[Today at 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL Thread 2019-2020  (Read 319831 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: NFL Thread 2019-2020
« Reply #1175 on: November 18, 2019, 07:51:13 AM »
Carolina misses Cam Newton as Kyle Allen has regressed
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1176 on: November 18, 2019, 09:58:54 AM »
If Nagy is really moving on from mitch, fine. But you need to move more pieces around. Trade Mack and maybe Hicks for picks. Need more draft availability.

Build around jackson/Smith on defense.

Not sure who to build around on offense?

Except Jackson and Smith won’t be near as effective without teams doubling Mack on every play.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1177 on: November 18, 2019, 10:06:12 AM »
Carolina better without Cam....
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1178 on: November 18, 2019, 10:30:51 AM »
Carolina better without Cam....

Lots of issues with My Panthers tm right now.

(Glass houses. And stuff.  Bears.)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1179 on: November 18, 2019, 10:32:47 AM »
Carolina misses Cam Newton as Kyle Allen has regressed

Zero wins with Cam at helm in a year.  Allen, many more than zero
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1180 on: November 18, 2019, 10:40:09 AM »

Bad hot take remains bad.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1181 on: November 18, 2019, 10:59:19 AM »
I very much believe Nagy went rogue, pulled Mitch, Bears scrambled behind the scenes to get their stories straight for postgame.

Mitch's body language in his post game presser is dead man walking.

This is all a circus and a sideshow from the real problem...the team and organization suck.

Bingo.  He's 100% seeing the writing on the wall and trying to shift blame.  We all know Mitch isnt the guy and doesn't have it, but he wasn't the issue last night for once.  I said a few weeks ago Nagy lost the locker room, and this probably only gonna make it worse.  Mitch looked shattered walking off the field.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1182 on: November 18, 2019, 11:05:19 AM »

two games vs. eight games. Hardly a fair comparison
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1183 on: November 18, 2019, 12:23:42 PM »
Bingo.  He's 100% seeing the writing on the wall and trying to shift blame.  We all know Mitch isnt the guy and doesn't have it, but he wasn't the issue last night for once.  I said a few weeks ago Nagy lost the locker room, and this probably only gonna make it worse.  Mitch looked shattered walking off the field.

I'm sure someone has an example, but off the top of my head, I don't know if I can recall someone more emotionally dejected than Mitch after he got told he was coming out of that game. I'm sorry, but if he was injured and kept playing through it, there's no way he reacts like he did. It honestly looked like someone told him his dog died, and his post game presser was just depressing to watch.

The locker room is for sure lost, between Miller and Patterson last night, Mack's overall body language the last month, this team and organization is in total shambles. They are going to go 5-11, and the Raiders are going to get a great pick.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1184 on: November 18, 2019, 12:24:34 PM »

While I agree that Nagy deserves a lot of blame, I think ultimately the onus is on Pace. He is the one that made the two biggest moves that a GM has to make in any NFL organization - GM and head coach. It's looking more and more like he blew it on both accounts.

But the Trubisky pick is what screwed the team the most. Not only that he picked the worst of the 3 options, but they he gave up valuable draft capital to make the mistake. If there is only one QB that everyone says is going to be picked high, then you take him and live with it if he fails. When there are 3 guys, you don't give up assets to move up 1 spot. You still have 2 fallbacks.

One other point about the game. It was fun watching 2 of the young offensive geniuses look like complete failures last night. These 2 offensive gurus are entirely dependent on their defenses to have any chance to win. Both have QBs who have clearly regressed under their teaching. Once teams had tape of the advanced systems, they don't work without a good to great QB..

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #1185 on: November 18, 2019, 12:41:14 PM »
I'm sure someone has an example, but off the top of my head, I don't know if I can recall someone more emotionally dejected than Mitch after he got told he was coming out of that game. I'm sorry, but if he was injured and kept playing through it, there's no way he reacts like he did. It honestly looked like someone told him his dog died, and his post game presser was just depressing to watch.

The locker room is for sure lost, between Miller and Patterson last night, Mack's overall body language the last month, this team and organization is in total shambles. They are going to go 5-11, and the Raiders are going to get a great pick.

Lovie's 81-63 record looks better and better each day. Sans last year, it has been a clown show since he departed.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1186 on: November 18, 2019, 12:49:54 PM »
One other point about the game. It was fun watching 2 of the young offensive geniuses look like complete failures last night. These 2 offensive gurus are entirely dependent on their defenses to have any chance to win. Both have QBs who have clearly regressed under their teaching. Once teams had tape of the advanced systems, they don't work without a good to great QB..

I don't think this is completely fair to McVay.  He's not been great this year, but this is year 3, not year 1.  He took Goff who was a mess year 1 before McVay got there, molded him year 2, and by year 3 he had a great year as the team excelled.  Its not like the league didn't have advanced tape on him last year from the year before.  The Rams offense is looking rough, but they are also pretty banged up.  Cooks and Woods havent been totally healthy.  Gurley looked good last night, but he's been a ghost of himself for most of the year, and the offense really ran through him last year.  Being in the best division in football doesn't help.

I think the thing with Nagy that I don't know how Pace could have saw coming is his inability to adapt or have confidence in things when it gets rocky.  Kickers, Trubisky, a running game.  He loses faith quickly and then cant stick to his plan or system, its terrible.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1187 on: November 18, 2019, 01:00:09 PM »

I think the thing with Nagy that I don't know how Pace could have saw coming is his inability to adapt or have confidence in things when it gets rocky.  Kickers, Trubisky, a running game.  He loses faith quickly and then cant stick to his plan or system, its terrible.

I always like to see a young coach go through tough times cuz that is when you get a read on him. Nagy has failed that test so far.

We will see what happens when GB hits a roadblock and what LaFleur does (granted AR will make the road way less bumpy).

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1188 on: November 18, 2019, 01:38:52 PM »
I don't think this is completely fair to McVay.  He's not been great this year, but this is year 3, not year 1.  He took Goff who was a mess year 1 before McVay got there, molded him year 2, and by year 3 he had a great year as the team excelled.  Its not like the league didn't have advanced tape on him last year from the year before.  The Rams offense is looking rough, but they are also pretty banged up.  Cooks and Woods havent been totally healthy.  Gurley looked good last night, but he's been a ghost of himself for most of the year, and the offense really ran through him last year.  Being in the best division in football doesn't help.

The Patriots showed the entire NFL the blueprint to slowing down the Rams offense. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1189 on: November 19, 2019, 08:15:57 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/theres-reason-to-believe-nf-ls-colin-kaepernick-workout-was-a-trojan-horse-044606049.html

So, perhaps, the NFL had a different set of motives in setting up Kaepernick's workout.    And maybe, just maybe, Kaepernick and his attorneys recognized them and THAT is why the alternative workout site.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1190 on: November 19, 2019, 08:28:14 AM »

I always like to see a young coach go through tough times cuz that is when you get a read on him. Nagy has failed that test so far.

We will see what happens when GB hits a roadblock and what LaFleur does (granted AR will make the road way less bumpy).

Granted, it was a speed bump.  But they regrouped pretty good for the Carolina game.

I listened to Nagy's long winded presser yesterday.  He's completely lost.  And his Mitch explanation didn't ring true at all.  Long road for the Bears going forward. 

Betcha that Mack wishes the trade to the Packers would have worked out.  His remaining best years will be wasted.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1191 on: November 19, 2019, 09:43:18 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/theres-reason-to-believe-nf-ls-colin-kaepernick-workout-was-a-trojan-horse-044606049.html

So, perhaps, the NFL had a different set of motives in setting up Kaepernick's workout.    And maybe, just maybe, Kaepernick and his attorneys recognized them and THAT is why the alternative workout site.

A head coach would have the most to gain or lose if their team signed Colin, yet the NFL made sure they were not allowed to attend the workout. It was an utter sham. Typical Goodell.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1192 on: November 19, 2019, 01:11:03 PM »
In other news, Rivers is toast, its painful watching him try to throw the ball.  I cant see the Chargers giving him another deal.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1193 on: November 19, 2019, 07:29:57 PM »
Publicity stunt...why when he had a chance...Jay Z not happy...NFL not happy...Nike happy?

SMDH
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1194 on: November 19, 2019, 07:30:21 PM »
In other news, Rivers is toast, its painful watching him try to throw the ball.  I cant see the Chargers giving him another deal.

Brady to Chargers has a lot of legs

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1195 on: November 19, 2019, 08:50:45 PM »
Brady to Chargers has a lot of legs

Heard this first from Pat McAfee

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1196 on: November 19, 2019, 08:52:41 PM »
Prediction: Mike McCarthy will be the next coach of the Atlanta Falcons.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1197 on: November 19, 2019, 09:47:27 PM »

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1198 on: November 19, 2019, 10:42:04 PM »
Publicity stunt...why when he had a chance...Jay Z not happy...NFL not happy...Nike happy?

SMDH

Jay Z sold his soul to the NFL. He’s saying what he’s told to say. A friend of mine left Roc Nation after the deal was announced.  Kap called the NFL’s bluff.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1199 on: November 19, 2019, 11:59:39 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter