[Today at 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[Today at 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL Thread 2019-2020  (Read 319840 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: NFL Thread 2019-2020
« Reply #1950 on: January 12, 2020, 06:17:17 PM »
Which brings up , why not Robert Salah, who owned Stefanski? Oh, that’s right...

Because anyone that can get a team with Cousins as a QB to the second round of the playoffs walks on water...?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #1951 on: January 12, 2020, 07:44:27 PM »
Not going to complain about it but no clue why Adams isn’t double teamed every play.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1952 on: January 12, 2020, 07:54:47 PM »
Starting to look frighteningly like the Kaepernik game.

Why wouldn't you spy on Wilson EVERY down.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1953 on: January 12, 2020, 08:11:56 PM »
A lot of glaringly obvious holds by Seattle, none being called.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1954 on: January 12, 2020, 08:16:14 PM »
A Packer defender has been injured every other play so far in the 4th.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1955 on: January 12, 2020, 08:18:06 PM »
A Packer defender has been injured every other play so far in the 4th.

I think they are just tired, and using it for a break without calling TO.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1956 on: January 12, 2020, 08:29:38 PM »
clowney isn't near the player you would have expected coming out of college-mistake prone-over rated
don't...don't don't don't don't

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1957 on: January 12, 2020, 08:35:06 PM »
Can't believe Seattle punted there
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1958 on: January 12, 2020, 08:39:01 PM »
that's the rodgers of old right there

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1959 on: January 12, 2020, 08:39:12 PM »
Adams should have went down in bounds.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1960 on: January 12, 2020, 08:46:31 PM »
what goes around, goes around, eyn'a?  touche' to the replacement refs

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #1961 on: January 12, 2020, 08:51:49 PM »
Going to get our asses kicked next week but it always feels good to beat the seahawks. F them and F Pete Carroll.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1962 on: January 12, 2020, 08:54:00 PM »
Atrocious spot but credit to Rodgers and GB for making it happen on two different 3rd and longs

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1963 on: January 12, 2020, 08:55:25 PM »
That drop by Seahawks receiver on last drive was huge.

Rodgers comes up big when necessary.

Congrats to the Packers.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #1964 on: January 12, 2020, 08:55:31 PM »
Atrocious spot but credit to Rodgers and GB for making it happen on two different 3rd and longs
Not an atrocious spot. Go look at it again. They reviewed the damn play twice. You obviously see what you want to see.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1965 on: January 12, 2020, 09:02:49 PM »
Going to get our asses kicked next week but it always feels good to beat the seahawks. F them and F Pete Carroll.

Pete Carroll is a really swell guy, never cheated at USC or Seattle (cough cough)...I’m sorry to see him out.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #1966 on: January 12, 2020, 09:03:54 PM »
Pete Carroll is a really swell guy, never cheated at USC or Seattle (cough cough)...I’m sorry to see him out.
See there is something we can agree on. Pete  Carroll makes my skin crawl
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 09:09:20 PM by hairy worthen »

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #1967 on: January 12, 2020, 09:08:31 PM »
Have faith. It rarely goes like everyone thinks. Very few thought Ravens would lose.  Going to the nfc champ is a huge accomplishment for the Packers. They have already exceeded expectations by a mile.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 09:18:35 PM by hairy worthen »

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #1968 on: January 12, 2020, 09:18:41 PM »
Have faith. It rarely goes like everyone thinks. Very few thought Ravens would lose.  Going to the nfc champ is a huge accomplishment for the Packers. They have already already exceeded expectations by a mile.
Definitely agree on exceeded expectations. Just trying to prepare myself early for a beat down. I mentally prepared well for the first matchup and wasn’t too upset when I got to have an early bed time. Hate the prime time games.

Feel like tonight’s game was the perfect microcosm of the Packers season. Good first drive, defense holds up. Second half offense disappears, defense gets a full on stress test and they somehow just do enough to win.

The thing I like most about the team this year is their ability to close out the last few minutes. I knew the Seahawks weren’t getting the ball back just like a few other teams this year that punted with a late deficit. No clue why the Seahawks continues to let Adams get 1 on 1 coverage.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1969 on: January 12, 2020, 09:30:12 PM »
Nicely done by the Pack. That's a real good win against a team, especially a QB, who does not lose easily.

I'm still seeing KC and that offense in the SB against SF and that defense, but I wouldn't be stunned if the Pack wins next week, and I'd enjoy that SB, too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1970 on: January 12, 2020, 09:31:36 PM »
Season is a success no matter how spectacularly it ends next Sunday. Good feeling to be back in the NFC Championship, even if I don't expect to be  competitive in it.

And unnatural carnal knowledge the entire Seahawks team, but no one harder than Pete Carroll

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1971 on: January 12, 2020, 09:39:03 PM »
Season is a success no matter how spectacularly it ends next Sunday. Good feeling to be back in the NFC Championship, even if I don't expect to be  competitive in it.

