[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Kenosha  (Read 75090 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Kenosha
« Reply #350 on: August 27, 2020, 06:44:27 AM »
Not sure how well the advice of always listening to priests and coaches will work out

MU82

• All American
« Reply #351 on: August 27, 2020, 07:54:43 AM »
No person should take the law into their own hands. Vigilantism leads to situations just like this. Where were the police, the fire department to bring order and put out the fires? This was a failure of elected and non-elected local and state officials.

Well, the Kenosha police let this 17-year-old turd stroll by them with his assault rifle hanging from his shoulder by its strap. He walked right at them, and kept reaching for his gun (seemingly because it kept slipping off his shoulder).

I wonder if a Black guy would have been allowed to stroll so casually toward the cops while constantly reaching for his gun during a riot. Hmmm. I wonder.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #352 on: August 27, 2020, 08:48:57 AM »
Well, the Kenosha police let this 17-year-old turd stroll by them with his assault rifle hanging from his shoulder by its strap. He walked right at them, and kept reaching for his gun (seemingly because it kept slipping off his shoulder).

I wonder if a Black guy would have been allowed to stroll so casually toward the cops while constantly reaching for his gun during a riot. Hmmm. I wonder.

Again a failure of local and state officials to maintain order at the time. He has been arrested and charged and hopefully as an adult, not get off on some technicality as a minor.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #353 on: August 27, 2020, 08:56:11 AM »

Tonight the D.A. said,  if he could prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt he would prosecute the cop who shot Blake.  He did not say what he would do if he he could not prove the murder beyond a reasonable doubt.

That's not how indictments are supposed to work....

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #354 on: August 27, 2020, 09:12:44 AM »
Whole bunch of your elders are in hell.

And a whole bunch of our children.  Both figuratively and literally.  If we don't get crap figured out in this country. 

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #355 on: August 27, 2020, 09:33:28 AM »
That's not how indictments are supposed to work....

Coleman,

Are you a lawyer?

That's the problem, the D.A., the prosecuter, decides to bury a case because HE FEEL'S that the standard of beyond a reasonable doubt can't be met.
Our system is failing us.
Let a jury of his peers make the decision, not the prosecuter.

I'm not a lawyer, but I can smell a rigged system when I come across one.

Political prosecutors and non political prosecutors tricks of the trade off the top of my head are change of venue, plausible deniability, qualified immunity, and selective eninforcement.

As I  say I'm no lawyer, but the law is failing us.  We are in a lawless society when a 17 year old with a loaded AK-47 can walk down the street and kill people.  Right to bear an AK-47, stand your ground laws, and ambushes are acceptable means the end of civilized society.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 09:47:20 AM by vogue65 »

Boone

• All American
« Reply #356 on: August 27, 2020, 09:34:48 AM »
In current bizarro land, I half expect that 17 year old to speak at Trump Fest tonite

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #357 on: August 27, 2020, 09:35:43 AM »
And a whole bunch of our children.  Both figuratively and literally.  If we don't get crap figured out in this country.

How about starting with electing people who pay their taxes and can prove it?

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #358 on: August 27, 2020, 09:37:09 AM »
Coleman,

Are you a lawyer?

That's the problem, the D.A., the prosecuter, decides to bury a case because HE FEEL'S that the standard of reasonable doubt can't be met.
Our system is failing us.
Let a jury of his peers make the decision, not the prosecuter.

I'm not a lawyer, but I can smell a rigged system when I come across one.

Political prosecutors and non political prosecutors tricks of the trade off the top of my head are change of venue, plausible deniability, qualified immunity, and selective eninforcement.

As I  say I'm no lawyer, but the law is failing us.  We are in a lawless society when a 17 year old with a loaded AK-47 can walk down the street and kill people.  Right to bear an AK-47, stand your ground laws, and ambushes are acceptable means the end of civilized society.

I am not a lawyer.

But I know enough to know that the standard burden of proof for indictment is not the same as conviction.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #359 on: August 27, 2020, 09:38:31 AM »
In current bizarro land, I half expect that 17 year old to speak at Trump Fest tonite

They would have if they had time. 
The nut job lawyers from St. Louis ( home of the Dred Scott decision) had to do for now.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #360 on: August 27, 2020, 09:41:34 AM »
I am not a lawyer.

But I know enough to know that the standard burden of proof for indictment is not the same as conviction.

I don't know what you know.
The D.A. said that he will determine to prosecute or not based on his evaluation of the evidence.
He has the power not the people, and claiming he is elected is besides the point.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #361 on: August 27, 2020, 09:42:11 AM »
bravo for this.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #362 on: August 27, 2020, 09:53:52 AM »
I don’t think you know what Legion baseball is.

Are you in the Legion?

We sponsor a team, we make a connection with the post and the young men, some even become auxiliary members.

You're right I haven' a clue.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #363 on: August 27, 2020, 09:57:26 AM »

This is a very true statement.  Yet it seems the vast majority of young people, college students, etc., seem to be very woke.  They will save us from the sins of our elders. 

At times I regret not having children, yet there are times I'm actually grateful too, as I suspect America is going to be an absolute cesspool in 30 years.  Why?  Deterioration of family values, fringe extremists in media/social media dictating to the masses what they can/cannot do, say, believe, (without being called a racist, sexist, xenophobe, misogynist)  and a society that seemingly eschews personal responsibility and wants to immediately point the finger outward.

Life isn't fair. Never has been.  Never will be.  Tough sh$t.  Jeff Bezos is a billionaire and has way more money than he needs.  So what?  You don't like that, don't use his company's services.  Creation of value is what gets rewarded in our society - Amazon provides a valuable service, thus, the market rewards it.  I suspect Jeff Bezos has a lot better ideas how to deploy his capital than some idiot politicians.

It is really sad to see and hear how many people resent the massive succe$$ our country's innovators have achieved, and the good and convenience their innovations bring to the lives of those of us less brilliant, driven, capable.

And what happened in Kenosha is just as sad.  Everything about it.  Young man with a checkered rap sheet, who doesn't want to comply with authority, to overzealous cops that massively overreacted. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #364 on: August 27, 2020, 09:58:58 AM »
https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/1298711658362056704
"I want Kyle Rittenhouse as my bodyguard. I want him as my president."
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #365 on: August 27, 2020, 10:00:33 AM »

hfs

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #366 on: August 27, 2020, 10:00:39 AM »
Good authority.

I knew 3 different priests from three different walks of life that as it turns out all molested children.

I knew a police officer who was racist, verbally and physically abusive. He got away with it a long time too. ...until he was caught on video cracking his flashlight on an innocent person's head. He was fired.

Don't get me started with coaches, teachers, the military.

There are of course many good people in all of these professions and others. I have experienced that too.

It's perfectly acceptable to question bad authority. Good trouble.

Right on.
The trick to good leadership and using authority properly is humility.
The problem is that authoritian leaders are ego maniacs.
Most people in authority have big egos.
People like to be led by bullies and thugs, until they don't.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #367 on: August 27, 2020, 10:04:30 AM »

We should up the voting age to 25 or 30.
Young people don't vote anyway and if they do, look out.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #368 on: August 27, 2020, 10:08:13 AM »
I am not a lawyer.

That's not really how DAs make decisions of prosecutorial discretion.

Conviction rates are so high in part because of the cases that aren't brought. If you're the DA, you don't want to waste your time charging cases where your assessment of your case suggests you have enough to charge but not enough to reach BARD and convict.

What's the point of charging cases you expect to lose?

(Now, there is implicit in this the fact that the DA is the one making that evaluation, and the "I don't think I can prove guilt BARD for [whomever is suspected of a crime]" gives the DA the power to protect someone behind their prosecutorial discretion, but that's separate from a discussion of how burdens of proof work at the charging stage)

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #369 on: August 27, 2020, 10:13:21 AM »
We should up the voting age to 25 or 30.
Young people don't vote anyway and if they do, look out.

Iagree with you.  Yet, Kamala Harris believes the voting age should be lowered.  Everybody knows kids by 16 have developed strong critical thinking skills.

https://grabien.com/story.php?id=232235

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/04/kamala-harris-impeachment-voting-age-changes/

Asked later about lowering the voting age to 16, Harris said: “I’m really interested in having that conversation.” Some Democratic bigwigs now think it’s time to have a conversation about Kamala Harris’s interest in “having that conversation.”

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #370 on: August 27, 2020, 10:17:17 AM »
This is a very true statement.  Yet it seems the vast majority of young people, college students, etc., seem to be very woke.  They will save us from the sins of our elders. 

At times I regret not having children, yet there are times I'm actually grateful too, as I suspect America is going to be an absolute cesspool in 30 years.  Why?  Deterioration of family values, fringe extremists in media/social media dictating to the masses what they can/cannot do, say, believe, (without being called a racist, sexist, xenophobe, misogynist)  and a society that seemingly eschews personal responsibility and wants to immediately point the finger outward.

Life isn't fair. Never has been.  Never will be.  Tough sh$t.  Jeff Bezos is a billionaire and has way more money than he needs.  So what?  You don't like that, don't use his company's services.  Creation of value is what gets rewarded in our society - Amazon provides a valuable service, thus, the market rewards it.  I suspect Jeff Bezos has a lot better ideas how to deploy his capital than some idiot politicians.

It is really sad to see and hear how many people resent the massive succe$$ our country's innovators have achieved, and the good and convenience their innovations bring to the lives of those of us less brilliant, driven, capable.

And what happened in Kenosha is just as sad.  Everything about it.  Young man with a checkered rap sheet, who doesn't want to comply with authority, to overzealous cops that massively overreacted.

You really drank the Kool-Aid.
I live part time in Europe, we have our share of wealthy people.
Some have their fortunes that go back centuries.
They also understand the common good and enlightened self interest.
The influence of the Harvard M.B.A. mentality on our culture has created the current business culture in America.
I feel Marquette fell right into the trap.

We can't have it both ways.  Subjugate and dominate some and let some take all the marbles.

A house divided against itself can not stand, Abe Lincoln.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #371 on: August 27, 2020, 10:21:54 AM »
Iagree with you.  Yet, Kamala Harris believes the voting age should be lowered.  Everybody knows kids by 16 have developed strong critical thinking skills.

https://grabien.com/story.php?id=232235

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/04/kamala-harris-impeachment-voting-age-changes/

Asked later about lowering the voting age to 16, Har767'sris said: “I’m really interested in having that conversation.” Some Democratic bigwigs now think it’s time to have a conversation about Kamala Harris’s interest in “having that conversation.”

Yes, even liberals have agreeable disagreements, we are not a cult.
I'm for bringing back the draft.
A fair draft without loopholes like law school.
Harris is not the Democratic Party, she is a senator and a candidate.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 10:24:50 AM by vogue65 »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #372 on: August 27, 2020, 10:23:00 AM »

A day earlier, in Idaho, heavily armed white terrorists stormed the state capitol and forced their way past police into the chambers. Heavily armed white men. The police reaction? Ah, let them do it, we don't want any trouble.

An unarmed black man walks away from police? Police reaction is to empty their gun into the man's back.

THIS IS AMERICA!

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #373 on: August 27, 2020, 10:26:35 AM »
You really drank the Kool-Aid.
I live part time in Europe, we have our share of wealthy people.
Some have their fortunes that go back centuries.
They also understand the common good and enlightened self interest.
The influence of the Harvard M.B.A. mentality on our culture has created the current business culture in America.
I feel Marquette fell right into the trap.

We can't have it both ways.  Subjugate and dominate some and let some take all the marbles.

A house divided against itself can not stand, Abe Lincoln.

Pretty sure our rich have donated massive amounts of their fortunes to all kinds of societal causes.  Not to mention the companies they build employ millions, and generate billions in wages, and tax revenues. 

Further, the top 1% pay 38% of the U.S. Tax bill.  Is a 38x multiple of their size, not "paying their fair share?" 

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #374 on: August 27, 2020, 10:28:19 AM »
A day earlier, in Idaho, heavily armed white terrorists stormed the state capitol and forced their way past police into the chambers. Heavily armed white men. The police reaction? Ah, let them do it, we don't want any trouble.

An unarmed black man walks away from police? Police reaction is to empty their gun into the man's back.

THIS IS AMERICA!

Yes, this is America.
Macho punks, the NRA, lack of compliance, now armed to the teeth like Seria, Iraqi, Somolia, Liberia.  We are close to becoming a third world country.  Thanks guys.

feedback