[Today at 02:58:54 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:49:34 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Kenosha  (Read 75023 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Kenosha
« Reply #525 on: August 31, 2020, 02:03:35 PM »
Yep, to echo jficke, I know about a half dozen people in the early 30s demo who dislike Biden enough to even debate not voting for president period.  A few point to his history of voting on racial/social/criminal justice issues back in the 80s (which is kind of preposterous to me), while the rest just feel he is too moderate.  They were ardent Bernie supporters and AOC evangelists who were overjoyed when she endorsed Bernie at the DNC for whatever reason.  Any semblance of centrist/moderate politics, or the whiff of bipartisanship, and they are out on him. 

Now there are plenty of sensible dems/liberal voters who may not be thrilled with Biden, but will happily vote for him, but its not crazy to think that a good sized contingent of the vocal BLM/active protester sect shares the viewpoints mentioned above.  Its ironic that, even in the face of 4 more years of Trump, the moderate-ish stances of Biden that makes him tolerable/appealing to middle of the road voters or conservatives fed up with DJT, are what makes him so unpleasant to the outer reaches of his blue base.

Ironic is one word for it. I was thinking of something that rhymes with that and starts with an "m."

I think Biden will do better among the Bernie voters because he has so enthusiastically supported him and he doesn't feel the nomination was "stolen" from him, as he did last time.

A logical progressive would ask himself or herself: "Even if I don't really like Biden or the policies from the past, who is more likely to move leftward, him or his opponent?" But with some, there is no logic. So they are willing to condemn the USA to 4 more years of policies that are absolutely abhorrent to themselves. Brilliant.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #526 on: August 31, 2020, 02:06:46 PM »
More lunacy. Trump:

"If I didn’t INSIST on having the National Guard activate and go into Kenosha, Wisconsin, there would be no Kenosha right now."

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #527 on: August 31, 2020, 02:10:38 PM »
Ironic is one word for it. I was thinking of something that rhymes with that and starts with an "m."

I think Biden will do better among the Bernie voters because he has so enthusiastically supported him and he doesn't feel the nomination was "stolen" from him, as he did last time.

A logical progressive would ask himself or herself: "Even if I don't really like Biden or the policies from the past, who is more likely to move leftward, him or his opponent?" But with some, there is no logic. So they are willing to condemn the USA to 4 more years of policies that are absolutely abhorrent to themselves. Brilliant.

Don't know how true that will be, Mike. I know many Libs who complain about Biden, about the status quo. Every one will vote for him.

I think most of the ones you talk about are young and white. Most could't be bothered to spend 30 minutes to vote anyway.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #528 on: August 31, 2020, 02:44:09 PM »
Interesting. Thanks for the info. I like to learn, and I learned something here ... including the word "caceral." Had to look it up!

Doh and I misspelled it for you to boot.

it's "carceral"

missed the dang "r."

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #529 on: August 31, 2020, 02:46:39 PM »
Yep, to echo jficke, I know about a half dozen people in the early 30s demo who dislike Biden enough to even debate not voting for president period.  A few point to his history of voting on racial/social/criminal justice issues back in the 80s (which is kind of preposterous to me), while the rest just feel he is too moderate.  They were ardent Bernie supporters and AOC evangelists who were overjoyed when she endorsed Bernie at the DNC for whatever reason.  Any semblance of centrist/moderate politics, or the whiff of bipartisanship, and they are out on him. 

Now there are plenty of sensible dems/liberal voters who may not be thrilled with Biden, but will happily vote for him, but its not crazy to think that a good sized contingent of the vocal BLM/active protester sect shares the viewpoints mentioned above.  Its ironic that, even in the face of 4 more years of Trump, the moderate-ish stances of Biden that makes him tolerable/appealing to middle of the road voters or conservatives fed up with DJT, are what makes him so unpleasant to the outer reaches of his blue base.

I'm not really taking a stand on him or people's voting stances here. Everyone is more than capable of making inferences of my political ideology and how I plan to vote in November, but frankly that's irrelevant to the point I'm making here which is simply that it's really weird to see Biden tied to the "radical left" when I know with absolute certainty that the actual radical left hates him.

but hey, we gotta have reductive campaigning, so: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tower912

• All American
« Reply #530 on: August 31, 2020, 02:53:23 PM »
For the record, if it is shown the suspected shooter in Portland shot first, lock him up and throw away the key.   I stand with peaceful protesters.   Rioters and hooligans in it to create trouble can all go f themselves.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #531 on: August 31, 2020, 04:25:37 PM »

One of my daughters falls into your description (although she's not of voting age).  To mirror what Jockey said I tell my kids "he's not the sexy pick, but the pick we need now."

Now I will say nothing further................

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #532 on: August 31, 2020, 04:48:19 PM »
::) I'm not saying it was justified. Yet, i did see a man walking away from the cops when guns were on him. We need more answers.

