoke has been repeated to me, but I'm not telling you to believe my source. I'm just saying that I do. I never said Buzz was gone and I'm ecstatic he isn't - but that doesn't mean that there weren't (aren't?) serious disagreements/problems.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:31:44 PM by Lennys Tap »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2012, 02:29:42 PM »
Here, let me save everyone about 100 pages...

Blah blah blah

Haiku

Blah blah blah

Lady bits

Blah blah blah

Carp is extremely tasty

Blah blah blah

Superbar.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2012, 02:33:57 PM »
Lab to me seems jealous he doesn't know anything and simply uses inflamatory to cover that up. Seriously if you expect that level of proof on a message board how can you ever gain any insight on anything?  Like recruiting speculation?  The same guy (iwb) who alluded to both the taylor and burton commits just before they came out also alluded to buzz and his change of relationships and the fact he was looking at smu. If you need more proof you are going to be dissatisfied often.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2012, 02:44:08 PM »
Here, let me save everyone about 100 pages...

Blah blah blah

Haiku

Blah blah blah

Lady bits

Blah blah blah

Carp is extremely tasty

Blah blah blah

Superbar.

Spolier Alert!

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2012, 02:58:21 PM »

I'd say buckle the f'up this is going to get fun, but we just went through an 100+ pages of this.

Buckle the f up
this is going to be fun,
hundred Deane pages.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

seinfeld

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2012, 03:24:09 PM »

I'd say buckle the f'up this is going to get fun, but we just went through an 100+ pages of this.

Buckle the f up
this is going to be fun,
hundred Deane pages.

belly up to the bar

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2012, 03:42:55 PM »
Lab to me seems jealous he doesn't know anything and simply uses inflamatory to cover that up. 

Ooooh; yeah, I am sooooooo jealous. 

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2012, 03:45:17 PM »
Ooooh; yeah, I am sooooooo jealous. 

So Lab's a woman too now?  We should really start adding this kind of information to the wiki.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2012, 03:47:05 PM »
So Lab's a woman too now?  We should really start adding this kind of information to the wiki.

I don't know, but his/her avatar creeps the hell out of me.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2012, 03:51:05 PM »
Never knew that Dean-O and Crean shared the same Milwaukee tie haberdasher until just now.