[Today at 02:58:54 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Kenosha  (Read 75024 times)

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
Re: Kenosha
« Reply #600 on: September 01, 2020, 01:50:02 PM »
So I should rename the thread to Trump vs Biden and lock it?
In 1998, 4 of us from Marquette went to Dairyland.  We were not only going to see the races, but also to see the WWF wrestler Kane (pretty popular at the time), who was going to sign autographs at the track from 7-9pm.  My friend was hoping he'd be able to get a picture of Kane pretending to choke slam him.

We got stoned, left late, and took a few wrong turns getting there, so we ended up arriving just in time to see the grappler--dressed in all red--get into a Lincoln Navigator and drive off.  No one got autographs nor pictures.

Anyway, Dairyland was in Kenosha.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #601 on: September 01, 2020, 01:50:29 PM »

Nah ... just report it to the mods.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #602 on: September 01, 2020, 01:58:45 PM »
In 1998, 4 of us from Marquette went to Dairyland.  We were not only going to see the races, but also to see the WWF wrestler Kane (pretty popular at the time), who was going to sign autographs at the track from 7-9pm.  My friend was hoping he'd be able to get a picture of Kane pretending to choke slam him.

We got stoned, left late, and took a few wrong turns getting there, so we ended up arriving just in time to see the grappler--dressed in all red--get into a Lincoln Navigator and drive off.  No one got autographs nor pictures.

Remember the brief time that greyhound racing was actually a thing in Wisconsin?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #603 on: September 01, 2020, 02:04:54 PM »

Do I have to turn this car around right now? I will, you know!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #604 on: September 01, 2020, 02:08:00 PM »

Relevant. I like it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #605 on: September 01, 2020, 02:17:05 PM »

Remember the brief time that greyhound racing was actually a thing in Wisconsin?

I remember MOST of one dollar beer night the one time I went.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #606 on: September 01, 2020, 02:21:07 PM »
The movie A League of Their Own tells the tale of the WW II era woman’s professional baseball league and their persistence gaining acceptance in a male-centric time. The story is told from the perspective of the Racine Peaches, their league-wide catching star (Geena Davis), her scrappy kid sister (Lori Petty) and their washed-up pro ball player-turned-manager (Tom Hanks).

While the Peaches eventually lose the 7th game of the woman’s World Series, the film captures the comradery, hard work, and perseverance of the women who played in the league.

Anyway, Racine is pretty close to Kenosha.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #607 on: September 01, 2020, 02:30:20 PM »

Was that the Kenosha Downs?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #608 on: September 01, 2020, 02:48:49 PM »
The movie A League of Their Own tells the tale of the WW II era woman’s professional baseball league and their persistence gaining acceptance in a male-centric time. The story is told from the perspective of the Racine Peaches, their league-wide catching star (Geena Davis), her scrappy kid sister (Lori Petty) and their washed-up pro ball player-turned-manager (Tom Hanks).

While the Peaches eventually lose the 7th game of the woman’s World Series, the film captures the comradery, hard work, and perseverance of the women who played in the league.

*Rockford Peaches

The kid sister did get traded to the Racine team who won the championship (with a young/good looking Tea Leoni making a cameo)

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #609 on: September 01, 2020, 04:02:26 PM »

I was finally going to get around to watching this movie but now that I know how it turns out I guess I can skip it.  Thanks

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #610 on: September 01, 2020, 04:06:46 PM »
*Rockford Peaches

The kid sister did get traded to the Racine team who won the championship (with a young/good looking Tea Leoni making a cameo)
Racine Belles! Damn, I totally screwed that up.

Besides, Rockford is the Kenosha of Illinois.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #611 on: September 01, 2020, 04:25:12 PM »
Racine Belles! Damn, I totally screwed that up.

Besides, Rockford is the Kenosha of Illinois.

No need to insult Kenosha.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #612 on: September 01, 2020, 04:48:39 PM »
Encourage and demonstrate mask-wearing would go a long way for me personally

Notice that the potus pointedly told the people at his roundtable in Kenosha to take off their masks "because the people want to see you". 

Modeling good behavior is an underappreciated aspect of past Presidents who are held in high regard.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #613 on: September 01, 2020, 05:05:01 PM »
Notice that the potus pointedly told the people at his roundtable in Kenosha to take off their masks "because the people want to see you". 

Modeling good behavior is an underappreciated aspect of past Presidents who are held in high regard.

He has been anti-mask from day 1.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #614 on: September 01, 2020, 05:10:26 PM »
I ran a State Senate campaign in Kenosha, living at the "Executive Inn" for over three months in beautiful Pleasant Prairie right off of 94 (behind The Brat Stop which was good for coming home late from the office). Hotel guests got one free drink per night at the bar so that was a plus. The Italian food down there resulted in weight gain that took at least 2x the time to take off. Tenuta's Muffalato sandwiches and Infusio's sausage were significant contributors to that weight gain.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #615 on: September 01, 2020, 07:08:58 PM »

His visit was what everyone should have expected. He refused to condemn violence by his “side,” painted Rittenhouse and cops as the true victims, took credit for stuff he didn’t do, refused to accept responsibility for anything, and lied a lot. Nothing more than one of his typical campaign stops.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #616 on: September 01, 2020, 07:22:47 PM »
His visit was what everyone should have expected. He refused to condemn violence by his “side,” painted Rittenhouse and cops as the true victims, took credit for stuff he didn’t do, refused to accept responsibility for anything, and lied a lot. Nothing more than one of his typical campaign stops.

Around all of the crazy, he got a couple of soundbites that, objectively, will play well in Wisconsin. Biden is going to have to go to SEW and GB/Fox Valley to earn his votes.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #617 on: September 01, 2020, 08:01:11 PM »
  "Encourage and demonstrate mask-wearing would go a long way for me personally"

absolutely!  and that should go for 3rd in line too, eyn'a?

https://knss.radio.com/articles/video-nancy-pelosi-without-mask-at-salon-appointment

don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #618 on: September 01, 2020, 08:06:27 PM »

https://knss.radio.com/articles/video-nancy-pelosi-without-mask-at-salon-appointment

Yes, it should.  She should not get a pass on her response to this pandemic at all.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #619 on: September 01, 2020, 08:07:40 PM »
Yes, it should.  She should not get a pass on her response to this pandemic at all.

Absolutely
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #620 on: September 01, 2020, 08:11:51 PM »

Anything to hide dat ugly ass mug, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #621 on: September 01, 2020, 09:12:45 PM »

She won’t get a pass from honest Democrats/liberals like you, Fluffy and others here. Let’s see how CNN and MSNBC (or even ABC, CBS and NBC) handle it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 09:48:51 PM by Lennys Tap »

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #622 on: September 01, 2020, 09:21:57 PM »

She should probably wear 25% of the makeup 45 wears to cover the ugly, otherwise your comment would just be misogynistic, aina?

And yes, she should be called out for this, held accountable and apologize.....and if her points of view remain the same she should be ousted.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #623 on: September 01, 2020, 09:48:36 PM »

pretty boys gonna pretty boy

MU82

• All American
« Reply #624 on: September 01, 2020, 10:54:39 PM »
Of course she should wear a mask.

And the comments about Pelosi's looks were juvenile and uncalled for.