[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Kenosha  (Read 75068 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Kenosha
« Reply #825 on: November 09, 2020, 11:05:30 AM »
In the long run, self-insuring is probably cheaper than getting liability insurance.  As MUBurrow points out, you are just paying a third party to move money around.

What would be the most cost-effective is to not get into situations where the Police act inappropriately because someone parks wrong at a Walgreeens.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #826 on: November 09, 2020, 11:20:54 AM »
As a citizen of Milwaukee, it is INFURIATING

The 20 cities with the largest police departments have paid out over $2,000,000,000 in the last 5 years to settle police malpractice claims.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #827 on: November 10, 2020, 01:45:54 PM »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #828 on: November 10, 2020, 01:58:30 PM »
NY Times on the aftermath in Kenosha:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/09/business/small-business-insurance-unrest-kenosha.html

That journalist understands less about insurance than many of the people that were interviewed.  That read like a freshman year in high school article.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #829 on: November 10, 2020, 02:33:31 PM »
That journalist understands less about insurance than many of the people that were interviewed.  That read like a freshman year in high school article.

and yet their experiences with insurance are similar to some of my wife's clients' experiences who had businesses destroyed during rioting.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #830 on: January 05, 2021, 03:23:40 PM »
Unfortunately not surprised...sad sad day

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #831 on: January 05, 2021, 03:39:38 PM »
In the long run, self-insuring is probably cheaper than getting liability insurance.  As MUBurrow points out, you are just paying a third party to move money around.

What would be the most cost-effective is to not get into situations where the Police act inappropriately because someone parks wrong at a Walgreeens.

Self insure the small stuff, buy liability for the big stuff.
To make a long story short, if a loss moves the needle on your bottom line, buy coverage.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #832 on: January 05, 2021, 03:49:52 PM »
The more I've read of the encounter the less horrible it seems. The officer has a point that if you're struggling with a guy and he's trying to escape while the mother is screaming "he has my kids" I could understand why he shot Blake. That being said, 7 shots in the back is excessive and obviously there could have been better alternatives to the end result.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #833 on: January 05, 2021, 04:25:29 PM »
A reporter on WGN radio says the Kenosha prosecutor is doing a press conference at the Brat Stop? Did I hear that right?
Just seems like an odd location.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #834 on: January 05, 2021, 04:57:59 PM »
A reporter on WGN radio says the Kenosha prosecutor is doing a press conference at the Brat Stop? Did I hear that right?

It says the same thing in the Chicago Tribune article. It really does seem like a strange location.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-jacob-blake-kenosha-shooting-police-charges-decision-20210104-edxoyst26rbqvl44dyvuf5grvy-story.html

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #835 on: January 05, 2021, 04:58:51 PM »

You heard right.  He kept the location secret until 45 minutes before the presser to avoid protests. 
Ludum habemus.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #836 on: January 05, 2021, 05:25:56 PM »

The Four Seasons Landscaping was booked.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #837 on: January 05, 2021, 05:59:41 PM »

This made me laugh.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #838 on: January 05, 2021, 06:25:55 PM »
It says the same thing in the Chicago Tribune article. It really does seem like a strange location.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-jacob-blake-kenosha-shooting-police-charges-decision-20210104-edxoyst26rbqvl44dyvuf5grvy-story.html

I lived at the hotel next door for 3 months while working in the area (free beer every night was a nice benefit). It actually a sensible location. Right off of the expressway, away from downtown, large banquet facilities behind the restaurant.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #839 on: January 05, 2021, 08:54:21 PM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #840 on: January 05, 2021, 09:13:40 PM »

My entire family got Four Seasons Landscaping tshirts from me for Christmas. They could probably shut down their landscaping business and become millionaires just from their merchandise. Book some pressers at their office too.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #842 on: January 14, 2021, 08:49:37 AM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kyle-rittenhouse-out-bail-flashed-white-power-signs-bar-prosecutors-n1254250

Imagine being stupid enough to go to a bar in Racine County
Imagine being stupid enough to wear a shirt like that while out on bail
Imagine being stupid enough to flash a white power sign while doing both of these things

Imagine being stupid enough to defend this boy's behavior. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #844 on: January 14, 2021, 08:59:18 AM »
Imagine being stupid enough to go to a bar in Racine County
Imagine being stupid enough to wear a shirt like that while out on bail
Imagine being stupid enough to flash a white power sign while doing both of these things

Imagine being stupid enough to defend this boy's behavior.

Key phrase is "boy." He's just a dopey, high school dropout being used by powerful people who don't care the least about his long-term interests and will kick him to the curb as soon as he's no longer useful to them. And the one person who ought to be looking out for him, his mother, instead is using his infamy to enrich herself.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #845 on: January 14, 2021, 09:17:08 AM »
Key phrase is "boy." He's just a dopey, high school dropout being used by powerful people who don't care the least about his long-term interests and will kick him to the curb as soon as he's no longer useful to them. And the one person who ought to be looking out for him, his mother, instead is using his infamy to enrich herself.

Bingo. I almost feel bad for him. Almost.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #846 on: January 14, 2021, 09:25:42 AM »
When I was a PD in Juvenile Court, I had a teenager come to court sans any parents wearing a tshirt that resembled a Coca-Cola slogan but said Things Go Better with Cocaine. In 1980 or so, so stupidity is nothing new. He tried to tell me he had a First Amendment right to do so when I tried to metaphorically slap him upside the head.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #847 on: January 14, 2021, 10:09:10 AM »

He's an adult now, and made an adult decision when he pulled that trigger.  Sure, he's being used, and his mother is scum, but he also isn't a boy.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #848 on: January 14, 2021, 10:16:26 AM »
https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=1&ContentID=3051

Actually brains aren’t fully developed until the mid-20’s, especially the ability to think rationally.
The parents are clearly beyond the point of help though.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #849 on: January 14, 2021, 10:24:28 AM »
https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=1&ContentID=3051

Actually brains aren’t fully developed until the mid-20’s, especially the ability to think rationally.
The parents are clearly beyond the point of help though.

Right, but I think most of us figure out that it isn't okay to shoot people from a very young age.