Unless (and even if) he is the strongest man alive, what I witnessed does not crack the top 1000 scenarios that should have gone down. I am fully confident that if my white ass walked across the face of 2 or 3 officers that  I would still be here to write this post.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #533 on: August 31, 2020, 06:24:33 PM »
More lunacy. Trump:

"If I didn’t INSIST on having the National Guard activate and go into Kenosha, Wisconsin, there would be no Kenosha right now."
Jockey, what or who got the National Guard into Kenosha?
From speaking to people from Kenosha, the Uptown area is really destroyed and torched.
Was it Evers who got the National Guard there?
I heard Evers refused the National Guard and it was basically Trump that did get them there.
Only after Uptown was torched did Evers move.
Things were getting crazy.  IMHO with no National Guard there, there would of been much more destruction, injury and possibly death.
Correct me if I am incorrect.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #534 on: August 31, 2020, 06:29:09 PM »
Jockey, what or who got the National Guard into Kenosha?
From speaking to people from Kenosha, the Uptown area is really destroyed and torched.
Was it Evers who got the National Guard there?
I heard Evers refused the National Guard and it was basically Trump that did get them there.
Only after Uptown was torched did Evers move.
Things were getting crazy.  IMHO with no National Guard there, there would of been much more destruction, injury and possibly death.
Correct me if I am incorrect.

You are incorrect.
Evers called up the National Guard, which is a function of the governor's office.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #535 on: August 31, 2020, 06:31:00 PM »
And in a shocking turn of events, the president of the United States defended Kyle Rittenhouse today.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #536 on: August 31, 2020, 06:35:21 PM »
You are incorrect.
Evers called up the National Guard, which is a function of the governor's office.
Did Evers wait?  If so, why?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #537 on: August 31, 2020, 06:39:29 PM »
Did Evers wait?  If so, why?

No, he didn't. Guard members were deployed the day after Jacob Blake was shot.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 07:05:34 PM by Pakuni »

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #538 on: August 31, 2020, 07:03:42 PM »
The governor must request the National Guard.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #540 on: August 31, 2020, 07:31:55 PM »
This is what I mean. I don’t understand why this is the route he takes. I think it undermines the “law and order” message.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1300567166891294725?s=21
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

NCMUFan

• All American

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #542 on: August 31, 2020, 08:02:07 PM »
For the record, if it is shown the suspected shooter in Portland shot first, lock him up and throw away the key.   I stand with peaceful protesters.   Rioters and hooligans in it to create trouble can all go f themselves.

In *general*, if you're not defending your own home, and shoot & kill someone out in public, I'm OK if you get locked up forever.  Regardless of the reason you were out.  Now, that gets interesting if there are 2 people with guns and the killer claims "self defense".  But still, not many good legitimate reasons for people to be wandering the streets with guns EVER.

And I'm, OK with guns.  Keep them at home, go hunting, go target shooting, have a massive collection.  But you probably don't need one if you're going to Walgreens or visiting Kenosha for an evening...

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #543 on: August 31, 2020, 08:05:19 PM »
In *general*, if you're not defending your own home, and shoot & kill someone out in public, I'm OK if you get locked up forever.  Regardless of the reason you were out.  Now, that gets interesting if there are 2 people with guns and the killer claims "self defense".  But still, not many good legitimate reasons for people to be wandering the streets with guns EVER.

And I'm, OK with guns.  Keep them at home, go hunting, go target shooting, have a massive collection.  But you probably don't need one if you're going to Walgreens or visiting Kenosha for an evening...

My wife has a nurse co-worker. This co-worker's husband never leaves the house without 3 firearms on him. 1 side holster, 1 back waistband, 1 in his boot.

We've been out with them a couple times. Makes me uncomfortable every time.

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #544 on: August 31, 2020, 08:48:05 PM »
After making my eyes bleed while reading this entire thread, I have realized my fellow Marquette basketball fans have no idea what is going on with any events currently going down in kenosha  :-[

https://youtu.be/NSxQzcTHm-A
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 08:50:36 PM by noblewarrior »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #545 on: August 31, 2020, 08:51:55 PM »
After making my eyes bleed while reading this entire thread, I have realized my fellow Marquette basketball fans have no idea what is going on with any events currently going down in kenosha  :-[

https://youtu.be/NSxQzcTHm-A

High comedy.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #546 on: August 31, 2020, 08:54:45 PM »
My wife has a nurse co-worker. This co-worker's husband never leaves the house without 3 firearms on him. 1 side holster, 1 back waistband, 1 in his boot.

We've been out with them a couple times. Makes me uncomfortable every time.
I wouldn’t hang out with that guy. He is a psycho.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #547 on: August 31, 2020, 09:31:29 PM »
This is what I mean. I don’t understand why this is the route he takes. I think it undermines the “law and order” message.

Very easy to understand. He is fomenting chaos. After this many times, you should understand.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #548 on: August 31, 2020, 09:47:59 PM »

Hopefully, (considering his age), 1924 will be a time when young blood with more liberal ideas will step forward.

1924, Jockey??? Was that the year Joe flunked 3rd grade, the year he got an “F” in ROTC or the year(s) he got caught cheating in law school?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #549 on: August 31, 2020, 11:41:47 PM »

Several of the emperor’s people have said that the more violence the better for him. He is desperate and thinks this (and undermining the USPS) is his only avenue to keep the presidency. So he throws gasoline on every fire and then screams that he owns the only hose in America.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback