collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Kenosha  (Read 75128 times)

vogue65

• All American
Re: Kenosha
« Reply #250 on: August 26, 2020, 11:31:44 AM »
Hang a Black Lives Matter sign in the window and offer them refreshments.

You can be on the right side of history or not. 
I have no problem killing somebody over my life, but property, no way.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #251 on: August 26, 2020, 11:46:26 AM »
I was told a long time ago that the reason we have courts, judges, and lawyers is so people don't go around taking the law into their own hands and start killing each other.

It was called civility.

The courts, judges, and lawyers have failed us. 

The result of failed deplomacy and politics is war.

The people in the streets, on both sides, are at war.  It makes me very sad.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #252 on: August 26, 2020, 11:50:26 AM »

Yes.  Just google "Kyle Rittenhouse"

And I must admit that I got a chuckle out of the idea that you are supposed to call Crime Stoppers about this.

I'm confused. How is this related to Blake?

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #253 on: August 26, 2020, 11:51:00 AM »
Vogue:  It appears this has been something that has bothered you for a long time.  You must also have some ideas of a solution.  Practical measure to bring peace.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #254 on: August 26, 2020, 11:53:58 AM »
I'm confused. How is this related to Blake?

It's related to the protests/riots in Kenosha as a result of police officers shooting Mr Blake.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #255 on: August 26, 2020, 11:57:20 AM »
It's related to the protests/riots in Kenosha as a result of police officers shooting Mr Blake.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/2-killed-by-vigilante-wisconsin/
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #256 on: August 26, 2020, 12:00:43 PM »
fwiw-madison 365 reported that someone did call the police on blake.  a female called and stated that blake was at her home and was not supposed to be.  he had taken her keys and was refusing to give them back.  there was a warrant out for his arrest. 

just saying because i read on here somewhere that he was just there "breaking up a fight" or something.  don't know about you guys, but if police pull me over, i stop.  if they tell me to get on the ground and hands out or behind my back, i do whatever it is they order.  can always figure out later who was right or wrong
don't...don't don't don't don't

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #257 on: August 26, 2020, 12:04:17 PM »
can always figure out later who was right or wrong

From personal experience, this is not always true.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #258 on: August 26, 2020, 12:05:03 PM »
fwiw-madison 365 reported that someone did call the police on blake.  a female called and stated that blake was at her home and was not supposed to be.  he had taken her keys and was refusing to give them back.  there was a warrant out for his arrest. 

just saying because i read on here somewhere that he was just there "breaking up a fight" or something.  don't know about you guys, but if police pull me over, i stop.  if they tell me to get on the ground and hands out or behind my back, i do whatever it is they order.  can always figure out later who was right or wrong

Well, he definitely got what he deserved then
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #259 on: August 26, 2020, 12:05:21 PM »
Vogue:  It appears this has been something that has bothered you for a long time.  You must also have some ideas of a solution.  Practical measure to bring peace.

NCMUFan,

Yes it has because it has been a very long time in coming.

I have lots of answers, but sadly not about this.

Prayer and the leadership of the black church is my best hope.

When Charlottesville happened my friends in Newark forgave the shooter.  I had my justifiable anger going full bore.  They just forgave.

On questions like this one my answer is usually that it will take generational change.

We will see if we have had generational change from 1968 or not. 

I'm sure the Pentagon is working the issue 24-7.  They may have some ideas, I don't.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #260 on: August 26, 2020, 12:05:55 PM »

Ah yes.  We have entered the "blaming the guy who got shot" stage of this nonsense. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #261 on: August 26, 2020, 12:10:24 PM »

Ah yes.  We have entered the "blaming the guy who got shot" stage of this nonsense.

Good legal training, the victim is guilty.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #262 on: August 26, 2020, 12:18:32 PM »

When it's a black guy. And always the same guy doing the blaming.

