[Today at 02:58:54 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Kenosha  (Read 75020 times)

shoothoops

• All American
Re: Kenosha
« Reply #625 on: September 02, 2020, 07:05:43 AM »
Feel free to put mask stuff in the mask thread. Everyone needs to wear a mask when around anyone outside of their own personal bubble. No exceptions.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #626 on: September 02, 2020, 07:31:58 AM »
Of course she should wear a mask.

And the comments about Pelosi's looks were juvenile and uncalled for.

C'mon man, you of all people, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #627 on: September 02, 2020, 07:53:55 AM »
She doesn't look bad for an 80 year old.

The fact that we have a bunch of 70 and 80 year olds running the country is a little concerning.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #628 on: September 02, 2020, 07:58:26 AM »
She shouldn't stand too close to the fireplace. Her face will melt and the chest silicone will likely bust a leak, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #629 on: September 02, 2020, 08:02:45 AM »
Saw this the other day:

ALME

Is this an acronym for All Lives Matter Equally? If so, anyone have an issue with the slogan?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #630 on: September 02, 2020, 08:10:24 AM »
Saw this the other day:

ALME

Is this an acronym for All Lives Matter Equally? If so, anyone have an issue with the slogan?

<sigh>

It's fine.

But why are we the only country on earth where the phrase Black Lives Matter has become a controversial statement?  It's like people are afraid of saying it or something.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #631 on: September 02, 2020, 08:10:52 AM »
She shouldn't stand too close to the fireplace. Her face will melt and the chest silicone will likely bust a leak, aina?

And Trump's fake hair would catch fire.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #632 on: September 02, 2020, 08:23:46 AM »
Saw this the other day:

ALME

Only if/when it's used - like "All Lives Matter" and "Blue Lives Matter" - as a bludgeon against Black Lives Matter.

And Fluffy, it's not that people are afraid to say Black Lives Matter. It's that they don't want to say it. So they come up with things like "All Lives Matter" instead. It allows them to convince themselves their motives for opposing BLM (the phrase, not organization) aren't racist.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 08:56:19 AM by Pakuni »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #633 on: September 02, 2020, 08:38:42 AM »
Saw this the other day:

ALME

I'm gonna need Talcum X chime in with his thoughts, hey.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #634 on: September 02, 2020, 08:45:38 AM »

<sigh>

It's fine.

But why are we the only country on earth where the phrase Black Lives Matter has become a controversial statement?  It's like people are afraid of saying it or something.

I think it's because people in this country are extremely self obsessed and triggered easily (even the side that claims it's only the left that's gets easily offended). For your average right wing white guy They here black lives matter and immediately jump to "what mine doesn't?!" And thus need to involve themselves in a slogan that has nothing to do with them.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #635 on: September 02, 2020, 08:56:15 AM »

<sigh>

It's fine.

Because if everybody says it, it might be true.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #636 on: September 02, 2020, 08:58:01 AM »
Saw this the other day:

ALME

When people say Black Lives Matter, they are in no way implying that all lives do not matter.  They are trying to call special attention to one segment of the population that is being treated unjustly.  Yes, all lives matter.  And they all matter equally.  Your life matters, my life matters, we all matter.  The statement, black lives matter, is trying to draw attention to that very point, because many seem to treat black lives, as though they don't matter.  Its like when I tell one of my kids I love them, it doesn't mean that I don't love my wife.  Every person on this Earth deserves to be treated with human dignity by each other, and by the governments and people in authority. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #637 on: September 02, 2020, 09:57:48 AM »
Saw this the other day:

ALME

Parable of the lost sheep. Luke 15:3-7

There is nothing wrong about focusing on the one lost (or disadvantaged/ill-treated), it does not take away from the other 99.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #638 on: September 02, 2020, 10:02:58 AM »
Saw this the other day:

ALME

It says quite a bit that you need approval of a slogan to let the message sink in.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #639 on: September 02, 2020, 10:06:51 AM »

C'mon man, you of all people, hey?

If you can find one post in which I made fun of a woman's looks, I will self-impose a 1-year Scoopcation.

I know you won't make the same deal ... because I'd only have to go back to yesterday this morning.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

HansMoleman

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #640 on: September 02, 2020, 10:54:31 AM »
Parable of the lost sheep. Luke 15:3-7

There is nothing wrong about focusing on the one lost (or disadvantaged/ill-treated), it does not take away from the other 99.
Out of context alert!  Luke 15:3-7 has nothing to do with focusing on the "disadvantaged/ill-treated".  The parable corresponds to lost sinners being found by Jesus, i.e. entering the kingdom of God.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #641 on: September 02, 2020, 11:08:06 AM »
Yes, it should.  She should not get a pass on her response to this pandemic at all.

Especially because I think salons are only allowed to be outdoor in California.

• All American
« Reply #642 on: September 02, 2020, 11:11:14 AM »
Out of context alert!  Luke 15:3-7 has nothing to do with focusing on the "disadvantaged/ill-treated".  The parable corresponds to lost sinners being found by Jesus, i.e. entering the kingdom of God.

The Parable of the Good Samaritan is a better example. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #643 on: September 02, 2020, 11:48:44 AM »
If you can find one post in which I made fun of a woman's looks, I will self-impose a 1-year Scoopcation.

You have scores of posts making fun of a man’s looks. How is that different?

#sexist

MU82

• All American
« Reply #644 on: September 02, 2020, 11:51:33 AM »
You have scores of posts making fun of a man’s looks. How is that different?

#sexist

I'm a gentleman, as are you.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #645 on: September 02, 2020, 11:58:54 AM »
When people say Black Lives Matter, they are in no way implying that all lives do not matter.  They are trying to call special attention to one segment of the population that is being treated unjustly.  Yes, all lives matter.  And they all matter equally.  Your life matters, my life matters, we all matter.  The statement, black lives matter, is trying to draw attention to that very point, because many seem to treat black lives, as though they don't matter.  Its like when I tell one of my kids I love them, it doesn't mean that I don't love my wife.  Every person on this Earth deserves to be treated with human dignity by each other, and by the governments and people in authority.

Well said, Buck.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #646 on: September 02, 2020, 12:22:47 PM »
Saw this the other day:

ALME

I have a problem with it

When tragedies befall specific cities and slogans like "Boston Strong" are generated, did anyone shout "all cities are strong"? No. Why do you think that is?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #647 on: September 02, 2020, 12:37:08 PM »
AP Fact Check ...

The guy who thinks "law and order" applies to everybody except him and his supporters lied repeatedly when talking about what happened in Kenosha ...

https://apnews.com/e5c0dd83a2c172c0aed75b0a91517a55

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #648 on: September 02, 2020, 12:40:45 PM »

I know you won't make the same deal ... because I'd only have to go back to yesterday this morning.

Why just women? All genders matta, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #649 on: September 02, 2020, 12:48:43 PM »

feedback