[Today at 02:58:54 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Kenosha  (Read 75025 times)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: Kenosha
« Reply #650 on: September 02, 2020, 01:31:31 PM »

The Myth of the Silent Majority
Americans have learned the wrong lessons about the political consequences of protest.

SEPTEMBER 2020 ISSUE
Daniel Q. Gillion
Political-science professor at the University of Pennsylvania

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/09/protest-works/614182/

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #651 on: September 02, 2020, 02:13:13 PM »
AP Fact Check ...

The guy who thinks "law and order" applies to everybody except him and his supporters lied repeatedly when talking about what happened in Kenosha ...

https://apnews.com/e5c0dd83a2c172c0aed75b0a91517a55
To be fair, he probably misspoke because he was distracted by all the dangerous bags of soup.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #652 on: September 02, 2020, 02:47:08 PM »
The Myth of the Silent Majority
Americans have learned the wrong lessons about the political consequences of protest.

SEPTEMBER 2020 ISSUE
Daniel Q. Gillion
Political-science professor at the University of Pennsylvania

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/09/protest-works/614182/

The only purpose of the Silent Majority was to get re-elected by lying. Kids were protesting in the streets because Nixon was lying every day about the war.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #653 on: September 02, 2020, 03:04:31 PM »
  "Encourage and demonstrate mask-wearing would go a long way for me personally"

absolutely!  and that should go for 3rd in line too, eyn'a?

https://knss.radio.com/articles/video-nancy-pelosi-without-mask-at-salon-appointment

Tal Kopan
@TalKopan
Pelosi addresses Monday's salon incident:
“I take responsibility for trusting the word of the neighborhood salon that I’ve been to...many times…It was a set up, and I take responsibility for falling for a setup.”
“I think that this salon owes me an apology, for setting me up”

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #654 on: September 02, 2020, 03:07:28 PM »

Tal Kopan
@TalKopan
“I take responsibility for trusting the word of the neighborhood salon that I’ve been to...many times…It was a set up, and I take responsibility for falling for a setup.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #655 on: September 02, 2020, 03:08:19 PM »

Tal Kopan
@TalKopan

Weak.

Doesn’t excuse President Pandemic for continuing to hold super-spreader rallies with no masks and no social distancing. He already killed poor Herman Cain, and that’s just one we know of.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #656 on: September 02, 2020, 03:46:20 PM »

Tal Kopan
@TalKopan

Yeesh. I feel like if both sides could say, “You know what, I screwed up,” once in awhile, we’d be in a better spot.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #657 on: September 02, 2020, 04:38:28 PM »
I have absolutely no problem saying Pelosi made a mistake.   She did.   Only 999,999 behind.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #658 on: September 02, 2020, 04:41:38 PM »

Tal Kopan
@TalKopan

I've seen some bad apologies before. This one belongs in in the hall of fame. Wow.

This of course does not excuse any other similar poor behavior.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #659 on: September 02, 2020, 05:29:08 PM »
Hard to believe, but this from the Rochester, NY Police Department in March is worse than what happened George Floyd. Cops kneel on unarmed and mentally distressed man until he's brain dead, then laugh over his body. He was handcuffed and naked when the cop kneels on him. He wasn't suspected of a crime and he never resisted arrest.

https://theappeal.org/daniel-prude-rochester-new-york-police-killing/
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 05:33:05 PM by Pakuni »

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #660 on: September 02, 2020, 05:42:00 PM »
I've seen some bad apologies before. This one belongs in in the hall of fame. Wow.

This of course does not excuse any other similar poor behavior.

yeah, that's cringeworthy and is probably already being used by Donald Trump, Jr. to fundraise.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #661 on: September 02, 2020, 05:56:59 PM »
Just thought I'd leave this here and beat Rocky to the punch.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #662 on: September 02, 2020, 06:23:34 PM »

Tal Kopan
@TalKopan

Pelosi clearly was set up for the takedown but this is the type of shamelessness that is commonplace in all of American society, not just the political sector. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #663 on: September 02, 2020, 06:51:43 PM »
Hard to believe, but this from the Rochester, NY Police Department in March is worse than what happened George Floyd. Cops kneel on unarmed and mentally distressed man until he's brain dead, then laugh over his body. He was handcuffed and naked when the cop kneels on him. He wasn't suspected of a crime and he never resisted arrest.

https://theappeal.org/daniel-prude-rochester-new-york-police-killing/

Wow ... that's an amazing story. Very sad.

The effen cops haven't even been suspended yet, if I read the article right.

I guess, for whatever reason, the timing wasn't right for this to have captured the nation's attention. Maybe it's because it was in a smaller town -- Rochester is not small, but it's not the Twin Cities. Maybe it was because the cops treated it as if it weren't a big deal. Who knows?

This was a cold-blooded murder, yet another Black man treated like garbage by the cops. And it started when the guy's brother actually called the cops for help. For help! Beyond effen sad.

But sure ... let's get into a debate about whether BLM are Marxists, because that's what really matters.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #664 on: September 02, 2020, 07:21:11 PM »
Pelosi clearly was set up for the takedown but this is the type of shamelessness that is commonplace in all of American society, not just the political sector.

true character-what people do when no one(they think) is looking...ahhhh, they all do it ism
don't...don't don't don't don't

• All American
« Reply #665 on: September 02, 2020, 07:40:15 PM »
  true character-what people do when no one(they think) is looking...ahhhh, they all do it ism

Really you’re no one to throw stones at THAT glass house.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #666 on: September 02, 2020, 07:47:19 PM »
Really you’re no one to throw stones at THAT glass house.

you just couldn't help yourself sully, i wasn't throwing stones...just saying dude

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #667 on: September 02, 2020, 07:47:49 PM »

agreed. Is it standard operating procedure for salons to distribute surveillance videos to news stations?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

• All American
« Reply #668 on: September 02, 2020, 07:59:34 PM »
  you just couldn't help yourself sully, i wasn't throwing stones...just saying dude

Lol. Right. Criticizing one you don’t support for something while repeatedly ignoring or excusing similar actions by one you do support is the epitome of throwing stones at glass houses. And hypocrisy.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #669 on: September 02, 2020, 08:11:00 PM »

People wonder why ordinary Americans don’t trust career politicians to “represent” them. Salon owners lose everything to COVID, Salon workers lose their jobs. Salon customers are locked out. Nancy gets a special mask free secret appointment. And when busted complains she was set up, she did nothing wrong. Is it possible to be more entitled and less self aware?

• All American
« Reply #670 on: September 02, 2020, 08:13:59 PM »
People wonder why ordinary Americans don’t trust career politicians to “represent” them. Salon owners lose everything to COVID, Salon workers lose their jobs. Salon customers are locked out. Nancy gets a special mask free secret appointment. And when busted complains she was set up, she did nothing wrong. Is it possible to be more entitled and less self aware?

Yep. Agree on all counts. Leaders should lead by example.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #671 on: September 02, 2020, 08:21:46 PM »
Lol. Right. Criticizing one you don’t support for something while repeatedly ignoring or excusing similar actions by one you do support is the epitome of throwing stones at glass houses. And hypocrisy.

LOL?  you're a weirdo man.  what the eff do you know about who and when i condemn for what and whenever?  because i don't use this place as my daily diary like you means chit about where i stand on everything.   

• All American
« Reply #672 on: September 02, 2020, 08:26:49 PM »
  LOL?  you're a weirdo man.  what the eff do you know about who and when i condemn for what and whenever?  because i don't use this place as my daily diary like you means chit about where i stand on everything.   

Bwahahahahha!!!

Sure.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #673 on: September 02, 2020, 08:27:12 PM »

But when you do use it, you only go after one side....

We might not be at beyond all reasonable doubt but I think we're beyond a preponderance of evidence here counselor
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #674 on: September 02, 2020, 08:40:30 PM »
But when you do use it, you only go after one side....

We might not be at beyond all reasonable doubt but I think we're beyond a preponderance of evidence here counselor

Don't forget when he wanted to fire his employee for wanting to shave her head for cancer support