[Today at 02:58:54 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Kenosha  (Read 75024 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Kenosha
« Reply #775 on: October 27, 2020, 08:45:21 AM »
I would expect the same if the guy was blue, black, green, or red. Race has nothing to do with following rules.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #776 on: October 27, 2020, 08:49:48 AM »
I would expect the same if the guy was blue, black, green, or red. Race has nothing to do with following rules.

Again, that's not the point.  Not everyone follows every rule 100% of the time.

The point is that it is the responsibility of the Police to proportionally respond.  Why people choose to nitpick a f*cking parking violation, one that wouldn't even be a police concern unless it is called in by the business in question anyway, versus a overreaction by paid representatives of the state, is beyond me.

You bitch and moan about Evers' overreach during the pandemic, but here is a concrete example of government overreach that you make excuses for. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #777 on: October 27, 2020, 08:51:39 AM »
Are y'all that dense? I said he was illegally parked sideways in a handicapped parking spot. Had he not done so, this incident would not have escalated into a tasing and subsequent arrest.
Actions have consequences, or are now tossin' dat chit out two as partisan politics, hey?

And they are telling you that the incident wouldn't have likely have escalated if he were white. These are but some of the many examples people are highlighting that on the whole, some things are very different if you are Black. But thanks for illustrating Kyle's point.

About that Sterling Brown? Police Chief Morales apologized to him. The Officers were suspended. Eight other officers had to undergo remedial professional communications training.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ct-spt-sterling-brown-sues-police-arrest-20180619-story.html

Hopefully others can focus more on the purpose of Kyle Korver's comments.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #778 on: October 27, 2020, 08:52:43 AM »
Are y'all that dense? I said he was illegally parked sideways in a handicapped parking spot. Had he not done so, this incident would not have escalated into a tasing and subsequent arrest.
Actions have consequences, or are now tossin' dat chit out two as partisan politics, hey?

The consequences to his actions are a parking ticket.  He was tased, handcuffed, and arrested.  I might be dumb, but you're an idiot if you really believe what you're saying.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 10:53:15 AM by BLM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #779 on: October 27, 2020, 08:54:50 AM »
Well, when we defund the police y'all will have nothin' ta bitch 'bout den, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #780 on: October 27, 2020, 08:56:12 AM »
Well, when we defund the police y'all will have nothin' ta bitch 'bout den, hey?

Perfect.  Such a scary world for you.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #781 on: October 27, 2020, 08:59:17 AM »
It all goes back to “fear the scary black people”, heh?  Every damn time.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #782 on: October 27, 2020, 09:01:19 AM »

I have never suggested they should be defunded.  I expect them to perform better.  So should you.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #783 on: October 27, 2020, 09:03:29 AM »

imagine-social workers?
don't...don't don't don't don't

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #784 on: October 27, 2020, 09:03:49 AM »

Massive police reform, will improve some things. There will always be some racists everywhere. There will always be some police and other professions where individuals and groups do not have strong communication skills. But massive police reform will help, yes.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #785 on: October 27, 2020, 09:05:18 AM »

Exactly.  Hilarious that 45's entire reelection campaign is to get all these "Patriots" that are "for America" to crap their pants.  And it couldn't work any better.  He puts out videos of what is happening in America today, TRUMP'S AMERICA, and claims that this country will be so dang scary that these crazy events will happen if Sleepy Joe is elected.  And they eat it up, without finding the irony that the videos are of TRUMP'S AMERICA!

Incredible.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #786 on: October 27, 2020, 09:08:53 AM »

So you live in Sweet Auburn or Collier Heights? Surely not Buckhead, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #787 on: October 27, 2020, 09:13:11 AM »
Illegal parking = worthy of tasing and arrest
Minor illegally toting assault rifle across state lines and murdering two people = hero

Hmmm, I'm trying to put my finger on what could be different about the two perpetrators to cause such reactions...
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #788 on: October 27, 2020, 10:26:46 AM »

I have never suggested they should be defunded.  I expect them to perform better.  So should you.

Even ~98 percent of the people who say "defund the police" aren't suggesting the fear-mongering scenario laid out by Scoop's favorite tooth drillers.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #789 on: October 27, 2020, 10:40:53 AM »
Even ~98 percent of the people who say "defund the police" aren't suggesting the fear-mongering scenario laid out by Scoop's favorite tooth drillers.
Whomever came up with the slogan "defund the police" should be fired. There has to be a better name for the police reform that is needed.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #790 on: October 27, 2020, 10:44:19 AM »

Next time you go 5 MPH over the speed limit (not following the rules), you can be fine with being pulled over and tased. I expect the police to do that to you whether you are blue, black, green, or red. Race has nothing to do with following rules.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #791 on: October 27, 2020, 10:49:51 AM »

Easy up there, Jamie.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #792 on: October 27, 2020, 11:22:36 AM »
Rules for paying taxes?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #793 on: October 27, 2020, 11:24:55 AM »
Rules for paying taxes?

Rules for fraudulently stealing millions of dollars from students?
Rules for fraudulently stealing money (donations) intended for treating cancer in kids?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #794 on: October 27, 2020, 11:28:56 AM »
Rules for taking campaign money and funneling it to personal accounts?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #795 on: October 27, 2020, 11:42:13 AM »

White fragility

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #796 on: October 27, 2020, 12:07:10 PM »
Whomever came up with the slogan "defund the police" should be fired. There has to be a better name for the police reform that is needed.

^^^^This.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #797 on: October 27, 2020, 12:08:40 PM »

It was somebody that understood how social media virality works, that's for sure.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #798 on: October 27, 2020, 12:18:23 PM »

agreed, however as things have gone on it's become obvious that faction of the "defund the police" crowd are about actual defending and abolition. So, while people say "when we say 'defund' we don't literally mean 'defund'" enough actually do.

Of course, this slogan is brought to you by the generation who has changed the definition of "literally." If all of the people in my Orange Theory classes who said they "literally died" from a workout and yet return the next day then we're on the verge of a zombie apocalypse.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #799 on: October 27, 2020, 12:38:48 PM »
agreed, however as things have gone on it's become obvious that faction of the "defund the police" crowd are about actual defending and abolition. So, while people say "when we say 'defund' we don't literally mean 'defund'" enough actually do.

Of course, this slogan is brought to you by the generation who has changed the definition of "literally." If all of the people in my Orange Theory classes who said they "literally died" from a workout and yet return the next day then we're on the verge of a zombie apocalypse.

Ahh.  Doesn't get an exaggeration and then gets annoyed because of it.