[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL Thread 2019-2020  (Read 319740 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NFL Thread 2019-2020
« Reply #875 on: November 03, 2019, 06:47:59 PM »
Read your own link.

"There was a pool report that I'm assuming most have read. There was one that was clear that we support. And there was another that when you look at it, you review the play, not something that you want to see called. In particular the pass rush. One that you could support, the other one clearly after you review it, you've seen some [slow motion replay], the foul wasn't there."

Says one was a penalty (the first) the second was not. Your link confirms what I said, because it is the same quote I based my statement on.

Lol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #876 on: November 03, 2019, 07:08:11 PM »
Didn't see any of the Packers or Bears games because Mrs. 82 and I were at the Panthers game, enjoying a solid performance by our lads. Kyle Allen played well, his receivers made several huge catches, the defense was mostly good, and McCaffrey is incredible. Has to be one of the leading MVP candidates.

"Riverboat Ron" made two huge gambles and both came out perfectly. Went for it on 4th-and-2 from the 7 and somehow McCaffrey was left uncovered for a walk-in TD. I had said that I thought they should kick the FG, so I was thrilled to admit I was wrong. And in the 2H, after Tennessee had stolen momentum by scoring to make it 17-7 and then apparently getting the Panthers 3-and-out, Rivera called for a fake punt and the run picked up the necessary yards; a few plays later, Allen hit DJ Moore on a long pass to set up the 2nd of 3 McCaffrey TDs.

The fake punt was especially ballsy. Get stopped there, and Tennessee gets the ball right back, probably goes in to score, and it's a nail-biter the rest of the way.

After getting our doors blown in last week at San Fran, I was worried it might start a losing streak, especially with the Panthers having to play in Green Bay next week.

Instead, I'm quite encouraged going into that game now. Here's hoping the Pack plays as poorly as they apparently did today (after reading all y'all's posts).
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #877 on: November 03, 2019, 07:09:06 PM »
A bad day for the NFC North.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #878 on: November 03, 2019, 07:15:50 PM »
A bad day for the NFC North.

You mean the Greatest Division in the History of Mankind?

In fairness, the teams collectively had been kicking butt much of the season so I understand all the love the division was getting.

But the Bears are toast, the Lions are the Lions, and now apparently the Packers and Vikings are showing some warts. That's the Parity Football League for ya!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #879 on: November 03, 2019, 07:28:31 PM »
The Lions will always be the Lions.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #880 on: November 03, 2019, 09:48:48 PM »
The Lions will always be the Lions.

You ain't lion!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #881 on: November 03, 2019, 10:07:57 PM »
DOWN GO THE PATRIOTS!

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #882 on: November 03, 2019, 10:13:37 PM »
DOWN GO THE PATRIOTS!

First time they play a real team, they get beat. If it wasn't for two really opportunistic turnovers, this one would have been a blowout.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #883 on: November 03, 2019, 10:20:54 PM »
First time they play a real team, they get beat. If it wasn't for two really opportunistic turnovers, this one would have been a blowout.

Yup. Everything you said here.

The 2 great bets this week were Philly and Balt.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #884 on: November 04, 2019, 07:27:33 AM »
LACES OUT INDY!!!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #885 on: November 04, 2019, 08:47:47 AM »
Read your own link.

"There was a pool report that I'm assuming most have read. There was one that was clear that we support. And there was another that when you look at it, you review the play, not something that you want to see called. In particular the pass rush. One that you could support, the other one clearly after you review it, you've seen some [slow motion replay], the foul wasn't there."

Says one was a penalty (the first) the second was not. Your link confirms what I said, because it is the same quote I based my statement on.

I did...one was NOT.   Furthermore, the fact he can even say one he could “support” when it was the same action is laughable, but I am glad you agree that they admitted at least one of them was a blown call.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #886 on: November 04, 2019, 08:48:22 AM »
Oh Mr. Whitehead...
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #887 on: November 04, 2019, 09:05:29 AM »
I did...one was NOT.   Furthermore, the fact he can even say one he could “support” when it was the same action is laughable, but I am glad you agree that they admitted at least one of them was a blown call.