Eng said it best.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #263 on: August 26, 2020, 12:25:51 PM »
Any MUScoopers from Kenosha that would like to share what is happening there?
Personally, I would like to hear it from the residents not media.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #264 on: August 26, 2020, 12:32:37 PM »

Not surprised you would post this. Surprised it took you so long to post something like this.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #265 on: August 26, 2020, 12:50:06 PM »

Yes.  You as a white man who has never had to deal with being racially profiled find it easy to follow what "authority" tells you to do.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #266 on: August 26, 2020, 12:58:21 PM »

Convenient that you left out the second part of the call:

"About a minute after the initial call, the dispatcher indicated that Blake was leaving the premises, and that the woman who had initially called had hung up."

https://madison365.com/kenohsa-police-opened-fire-less-than-5-minutes-after-being-called-scanner-audio/

Also, it only took officers 4+ minutes to go from call to shots fired!  Impressive KPD.  Way to de-escalate.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 01:02:39 PM by rocky_warrior »

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #267 on: August 26, 2020, 12:59:11 PM »
  don't know about you guys, but if police pull me over, i stop.  if they tell me to get on the ground and hands out or behind my back, i do whatever it is they order.  can always figure out later who was right or wrong

LOL, how many times have you been pulled over, told to get on the ground, and put your hands behind your back?

All of this "what I would do" from white people who have never actually experienced the terror of a cop with a gun at your head is pretty choice.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #268 on: August 26, 2020, 01:13:24 PM »
just saying because i read on here somewhere that he was just there "breaking up a fight" or something.

Lets also add that the breaking up a fight was from witnesses - who may be more reliable than the person that called the police.  The woman that called the police also  became uncooperative with them... "The dispatcher tells officers that the woman now says Blake is trying to leave. The dispatcher tries to get a description of Blake’s vehicle but she tells officers that the woman has become uncooperative, and the type of vehicle or what state it’s registered in are unknown."

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2020/08/25/kenosha-police-shot-jacob-blake-3-minutes-after-arrival-audio-reveals/5628076002/

What I'll say is news from the original accounts, is that this appeared to occur at his own house?  There is more to the story, but I still see nothing that would require shooting him 7 times.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #270 on: August 26, 2020, 01:25:25 PM »
Any MUScoopers from Kenosha that would like to share what is happening there?
Personally, I would like to hear it from the residents not media.

I'll try to get back down there today. Yesterday afternoon when I was downtown, the activity was like any normal day. Plenty of people walking, lots of bikers, decent amount of traffic. What was surreal is that every 1st floor window on the main drag was boarded, also many 2nd and 3rd floor windows as well. Highway 32 (Sheridan Road), near downtown was impassable. Cement barriers and large trucks blocked all entry near the downtown area.

At the time I was there, protests were already forming on the west side maybe 4-5 miles from downtown) and moving toward downtown. Talked to a couple people I knew who were marching and it was pretty peaceful for a while before it got ugly. On the way downtown,  there was major damage and fires set in the Uptown area (center of town).

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #271 on: August 26, 2020, 01:31:52 PM »
I'll try to get back down there today. Yesterday afternoon when I was downtown, the activity was like any normal day. Plenty of people walking, lots of bikers, decent amount of traffic. What was surreal is that every 1st floor window on the main drag was boarded, also many 2nd and 3rd floor windows as well. Highway 32 (Sheridan Road), near downtown was impassable. Cement barriers and large trucks blocked all entry near the downtown area.

At the time I was there, protests were already forming on the west side maybe 4-5 miles from downtown) and moving toward downtown. Talked to a couple people I knew who were marching and it was pretty peaceful for a while before it got ugly. On the way downtown,  there was major damage and fires set in the Uptown area (center of town).

Co-worker of mine grew up in Kenosha and his sales territory encompasses downtown.  He sent pics on Monday morning of the damage.  Rows of burned out cars and damaged storefronts. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #272 on: August 26, 2020, 01:33:04 PM »
What the h@ll kind of nation do we live in that openly allows a 17 year old kid to go out into a volatile situation fully armed?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #273 on: August 26, 2020, 01:34:26 PM »

So desperate to have it be the Black guy’s fault. Wow.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #274 on: August 26, 2020, 01:36:02 PM »
Co-worker of mine grew up in Kenosha and his sales territory encompasses downtown.  He sent pics on Monday morning of the damage.  Rows of burned out cars and damaged storefronts.

Most likely on the outskirts of downtown. The main drag from the Boathouse to the Library -about a 12 block stretch - was boarded but undamaged.