[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[May 07, 2024, 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL Thread 2019-2020  (Read 319716 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NFL Thread 2019-2020
« Reply #1275 on: November 25, 2019, 06:45:03 AM »
Packers clearly aren’t nearly as good as their record. Even wins that looked good at the time really aren’t. But their upcoming schedule is so weak that 4-1 is very doable. 12-4 with a wild card road game to New Orleans?  Oy....

I highly doubt Minnesota wins out. They aren’t as good as their 8-3 record either. NFC North got very overrated early on.

If the Packers finish 12-4 they’re winning the division, as they have the tie breaker with MN (who’s currently 1-2 in the division).
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1276 on: November 25, 2019, 07:57:46 AM »
I highly doubt Minnesota wins out. They aren’t as good as their 8-3 record either. NFC North got very overrated early on.

If the Packers finish 12-4 they’re winning the division, as they have the tie breaker with MN (who’s currently 1-2 in the division).

To be fair, as soon as I hit "Post" I thought, "we're probably going to lose in Detroit."
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1277 on: November 25, 2019, 09:29:21 AM »
Packers clearly aren’t nearly as good as their record. Even wins that looked good at the time really aren’t. But their upcoming schedule is so weak that 4-1 is very doable. 12-4 with a wild card road game to New Orleans?  Oy....

But their schedule is so marshmallow soft they still have a great chance to finish 12-4 or 13-3.  It’s like they got the UW Madison extension schedule.  Get a few playoff games in Lambeau and who knows what can happen.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

• All American
« Reply #1278 on: November 25, 2019, 10:44:43 AM »
UW's strength of schedule this year is top ten in the country.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1279 on: November 25, 2019, 11:07:50 AM »
UW's strength of schedule this year is top ten in the country.

LOL.   44th in one ranking.  48th in another.  46th in another.  51st in another. 

I think you mean UW-madison extension's strength of schedule is top ten in the Big Ten this year....which is also saying something.  Where on earth do you see where they have a top 10 schedule? 

Did you mean Green Bay's schedule?  It is ranked around 10th...but will fall considering who they have left...only one winning team left on the schedule.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

• All American
« Reply #1280 on: November 25, 2019, 11:16:21 AM »
LOL.   44th in one ranking.  48th in another.  46th in another.  51st in another. 

I got it here.  If this is the wrong metric or a bad site, that's fine.  Wrong topic anyway.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1281 on: November 25, 2019, 08:27:58 PM »
This just in.Lamar Jackson is pretty f'n good.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #1282 on: November 25, 2019, 09:08:29 PM »
Ravens and 49ers repeat Super Bowl?
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1283 on: November 25, 2019, 09:10:54 PM »

@SharpFootball:

Lamar Jackson cap hits:
2020: 2.6M
2021: 3.0M

Jared Goff cap hits:
2020: 36.0M
2021: 32.5M
2022: 30.5M
2023: 30.0M
2024: 26.0M

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1284 on: November 25, 2019, 10:18:59 PM »

If the season ended today, is he the MVP?

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1285 on: November 25, 2019, 11:27:45 PM »
If the season ended today, is he the MVP?

Think it's a race between him and Tom Brady's PR guy

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1286 on: November 25, 2019, 11:57:08 PM »
Ravens and 49ers repeat Super Bowl?
Repeat of the game in New Orleans when the lights went out...Harbaugh vs Harbaugh...my wife and I were there.  Don’t they play this year, too?  Jackson was 31st in passing completion % last year, now around 10th...pretty amazing.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1287 on: November 26, 2019, 01:29:02 PM »
Lost in all the other stuff that happened last weekend was the fact that the Panthers succeeded in getting a defensive pass interference penalty called on the Saints after the refs had missed it.

It came on a third down in the red zone with a couple minutes left in a tie game. Panthers WR Jarius Wright was running a crossing pattern and appeared to break into the open, but a nanosecond after QB Kyle Allen released the ball, DB C.J. Gardner-Johnson reached out his arm at the 3-yard line, preventing Wright from continuing his route. The pass, which was thrown ahead of Wright to lead him into the end zone, fell incomplete.

Rivera got all the info from his coaches and players and threw the red flag. Only about 5% of interference calls (or non-calls) have been reversed all season, but Rivera thought the case was good for this one even though it wasn't nearly as egregious as the missed call against the Saints in last year's playoffs.

Rivera ended up being right, as interference was called and the Panthers were given a first down at the 3.

Then they proceeded to go 7 yards backward on the next three plays, setting up a missed 28-yard FG. And then Brees marched the Saints to the winning kick.

Had the Panthers gone on to score a TD there, and had the Saints not been able to tie it, that reversal would have been one of the main topics discussed from NFL Week 12:

The team that got "screwed" because of a non-call in the playoffs, successfully lobbied for the new rule. The rule has only rarely resulted in changed calls, but this would have been a huge one against the Saints.

The irony would have been delicious. Unfortunately, the Panthers suck too much to make it matter.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1288 on: November 26, 2019, 02:57:51 PM »
Lost in all the other stuff that happened last weekend was the fact that the Panthers succeeded in getting a defensive pass interference penalty called on the Saints after the refs had missed it.

It came on a third down in the red zone with a couple minutes left in a tie game. Panthers WR Jarius Wright was running a crossing pattern and appeared to break into the open, but a nanosecond after QB Kyle Allen released the ball, DB C.J. Gardner-Johnson reached out his arm at the 3-yard line, preventing Wright from continuing his route. The pass, which was thrown ahead of Wright to lead him into the end zone, fell incomplete.

Rivera got all the info from his coaches and players and threw the red flag. Only about 5% of interference calls (or non-calls) have been reversed all season, but Rivera thought the case was good for this one even though it wasn't nearly as egregious as the missed call against the Saints in last year's playoffs.

Rivera ended up being right, as interference was called and the Panthers were given a first down at the 3.

Then they proceeded to go 7 yards backward on the next three plays, setting up a missed 28-yard FG. And then Brees marched the Saints to the winning kick.

Had the Panthers gone on to score a TD there, and had the Saints not been able to tie it, that reversal would have been one of the main topics discussed from NFL Week 12:

The team that got "screwed" because of a non-call in the playoffs, successfully lobbied for the new rule. The rule has only rarely resulted in changed calls, but this would have been a huge one against the Saints.

The irony would have been delicious. Unfortunately, the Panthers suck too much to make it matter.

They miss Cam Newton, especially in the red zone.  When healthy, his legs were an incredible weapon. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1289 on: November 26, 2019, 06:49:19 PM »
They miss Cam Newton, especially in the red zone.  When healthy, his legs were an incredible weapon.

Yes, when healthy...all agree.  He hasn’t been in a long time...better off with a QB that is healthy than one hurt....been saying that for months.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1290 on: November 26, 2019, 09:12:09 PM »
Yes, when healthy...all agree.  He hasn’t been in a long time...better off with a QB that is healthy than one hurt....been saying that for months.

No you haven't.

And even if you had.  Damn Cheeks.  You really are a genius.  A team is better off without a guy physically incapable of playing?  Shooooooot.  Nobody but you could come up with that hard hitting analysis!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1291 on: November 26, 2019, 09:24:39 PM »
No you haven't.

And even if you had.  Damn Cheeks.  You really are a genius.  A team is better off without a guy physically incapable of playing?  Shooooooot.  Nobody but you could come up with that hard hitting analysis!

Absolutely said it....Lenny called you a liar a few times tonight, now I see why.  There are several of these.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58916.msg1162458#msg1162458

Incidentally many teams play an injured guy over a healthy one, as no doubt you are aware.  Not sure why the Panthers kept doing it.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 09:43:07 PM by Cheeks »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1292 on: November 26, 2019, 09:24:59 PM »

The Panthers have lost 3 games this season in which they couldn't get a yard or two to score either the winning or tying TD at the end. They used to have the most devastating RPO weapon at the QB position ever, a 250+ pound guy who routinely scored TDs going through, around or over defenders. Of course they miss him. Even the first half of last season, when his shoulder wasn't 100% and he couldn't throw 25 yards downfield, his wheels were fine, he was completing nearly 70% of his passes, he was a threat to score on every play inside the 10, and the Panthers were 6-2. A shame that he's breaking down, but not totally surprising given the incredible amount of abuse his body has taken.

And yes, it is amazing that hoopaloop, and hoopaloop alone, has solved the "healthy is better than injured" riddle.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1293 on: November 26, 2019, 09:50:38 PM »
Absolutely said it....Lenny called you a liar a few times tonight, now I see why.  There are several of these.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58916.msg1162458#msg1162458

Incidentally many teams play an injured guy over a healthy one, as no doubt you are aware.  Not sure why the Panthers kept doing it.

Ahh got it. So what you should’ve said is “after I shifted the goalposts it’s the claim I made.”

Lenny was pretending we shouldn’t round numbers. He just forgot that the numbers he himself was using were rounded. Doh!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1294 on: November 26, 2019, 10:19:46 PM »
Ahh got it. So what you should’ve said is “after I shifted the goalposts it’s the claim I made.”

Lenny was pretending we shouldn’t round numbers. He just forgot that the numbers he himself was using were rounded. Doh!

Nope.  Good try, go read the old posts.

I think he just called you stupid, too.  You two chums have a blessed Thanksgiving.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1295 on: November 27, 2019, 06:33:58 AM »
Nope.  Good try, go read the old posts.

I think he just called you stupid, too.  You two chums have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Yeah he is fine with someone who shoots a lower percentage from 3 taking the same number of attempts per game. I’ll let you decide who’s stupid.

Didn’t need to shift any goalposts. Your claim was dumb. You then pretended you stated something else. Per usual.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1296 on: November 27, 2019, 08:56:14 AM »
Lenny called you (wades) a liar a few times tonight, now I see why. 

Ah ... so if Lenny calls somebody a liar, that person automatically is a liar? Good to know!

Let's see ... what Scooper has Lenny called a liar hundreds (maybe thousands) of times? Who could it be? Hmmm?

Hey hoopaloop ... thanks for admitting you're a pathological liar!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1297 on: November 27, 2019, 01:10:20 PM »
Ah ... so if Lenny calls somebody a liar, that person automatically is a liar? Good to know!

Let's see ... what Scooper has Lenny called a liar hundreds (maybe thousands) of times? Who could it be? Hmmm?

Hey hoopaloop ... thanks for admitting you're a pathological liar!

Nope, nice try again.  Giving Wades a heads up to push back on the nonsense here. 

Called Lenny a liar hundreds or maybe thousands of times...false and provably false....search function my dear.  That's become a habit of yours of late.  Oh well.  Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1298 on: November 27, 2019, 01:18:13 PM »
Nope, nice try again.  Giving Wades a heads up to push back on the nonsense here. 

Called Lenny a liar hundreds or maybe thousands of times...false and provably false....search function my dear.  That's become a habit of yours of late.  Oh well.  Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas

Read again.

82 was saying Lenny called you a liar.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1299 on: November 27, 2019, 02:17:14 PM »
Read again.

82 was saying Lenny called you a liar.

Thank you. Maybe a million times. (Only slight hyperbole.)

Again, nice to see hoopaloop admit to being a liar. We should go easy on him, though. Pathological liars can't help it.

feedback