And unnatural carnal knowledge the entire Seahawks team, but no one harder than Pete Carroll

I rather like Russell Wilson. And Lockett's a hell of a receiver and competitor. The rest of 'em, I either have no opinion on or no use for.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1972 on: January 12, 2020, 09:59:38 PM »
I rather like Russell Wilson. And Lockett's a hell of a receiver and competitor. The rest of 'em, I either have no opinion on or no use for.

Seems like a lot of former Seahawks don’t share your feelings for Russell Wilson. Guy’s a walking cliche. Between him and JJ Watt the Badgers might’ve produced the two biggest phonies in the NFL.

But hey, God wanted him to throw four interceptions in a game to overcome adversity. So good for him for learning the lesson God sent him through football.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1973 on: January 12, 2020, 10:21:59 PM »
Seems like a lot of former Seahawks don’t share your feelings for Russell Wilson. Guy’s a walking cliche. Between him and JJ Watt the Badgers might’ve produced the two biggest phonies in the NFL.

But hey, God wanted him to throw four interceptions in a game to overcome adversity. So good for him for learning the lesson God sent him through football.

wades, I'm not going to argue with you about something I know little about. From the outside (the far outside), Wilson has always seemed like a decent guy.

I'm not in Seattle and I haven't read a lot about Wilson as a teammate. So I did a quick googles, and I found this ESPN article from just last week:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28411255/inside-russell-wilson-seahawks-where-positivity-corniness-reign

Positive reinforcement is one thing, but these sound bites sound nearly cultish.

"Great confidence! Great belief!" "Why not!" "Clear heart! Clear mind! Clear eyes!" "Unwavering language! Unwavering belief!"

It rings too precise, too practiced. It is exactly why people find Russell Wilson so hard to believe. And so I spend the next couple of days asking teammates and coaches if this is how Russell really talks.

First, I ask a group of offensive linemen gathered around the locker of center Joey Hunt. "He says that stuff every day; he's straight positivity," offensive tackle George Fant says.

"The stuff he said during the miked-up is stuff he be saying," says Germain Ifedi, another offensive tackle. "People who thought it wasn't genuine, that's crazy. He's the same dude every day, consistent as hell."

I call Cliff Avril, a stalwart of those Seahawks defenses that dominated the first half of the decade when Wilson was a young quarterback.

"I've known him for seven years -- it's hard to fake the funk for seven years," Avril says. "It's hard to put on a show for seven years. So yes, how you see him on TV and how you see him on the field -- he really lives that way, and he really is that way."

You (or I, if I looked harder or cared enough) probably could find stuff from others who say they don't like him and/or that he's a phony. That's cool.

Either way, I'd take him to QB my team. Hell of a player.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1974 on: January 12, 2020, 10:31:18 PM »
wades, I'm not going to argue with you about something I know little about. From the outside (the far outside), Wilson has always seemed like a decent guy.

I'm not in Seattle and I haven't read a lot about Wilson as a teammate. So I did a quick googles, and I found this ESPN article from just last week:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28411255/inside-russell-wilson-seahawks-where-positivity-corniness-reign

Positive reinforcement is one thing, but these sound bites sound nearly cultish.

"Great confidence! Great belief!" "Why not!" "Clear heart! Clear mind! Clear eyes!" "Unwavering language! Unwavering belief!"

It rings too precise, too practiced. It is exactly why people find Russell Wilson so hard to believe. And so I spend the next couple of days asking teammates and coaches if this is how Russell really talks.

First, I ask a group of offensive linemen gathered around the locker of center Joey Hunt. "He says that stuff every day; he's straight positivity," offensive tackle George Fant says.

"The stuff he said during the miked-up is stuff he be saying," says Germain Ifedi, another offensive tackle. "People who thought it wasn't genuine, that's crazy. He's the same dude every day, consistent as hell."

I call Cliff Avril, a stalwart of those Seahawks defenses that dominated the first half of the decade when Wilson was a young quarterback.

"I've known him for seven years -- it's hard to fake the funk for seven years," Avril says. "It's hard to put on a show for seven years. So yes, how you see him on TV and how you see him on the field -- he really lives that way, and he really is that way."

You (or I, if I looked harder or cared enough) probably could find stuff from others who say they don't like him and/or that he's a phony. That's cool.

Either way, I'd take him to QB my team. Hell of a player.

There’s a funny story about Dick Sherman’s time in Seattle out there. Something about picking him off and then throwing the ball back to him after while yelling “you effing suck.” Not well liked by the “Legion of Boom” because of how Pete Carroll coddled him. Can’t imagine the play call at the goal line in the SB helped that.

Also (not directed to you anymore), looks like the refs had a more accurate “line to gain” angle than the yellow line.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter