[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Kenosha  (Read 75074 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Kenosha
« Reply #225 on: August 26, 2020, 09:02:35 AM »
Those are .. very high level "there was an incident" type releases.

To date, all we have is X seconds of video and people talking to the newspaper, maybe Blake was putting his kids in the car, maybe he was tackled, maybe he was tased, maybe it was overheard he was commanded to put down a knife, etc.

It would appear that no part of the officers' story has been released.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #226 on: August 26, 2020, 09:21:20 AM »
Those are .. very high level "there was an incident" type releases.

To date, all we have is X seconds of video and people talking to the newspaper, maybe Blake was putting his kids in the car, maybe he was tackled, maybe he was tased, maybe it was overheard he was commanded to put down a knife, etc.

It would appear that no part of the officers' story has been released.

I agree, great analysis, and maybe there is a Santa Claus

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #227 on: August 26, 2020, 09:28:28 AM »
There's video of both separate shootings, not great Bob.

And video of the cops asking if the "militia" needed anything. And driving right past the shooter.

Social media has found him, of course. 17 year old kid from IL.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #228 on: August 26, 2020, 09:39:28 AM »
so what...what is happening in kenosha could happen anywhere if the circumstances provided for it.  if the unfortunate incident between kenosha police and jacob blake or george floyd in minneapolis for that matter were to have happened in "bumble city" the reactions would be similar.  this does not reflect directly on kenosha as there are many many good people there.  it has become the new "ground zero" for a political movement and people are coming in from all over the country

The problem is not the great people in these second tier places, it is the policing and poverty.
Good luck to Kenosh, been there three times, but it happens everwhere, not just Kenosha.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #229 on: August 26, 2020, 09:49:38 AM »
so what...what is happening in kenosha could happen anywhere if the circumstances provided for it.  if the unfortunate incident between kenosha police and jacob blake or george floyd in minneapolis for that matter were to have happened in "bumble city" the reactions would be similar.  this does not reflect directly on kenosha as there are many many good people there.  it has become the new "ground zero" for a political movement and people are coming in from all over the country

I was simply commenting on vogue's description of it as a "backwater" like Rockford or Youngstown.

Otherwise I agree with you.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #230 on: August 26, 2020, 09:54:44 AM »
In 2008 there were 120,000 sworn officers
In 2020 we have 800,000 officers.
There are 12,000 local police departments.

The powers that be have been planning for what is playing out for a long time.

America has chosen gated communities, private security, subjugation and intimadation of the minorities, and it will only get worse.  The shootings are not accidents, not bad apples, they are the policy.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #231 on: August 26, 2020, 10:00:44 AM »

I was simply commenting on vogue's description of it as a "backwater" like Rockford or Youngstown.

Otherwise I agree with you.

Backwater, is being kind.  They are places that don't have jobs, where corporate america has moved on, where there is not an adequate tax base

We could bicker over which towns are on or off my list.  Add Buffalo and Toleto, take off Kenosha and Rockford, what's the difference?  We could bicker about the word backwater. 

• All American
« Reply #232 on: August 26, 2020, 10:04:21 AM »
Backwater, is being kind.  They are places that don't have jobs, where corporate america has moved on, where there is not an adequate tax base

We could bicker over which towns are on or off my list.  Add Buffalo and Toleto, take off Kenosha and Rockford, what's the difference?  We could bicker about the word backwater. 

Not bickering.  Pointing out that of your supposed strong suits "a lot of experience, a body of knowledge and a vocabulary,"  you should probably bone up on the second one because you are wayyyy too impressed with the third.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #233 on: August 26, 2020, 10:09:46 AM »
That’s an accurate and heartbreaking list.

People from St. Louis will argue and tell you Chicago should be included. Hartford and Richmond may not belong but we’re splitting hairs at this point.

Adding Benton Harbor, Toledo, Waterloo IA, Joliet, Memphis... Industry left and then COVID & the response decimated the service economies.

“Learn to code” classes aren’t nearly enough... what is the plan?

I think my point is that the larger cities have a better grip on the whole community.  Schools, jobs, churches, housing, transportation, medical care and your point, service industries.

Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, San Francisco, Denver, (Indianapolis could go on either list) Philadelphia, Baltimore, etc..

Without taxes, without resources medium size cities are most at risk. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #234 on: August 26, 2020, 10:12:16 AM »
And video of the cops asking if the "militia" needed anything. And driving right past the shooter.

I'll look forward to him being hailed as a hero by some.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #235 on: August 26, 2020, 10:12:22 AM »

Not bickering.  Pointing out that of your supposed strong suits "a lot of experience, a body of knowledge and a vocabulary,"  you should probably bone up on the second one because you are wayyyy too impressed with the third.

I have know my share of been nowhere, done nothing people.  Some are even in very high places.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #236 on: August 26, 2020, 10:12:42 AM »

He has singlehandedly made this one of the strangest Scoop threads ever.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #237 on: August 26, 2020, 10:23:08 AM »

Wait, this is a separate event, 2 fatalities? I guess I need to catch myself up.

• All American
« Reply #238 on: August 26, 2020, 10:25:02 AM »

Supposedly a member of white supremecist militia.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #239 on: August 26, 2020, 10:25:14 AM »
That’s an accurate and heartbreaking list.

People from St. Louis will argue and tell you Chicago should be included. Hartford and Richmond may not belong but we’re splitting hairs at this point.

Adding Benton Harbor, Toledo, Waterloo IA, Joliet, Memphis... Industry left and then COVID & the response decimated the service economies.

“Learn to code” classes aren’t nearly enough... what is the plan?

What is the plan?
That's an easy one.
More cops, guns, surveillance, another ring of suburbs further out, more jails, lawyers, and domination.
Add more gaslighting, mock the press, fear mongering, facial recognition, tracking, and metal detectors and you have a start.

The plan is a police state.

That's why the military equipment, and weapons. 

• All American
« Reply #240 on: August 26, 2020, 10:26:40 AM »
Wait, this is a separate event, 2 fatalities? I guess I need to catch myself up.

Yes.  Just google "Kyle Rittenhouse"

And I must admit that I got a chuckle out of the idea that you are supposed to call Crime Stoppers about this. 

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #241 on: August 26, 2020, 10:53:28 AM »

I won't go for the bait.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #242 on: August 26, 2020, 11:01:04 AM »

Supposedly a member of white supremecist militia.

Kenosha Guard. Their facebook group is wide open to see. Check it out

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #243 on: August 26, 2020, 11:19:35 AM »
Just curious, if this was your community, and the protesters were marching outside your business and there were already local businesses burned down within your community, what would you do?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #244 on: August 26, 2020, 11:22:40 AM »
Just curious, if this was your community, and the protesters were marching outside your business and there were already local businesses burned down within your community, what would you do?

Hang a BLM sign, install security cams, make sure I've paid my insurance. Maybe stay in there with a hurl and a paintball gun with speed adjusted to be a legit deterrent.

Oh and what rocky said about refreshments. I just like to have backup plans for unaffiliated rioters.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 11:25:05 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #245 on: August 26, 2020, 11:23:09 AM »

Hang a Black Lives Matter sign in the window and offer them refreshments.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #246 on: August 26, 2020, 11:24:08 AM »
Jesus vogue be going full liberal chicos atm.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #247 on: August 26, 2020, 11:27:56 AM »

I'd move to the cushy outer ring of suburbs and start over, sort of like an emigrant.
This has been building for 50 freekin years, why hadn't you noticed?
The handwriting/graffiti has been on the wall for decades.

The difference between now and the riots in 1968 is basically the guns and tactics.

The government is betting that force will win.  Unfortunatly they are probably right.  We shall see, but it could be at a horrible cost.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #248 on: August 26, 2020, 11:30:23 AM »
Hang a BLM sign, install security cams, make sure I've paid my insurance. Maybe stay in there with a hurl and a paintball gun with speed adjusted to be a legit deterrent.

Oh and what rocky said about refreshments. I just like to have backup plans for unaffiliated rioters.

Those are good suggestions. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #249 on: August 26, 2020, 11:31:10 AM »

Yeah, you beat me by a few seconds.  Honestly, I think it would be important to show a presence.  a dark/boarded up business is ripe for vandalism/looting.  Be supportive of the cause,  and at the same time maybe win some new future customers.

I mean, MUScoop has people rage quitting because they can't support BLM patches or a heartfelt stand by Doc Rivers.  Racial equity is only a political issue if you're racist.