Which is in direct contradiction from what you claimed.  You claimed that the call the refs got correct led to a Packers touchdown that the Packers should not have gotten.  The call was correct though, so...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #888 on: November 04, 2019, 09:11:04 AM »
Oh Mr. Whitehead...

Cat ain't no Rhode Scholar outta Auburn, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #889 on: November 04, 2019, 09:42:53 AM »
DOWN GO THE PATRIOTS!

Got Chargers and Ravens right in my pool this week. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #890 on: November 04, 2019, 09:44:52 AM »
Which is in direct contradiction from what you claimed.  You claimed that the call the refs got correct led to a Packers touchdown that the Packers should not have gotten.  The call was correct though, so...

I said both calls...or did you miss “then the next call...”

And they missed both calls, because the exact same incident happened.  Now, they made no claim whatsoever that they missed the obvious call you claimed they missed...must not have been...right?

Refs did Lions dirty that game.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #891 on: November 04, 2019, 09:46:49 AM »

Cat ain't no Rhode Scholar outta Auburn, hey?

Imagine a different author for a moment...ponder the reaction...

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #892 on: November 04, 2019, 09:50:24 AM »
Imagine a different author for a moment...ponder the reaction...

We're all shocked that you're trying to take it this direction.
The guy was cut because of this. Which seems appropriate. You also want a public flogging?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 09:53:42 AM by Pakuni »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #893 on: November 04, 2019, 10:50:27 AM »
We're all shocked that you're trying to take it this direction.
The guy was cut because of this. Which seems appropriate. You also want a public flogging?

Jockey would claim that he needs to be "destroyed."

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #894 on: November 04, 2019, 10:56:49 AM »

Cheeks would claim that PC culture has ruined another life.
Well, you know, if certain factors were present.
And I'll say no more so as not to completely derail the NFL thread.

How 'bout them Browns?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #895 on: November 04, 2019, 11:16:42 AM »

not jesse "jockstrap" jackson!! 
don't...don't don't don't don't

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #896 on: November 04, 2019, 11:27:43 AM »
Has a reigning NFL Coach of the Year ever been fired?
I know there's a lot of season left to play, but Matt Nagy is caught in a death spiral, mostly of his own making.

I know you said NFL Coach of the Year, but Matt Nagy = Dwane Casey (maybe)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #897 on: November 04, 2019, 11:45:19 AM »
I gave my tickets yesterday to a Packers fan here at office.  He said the stadium was at minimum 85% Packers fans.  Could not understand all the false starts, etc for a “home” game.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #898 on: November 04, 2019, 12:21:03 PM »
I said both calls...or did you miss “then the next call...”

And they missed both calls, because the exact same incident happened.  Now, they made no claim whatsoever that they missed the obvious call you claimed they missed...must not have been...right?

Refs did Lions dirty that game.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Yes, you said both calls were wrong. You cited an article as your proof...an article that explained that one of the two calls, the one that extended a Packers drive and resulted in a touchdown, was correctly called. The article you cited proved your point...to be wrong.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #899 on: November 04, 2019, 12:40:11 PM »
I know you said NFL Coach of the Year, but Matt Nagy = Dwane Casey (maybe)

The problem is that Nagy has learned nothing in a year and a half. When it comes down to his "system" vs what he sees with his eyes, he always chooses his system.

We will see how Lafleur reacts as teams get film on his system. Early indications are good, but we'll see. I thought going into yesterdays game he chose the system over what his eyes (or anyone's) could see. Everyone knew that Bosa was going to disrupt things. He is as close to a young JJ Watt as we will see. Yet his game plan stuck with the system over game-planning for Bosa specifically. We saw the results in the 1st half and even to some extent in the 2nd half.

Being able to game plan for specific opponents is the biggest factor in Belichick's greatness, IMO.

As an aside, thanks for your defense, Pakuni. It amuses me every time one of the 4 simpletons (chico, rocket, 4never and Zig) fall back on the same line. I assume they PM each other and giggle about how clever they are). And as I have said before, my wife laughs at those comments every time. Well, she actually laughs at whomever posted the comments.