[Today at 10:36:59 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL Thread 2019-2020  (Read 319764 times)

BM1090

• All American
Re: NFL Thread 2019-2020
« Reply #1450 on: December 16, 2019, 03:19:53 PM »
Josh Gordon suspended indefinitely. Again.

Guessing that's a career ender.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1451 on: December 16, 2019, 06:37:09 PM »
Josh Gordon suspended indefinitely. Again.

Guessing that's a career ender.

Gordon and his persistent pot problem signing with Seattle, home of legal weed (something I support but the NFL does not). Wow, who didn't see that coming?

Next stop: Vegas Raiders.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1452 on: December 16, 2019, 06:38:26 PM »
November....2018...last time Cam won a NFL regular season game.  Busted up Cam is worth zero wins.  Playable Cam, per Panthers, was also worth zero wins.

two games they played with him. Hardly a fair sample size.

And it looks like Brandon Allen is no longer the future of the franchise:  https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28314089/panthers-go-grier-qb-colts

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1453 on: December 16, 2019, 06:45:09 PM »
Gordon and his persistent pot problem signing with Seattle, home of legal weed (something I support but the NFL does not). Wow, who didn't see that coming?

There are zero cities in which an NFL player would struggle to acquire weed.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1454 on: December 16, 2019, 07:34:31 PM »
There are zero cities in which an NFL player would struggle to acquire weed.

agree, but when there are dispensaries all over the place it makes it a hell of a lot easier for someone like Gordon.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1455 on: December 16, 2019, 10:01:04 PM »
Just gonna throw these out there for discussion’s sake, my best value bets heading into season. All lines from Bovada. I don’t necessarily predict these things will happen, but like the value.

Bills +300 to make playoffs

I like their schedule, they honestly should start 3-0, and then get the Pats at home. Josh Allen was sneaky good down the stretch last year.

Offensive Rookie of the Year - Miles Sanders +1600

I’m not buying Kyler Murray stock in 2019, I think the Cardinals are going to be a train wreck. I think Sanders becomes the lead back in Philly in an offense that will be putting up leads early and he’ll get a big workload.

Vikings +240 to win NFC North

I won’t be surprised at who wins the North, but there’s too much value here to ignore.

Texans +285 to win AFC South

This is my favorite on the board. Is Andrew Luck ok? Even if he is ok, are the Colts that much better than the Texans?  Duke Johnson might be better than Lamar Miller, or the Texans have the cap space to trade for Melvin Gordon.

I wish I had actually bet some of these.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1456 on: December 16, 2019, 10:06:30 PM »
Damn. That Colts TD knocked me out of my fantasy league. I entered the night 10.1 points behind and only the Saints D left in action. The shutout with one sack would have won it for me.

Damn.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1457 on: December 16, 2019, 10:09:56 PM »
I'm somehow in the finals with my ragtag team that have been hurt off and on all year. Probably going into the finals without Dalvin Cook though...

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1458 on: December 16, 2019, 10:45:46 PM »

ESPN said it was "performance enhancing drugs".  Other than the Tombstone Eating Competition, I don't think this one was on the Holy Herb.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1459 on: December 16, 2019, 11:19:51 PM »
two games they played with him. Hardly a fair sample size.

And it looks like Brandon Allen is no longer the future of the franchise:  https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28314089/panthers-go-grier-qb-colts

His name is Kyle Allen, and he has been quite horrible most of the second half of the season. Might as well take a look at the kid they drafted in the third round (Will Grier out of WVU). Along with McCaffrey setting more records, the Panthers have nothing else to play for.

The Panthers have an interesting choice. If they are convinced that Cam has healed well from surgery and that he can be anything close to the old Cam, $21 million is actually a decent price for a franchise QB. If they are convinced he is not the right guy for the future, they can cut him and save about $19 from the salary cap.

Allen has had a few good games, but he is mistake prone -- he is Cutler/Trubisky, without the howitzer arm. If you are serious about winning next season, not sure how you can go into it with Allen at QB. If you are into the tanking thing, sure, go with him or Grier.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1460 on: December 17, 2019, 06:42:02 AM »
So, after this post about how okay it is to admit you are wrong (despite me asking a question...), will we see Cheeks, you know, actually admit he is wrong for once?

Wrong about post count (you're up over 6,500, not down at 4,400 or whatever it was).  Wrong about being here a "limited" amount of time.  Unless 6,500...or hell, even 4,400...posts in just over a year is "limited" for Cheeks.  Then I will be the one to admit I was wrong here.  But, that seems like an ABSURD amount of time spent on Scoop, and this is coming from someone who already spends an absurd amount of time on MUScoop.

Can the man do it?  Will he admit he was wrong?

Stay tuned.  (Actually don't, because Cheeks will conveniently ignore this post.  Maybe he's at the broadcast center today and had his phone, computer, etc. confiscated.)

Absolutely hysterical. Cheeks, that’s right, CHEEKS of all people, lectures somebody else on it being okay to admit you are wrong. All while Cheeks is the one who is wrong! And when called out on being wrong and asked if he will admit he is wrong given his lecture, does Cheeks do so? Of course he’s nowhere to be found in the thread!

Let me guess, DirecTV confiscated his phone and blocked the NFL thread!

Cheeks is a joke.

I honestly feel bad for the guy. His need to name drop overcomes his need to focus on his family as his love letter he posted on here claimed.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1461 on: December 17, 2019, 09:18:25 AM »
So, after this post about how okay it is to admit you are wrong (despite me asking a question...), will we see Cheeks, you know, actually admit he is wrong for once?

Wrong about post count (you're up over 6,500, not down at 4,400 or whatever it was).  Wrong about being here a "limited" amount of time.  Unless 6,500...or hell, even 4,400...posts in just over a year is "limited" for Cheeks.  Then I will be the one to admit I was wrong here.  But, that seems like an ABSURD amount of time spent on Scoop, and this is coming from someone who already spends an absurd amount of time on MUScoop.

Can the man do it?  Will he admit he was wrong?

Stay tuned.  (Actually don't, because Cheeks will conveniently ignore this post.  Maybe he's at the broadcast center today and had his phone, computer, etc. confiscated.)

Not sure why you say for once?  I have admitted I am wrong countless times here.

Happy to do it again here.  I explained, on the posts under the name in the thread it says 4400...happy to provide a screenshot.  Apparently other posts are added to the total of you go elsewhere in Scoop to get a more complete total.  Happy to admit I am wrong on that, but hope you also understand when it lists posts under my name at 4,400 you can see why I said 4,400 because it says...4,400.  I appreciate you pointing out that the number displayed is incorrect there and you need to go to a different part to get the true number.

Didn’t ignore the post at all.  You going to apologize for that and say you were wrong?  LOL.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1462 on: December 17, 2019, 09:21:43 AM »
Absolutely hysterical. Cheeks, that’s right, CHEEKS of all people, lectures somebody else on it being okay to admit you are wrong. All while Cheeks is the one who is wrong! And when called out on being wrong and asked if he will admit he is wrong given his lecture, does Cheeks do so? Of course he’s nowhere to be found in the thread!

Let me guess, DirecTV confiscated his phone and blocked the NFL thread!

Cheeks is a joke.

I honestly feel bad for the guy. His need to name drop overcomes his need to focus on his family as his love letter he posted on here claimed.

You have made your position well known here, your attacks regarding a deeply personal time in my life and totally misstating it were pretty sickening and you continue to do it, but it is what it is with you.

God bless.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1463 on: December 17, 2019, 09:53:41 AM »
Mutterings that Stafford may be done.    Lions may be in the QB market.    Whoever they sign... poor bastard.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1464 on: December 17, 2019, 09:56:53 AM »
Done as in retiring, either due to injury or to Barry Sanderitis? 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1465 on: December 17, 2019, 10:48:25 AM »
Done as in retiring, either due to injury or to Barry Sanderitis?

31, $200MM in cash contract earnings alone, 3 young kids and a wife who has been battling some gnarly health issues this year, in addition to his nagging injuries?  Measured against playing another few seasons with a team and franchise with no direction and horrible ownership?  I completely get the argument for him pulling a Sanders/Megatron

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1466 on: December 17, 2019, 10:58:38 AM »
31, $200MM in cash contract earnings alone, 3 young kids and a wife who has been battling some gnarly health issues this year, in addition to his nagging injuries?  Measured against playing another few seasons with a team and franchise with no direction and horrible ownership?  I completely get the argument for him pulling a Sanders/Megatron

Boy, if Detroit made an all-early retirement team they would be pretty darn good.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1467 on: December 17, 2019, 11:02:29 AM »
His name is Kyle Allen, and he has been quite horrible most of the second half of the season. Might as well take a look at the kid they drafted in the third round (Will Grier out of WVU). Along with McCaffrey setting more records, the Panthers have nothing else to play for.

The Panthers have an interesting choice. If they are convinced that Cam has healed well from surgery and that he can be anything close to the old Cam, $21 million is actually a decent price for a franchise QB. If they are convinced he is not the right guy for the future, they can cut him and save about $19 from the salary cap.

Allen has had a few good games, but he is mistake prone -- he is Cutler/Trubisky, without the howitzer arm. If you are serious about winning next season, not sure how you can go into it with Allen at QB. If you are into the tanking thing, sure, go with him or Grier.

Confused Brandon Allen who started briefly and was then benched at Denver with Kyle Allen. Neither are franchise QB's.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1468 on: December 17, 2019, 11:29:32 AM »
His back injury plus family factors might mean it is time to walk away.   But, early days and nothing but rumors.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1469 on: December 19, 2019, 11:00:27 AM »
You have made your position well known here, your attacks regarding a deeply personal time in my life and totally misstating it were pretty sickening and you continue to do it, but it is what it is with you.

God bless.

I'm truly sorry you lost someone close to you.  That always sucks.

I wouldn't bother you for your antics if you didn't come on here telling everyone you found the true meaning and purpose to life and that MUScoop is incredibly unimportant and you sincerely apologize for all of your behavior prior to that life changing event for you and that you wouldn't be around here any more.  Why?  Because it took VERY little time for you to be right back here posting non-stop in the exact same manner that you were posting before you wrote that long winded letter.  Literally nothing changed even though you claimed it was this eye opening, life changing event.  You spend all your time on MUScoop antagonizing everyone and then playing the victim.  It's incredibly old.

It's impossibly hard not to look at that letter and think, "Hmm, look at ChicosBailBonds.  His beloved MUScoop banned him for the 876th time and here he is trying to sweep up all of the sympathy he can get in order to remain a member here so as not to be banned for the 877th time because of this horrible life even the went through and now he's a changed man."

Let's be honest.  Nothing about your behavior on MUScoop has changed.  Whether that's true in other aspects of your life only you and those involved in those aspects can know.  But, just like after you once again got banned and once again returned and claimed you would only be around occasionally and not constantly, your words were empty.  Not one thing has changed.  You're the same ChicosBondsman you've always been on MUScoop.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 11:04:20 AM by WithoutBias »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1470 on: December 19, 2019, 01:50:36 PM »
You spend all your time on MUScoop antagonizing everyone and then playing the victim.

Ayup.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1471 on: December 19, 2019, 01:59:49 PM »
Ayup.

Several of Tsmith’s last few posts have all been racially charged and he’s talking about antagonizing?  Wow.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1472 on: December 19, 2019, 02:03:52 PM »
I'm truly sorry you lost someone close to you.  That always sucks.

Because it took VERY little time for you to be right back here posting non-stop in the exact same manner that you were posting before you wrote that long winded letter. 

It actually took quite a long time to come back, not "very little time".  Secondly, no one is saying I'm a victim except for you guys.  I"m just fine.  I give what I get.  There are 1000's of members here I have never said one word to, negative or positive.  I give what I get.  If you attack, yup I'll attack back.  That's being a victim?  Or is it just setting the record straight or giving my POV?  I'll take the latter.

I'm very respectful to people deserving of respect and acting in a respectful manner.  This isn't hard.  Not surprising when I was away, some of the same posters having the measuring contests me were having them with other posters here....which is why I always laugh when I'm accused of being the sole participant.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1473 on: December 19, 2019, 02:05:46 PM »
Tower, you happy Patricia is coming back?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1474 on: December 19, 2019, 02:18:38 PM »
It is consistent with history of the Ford family with regard to the Lions.   Not surprised.    Remember, this is the family that held on to Matt Millen from 2001-2008.   I do, however, think that when the hatchet falls, it will be on both Quinn and Patricia.

feedback