[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL Thread 2019-2020  (Read 319739 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NFL Thread 2019-2020
« Reply #1100 on: November 15, 2019, 02:09:30 PM »
You talking about that hit in the secondary?  What I don't know because I didn't watch the game is whether bad blood had been brewing the entire contest.  There's no doubt that on that last play Rudolph was initially grabbing at Garrett's helmet.  Not at all saying he deserved what he got but one can at least understand why Garrett was angry.  Anyway, it's going to cost a few guys a helluva lot of money, minimum.

He was grabbing at Garrett's helmet because well after he threw the ball, in a game that was over and Garrett shouldn't have even been in the game, Garrett continued to drag him to the ground.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1101 on: November 15, 2019, 02:23:12 PM »
He shouldn't face criminal charges and my guess is that NFL players agree not to sue one another as part of their contract.

that's up to the prosecutor, not the players. 
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1102 on: November 15, 2019, 02:33:15 PM »
He was grabbing at Garrett's helmet because well after he threw the ball, in a game that was over and Garrett shouldn't have even been in the game, Garrett continued to drag him to the ground.

I'm not defending Garrett in the least.  The whole incident escalated to a Holy Crap moment as we've all discussed.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1103 on: November 15, 2019, 02:47:43 PM »
that's up to the prosecutor, not the players.

Criminal charges would be up to the prosecutor's office 
A civil claim would be up to the player.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1104 on: November 15, 2019, 06:02:09 PM »
@RapSheet: #Steelers QB Mason Rudolph won’t take legal action against #Browns DE Myles Garrett after last night’s melee, source said. Rudolph considers the situation to be exclusively an NFL matter.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1105 on: November 15, 2019, 06:19:10 PM »

Purely anecdotal and not suggestive of what will be done here: there were no legal charges of any sort in Albert Haynesworth's stomping incident.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1106 on: November 15, 2019, 10:03:16 PM »

Right, but the comment was involved criminal charges
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1108 on: November 15, 2019, 10:30:59 PM »
We’re back to unhinged cheeks.

LOL.

A lot of people viewed her remarks that way because of her history of remarks.  You believe what you want, she realized how stupid they were and deleted them and has been called out all day for it. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1109 on: November 15, 2019, 10:37:12 PM »
LOL.

A lot of people viewed her remarks that way because of her history of remarks.  You believe what you want, she realized how stupid they were and deleted them and has been called out all day for it.

Thankfully I’m an independent thinker and don’t need journalists to tell me what I should think of a Tweet. I read the Tweet. She was not implying what you claimed she was.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1110 on: November 15, 2019, 11:00:20 PM »
@RapSheet: #Steelers QB Mason Rudolph won’t take legal action against #Browns DE Myles Garrett after last night’s melee, source said. Rudolph considers the situation to be exclusively an NFL matter.

I’m sure Rudolph was told it isn’t something he could win. To win, he would have to prove damages. There were none unless in the future he claims PTSD. Also, there is the fact that Rudolph was the attacker here. He went after Garrett and then Garrett hit him with the helmet 

I don’t say this to justify what Garrett did. He got the proper punishment.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1112 on: November 16, 2019, 10:25:53 AM »
Ms. Anderson finally apologizes today, after her second absurd tweet also had people questioning her.  Better late than never, but she will certainly not disappoint again with more of tweets in the future.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1113 on: November 16, 2019, 10:26:20 AM »
Congrats on citing a bunch of poorly written articles that also place their own spin on the tweet. I quoted it verbatim. Not sure what you are trying to accomplish here, except to maybe try to justify why people say you are "unhinged" at times.

I wonder why she apologized today.  LOL

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1114 on: November 16, 2019, 10:30:04 AM »
Ms. Anderson finally apologizes today, after her second absurd tweet also had people questioning her.  Better late than never, but she will certainly not disappoint again with more of tweets in the future.

Stick to sports.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1115 on: November 16, 2019, 10:34:44 AM »
I wonder why she apologized today.  LOL

What is your point on all of this?

That one person on ESPN went over the top and said something idiotic? I mean, don't Doug Gottlieb, Skip Bayless and Screamin' A. Smith say stupid stuff all the time?

Are you trying to claim there's some larger conspiracy or something here, or is it just your snowflakey hyper-sensitivity as a persecuted white male that's kicking in again?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1116 on: November 16, 2019, 10:50:05 AM »
I would think that you would embrace the kindred spirit of one prone to staying stupid stuff.    Must be a different kind of stupid stuff.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1117 on: November 16, 2019, 11:21:41 AM »
What is your point on all of this?

That one person on ESPN went over the top and said something idiotic? I mean, don't Doug Gottlieb, Skip Bayless and Screamin' A. Smith say stupid stuff all the time?

Are you trying to claim there's some larger conspiracy or something here, or is it just your snowflakey hyper-sensitivity as a persecuted white male that's kicking in again?

Your hypocrisy is stunning...as are those you support.  That was my point in all this.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1118 on: November 16, 2019, 11:22:45 AM »
I would think that you would embrace the kindred spirit of one prone to staying stupid stuff.    Must be a different kind of stupid stuff.

Must be....I’m just glad her little siren song bull crap got called out....same nonsense from a bunch of folks, she stepped in this one...amazed she apologized.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1119 on: November 16, 2019, 11:23:50 AM »
Thankfully I’m an independent thinker and don’t need journalists to tell me what I should think of a Tweet. I read the Tweet. She was not implying what you claimed she was.

That must be why she apologized....and of course when you connect her history of tweets.....well that is why people went there....but I am glad you are an independent thinker....lol.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1120 on: November 16, 2019, 11:30:25 AM »
Congrats on citing a bunch of poorly written articles that also place their own spin on the tweet. I quoted it verbatim. Not sure what you are trying to accomplish here, except to maybe try to justify why people say you are "unhinged" at times.
He is trying to yet again destroy a thread, this time by trying to bring in racism, because he is an oppressed white victim.  It's what the weasel does.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1121 on: November 16, 2019, 11:34:35 AM »
He is trying to yet again destroy a thread, this time by trying to bring in racism, because he is an oppressed white victim.  It's what the weasel does.

The subject was Myles Garrett incident, and part of it was why and how he acted.  A prominent sports media outlet, ESPN, had one of their reporters DEFEND Garret’s actions and SHE brought this to light in the public.

Now, still waiting for you to admit you were wrong about the investing thread...why is that so hard for you...or is that you being a weasel?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1122 on: November 16, 2019, 11:43:28 AM »
When the white male assistant GM apologizes for his inappropriate actions it’s because the PC police and SJWs but we don’t know his intent and he did nothing wrong. When the African American female apologizes it’s indisputable proof that her Tweet was inappropriate.

Yup. We’re in full unhinged mode.

Have it both ways Cheeks. It’s what you do.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 12:01:59 PM by GarciasWorld »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1123 on: November 16, 2019, 12:39:45 PM »
Your hypocrisy is stunning...as are those you support.  That was my point in all this.

It's hypocritical to complain about hypocrisy from one viewpoint but not all viewpoints.

And for someone who is against cancel culture, you're certainly using the same logic and tactics here against her.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1124 on: November 16, 2019, 02:48:10 PM »

Please point to one thing I said on this Myles Garrett subject that was hypocritical.

If you can, I will admit it.

If not, I accept your apology
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback