[Today at 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL Thread 2019-2020  (Read 319783 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: NFL Thread 2019-2020
« Reply #500 on: October 13, 2019, 05:57:28 PM »
Hoopaloop = Know-nothing troll.

Go Panthers!

You aren't helping things.  I have my opinion, you have yours. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #501 on: October 13, 2019, 05:59:29 PM »
Just to be clear.

Do you believe the Panthers are better off without a healthy Cam Newton?

Or do you believe the Panthers are only better off without an injured Cam Newton?

I was very clear about this in this thread.  Panthers are not better off with an injured Cam playing, in my opinion.  He hasn't been healthy in a long time.  Seems like others are coming around to the conclusion now, too.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #502 on: October 13, 2019, 06:06:38 PM »
I was very clear about this in this thread.  Panthers are not better off with an injured Cam playing, in my opinion.  He hasn't been healthy in a long time.  Seems like others are coming around to the conclusion now, too.

Excellent job not answering jesmu's question: "Do you believe the Panthers are better off without a healthy Cam Newton?"

It's also cute how you think you were "first" in believing the obvious. And BTW, folks in Charlotte have been talking for weeks about the team possibly deciding to dump Cam after this season.

You aren't helping things.  I have my opinion, you have yours. 

Ah. Panthers better without Cam.... followed by several pages of unmitigated BS was helping things. Thanks for the clarification, troll.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #503 on: October 13, 2019, 06:24:52 PM »
Three weeks ago

Cowboys 3-0
Chiefs 3-0
Rams 3-0

Since then

Combined 1-8 record.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #504 on: October 13, 2019, 06:27:18 PM »
Cowboys are terrible. Dak isn't exactly playing his way into a big contract.

They are the “Michigan” of the NFL.

Perpetually overrated with a coach that isn’t as great as he thinks he is. At least Michigan doesn’t have to put up with a bumbling owner. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #505 on: October 13, 2019, 06:27:29 PM »
Excellent job not answering jesmu's question: "Do you believe the Panthers are better off without a healthy Cam Newton?"

It's also cute how you think you were "first" in believing the obvious. And BTW, folks in Charlotte have been talking for weeks about the team possibly deciding to dump Cam after this season.

Ah. Panthers better without Cam.... followed by several pages of unmitigated BS was helping things. Thanks for the clarification, troll.

It seems weird that the coaching staff didn't pick it up if all these trolls did so much earlier.  They work with Cam every day, but thought he should play instead of sitting him to get better and heal, and thus give the team a better shot to win.  Odd.  Something in the water the coaches are drinking?  Unable to see what others are seeing?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #506 on: October 13, 2019, 06:28:36 PM »

Perpetually overrated with a coach that isn’t as great as he thinks he is. At least Michigan doesn’t have to put up with a bumbling owner.

I don't know if Garrett thinks he is great, he's never proven it anywhere.  Harbaugh at least has won some big games at other stops, including taking a team to the Super Bowl.  And yes, Jerrah being Jerrah is and has been a huge problem for two decades.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #507 on: October 13, 2019, 06:32:50 PM »

A few days before the Packers game I actually overheard two Cowboys fans chatting. They were talking about how this might be the best Cowboys team ever, and could go undefeated this season.

They looked irritated that I couldn't hold in my laughter.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #508 on: October 13, 2019, 06:39:54 PM »
A few days before the Packers game I actually overheard two Cowboys fans chatting. They were talking about how this might be the best Cowboys team ever, and could go undefeated this season.

They looked irritated that I couldn't hold in my laughter.

I would have laughed as well.  I've been asking for the Clapping Ginger to be fired for years now, and anything to have Jerrah fire the GM...himself.  Jerrah wants that fourth Super Bowl before he dies, but until he steps away from the process it is unlikely to happen.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #509 on: October 13, 2019, 06:49:22 PM »
I don't know if Garrett thinks he is great, he's never proven it anywhere.  Harbaugh at least has won some big games at other stops, including taking a team to the Super Bowl.  And yes, Jerrah being Jerrah is and has been a huge problem for two decades.

Please do not respond to my posts. I think you are a pathetic little man and my posts are not meant for you.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #510 on: October 13, 2019, 06:54:49 PM »

Please do not respond to my posts. I think you are a pathetic little man and my posts are not meant for you.

And I am the problem...

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #511 on: October 13, 2019, 07:19:10 PM »
JFC, its not just chicos, you other no talnent assclowns are just as bad.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #512 on: October 13, 2019, 07:57:54 PM »

Then why the Eff do you respond to him???

You, 82, Fluffy, etc. need to put him on ignore if he bothers you that much. PLEASE.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #513 on: October 13, 2019, 08:05:11 PM »

Seriously?  You get wood with responses such as this? 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #514 on: October 13, 2019, 08:13:34 PM »
Then why the Eff do you respond to him???

You, 82, Fluffy, etc. need to put him on ignore if he bothers you that much. PLEASE.

Actually, I haven’t until yesterday when I decided to try one more time. I should have known it would be no different that previous times.

I will not speak to him again and, as I requested, I don’t want him to respond to my posts. None will be meant for him.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #515 on: October 13, 2019, 08:16:46 PM »
Just put him on ignore.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #516 on: October 13, 2019, 09:21:58 PM »
Cardinals with as many losses as Rams, Cowboys, Eagles, Chargers through one third of season.  All of the then were Super Bowl contenders to start the season.  Look out America
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #517 on: October 13, 2019, 10:08:55 PM »
I said Panthers better off without Cam Newton...

The ellipsis mattered then and matters today...which led to the entire ellipsis comment since people apparently didn't know what it meant and instead concentrated on whether it was 3 or 4 dots.  LOL.  I did the ellipsis on purpose and predictably got the reaction I expected as people lost their minds.  Meanwhile, it still holds true.  Since last year and into this year, with Cam 0-8 and 13 interceptions.  Allen 4-0 and zero interceptions. 

Panthers better off without Cam Newton...true then, true today.

An ellipsis doesn't make you infallible.  Although you're Cheeks, so you're already infallible.

Seriously.  Why are you intentionally making yourself look this stupid?

You went for shock value and made a stupid claim.  You got called out for it.  You didn't even use an ellipsis correctly, so if you want to play the "you don't understand English" card, well, you didn't use English properly.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #518 on: October 13, 2019, 10:11:05 PM »
Only problem with this is, of course, you are wrong.  Bridgewater lost the first game without Brees against the Rams...yes, I know he didn't start.  Saints were also fine with Brees and with Teddy.  The Panthers have sucked with Cam since last year playing hurt, and into this year.  Big difference...Cam has been a net negative to the team since middle of last year.  Brees has not. No comparison.

So...you know you are wrong, but you're going to claim it as a win for you.

LOL!

Oh shoot!  There's an ellipsis there!  He can't be wrong!  So Teddy lost because hey!  Ellipsis!

I'm starting to doubt that you AREN'T this dumb.  Maybe you really are.

Let me just get this straight.  Your claim that you used an ellipsis meant that you knew the Panthers are better with a healthy Cam, no?  That's why you used the ellipsis, because you knew you were saying something stupid, but you meant to be saying something not stupid (a physically incapable Cam is worse for the Panthers than his healthy backup).  BUT now you're claiming that the Saints are fine with Brees OR with Teddy?  So are we saying that the Saints are fine with Brees in there with a cast on his throwing hand or...?  (Ellipsis warning!)  Or are you freudian slipping that what you really meant when your (incorrectly used) ellipsis saved you! was that you think that the Panthers are better with Cam's backup than they are with Cam Newton under center (no ellipsis necessary)?  Because that's what you're saying, given the lack of an ellipsis around your claim about the Saints situation.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 10:14:54 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #519 on: October 13, 2019, 10:17:21 PM »

In typical Cheeks fashion, a nice dodging of a simple question!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #520 on: October 13, 2019, 10:17:51 PM »
An ellipsis doesn't make you infallible.  Although you're Cheeks, so you're already infallible.

Seriously.  Why are you intentionally making yourself look this stupid?

You went for shock value and made a stupid claim.  You got called out for it.  You didn't even use an ellipsis correctly, so if you want to play the "you don't understand English" card, well, you didn't use English properly.

The English was used properly, already provided link to that proving it out.  I am not infallible.  I make plenty of mistakes and will admit them when I do.

My opinion shared by some on NFL Network and ESPN now.  Don’t think it was a bad take, but we all have our opinions.  Thanks.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #521 on: October 13, 2019, 10:20:13 PM »
Cardinals with as many losses as Rams, Cowboys, Eagles, Chargers through one third of season.  All of the then were Super Bowl contenders to start the season.  Look out America

Nobody's worried about the Cardinals.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #522 on: October 13, 2019, 10:22:29 PM »
In typical Cheeks fashion, a nice dodging of a simple question!

What simple question did I dodge? 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #523 on: October 13, 2019, 10:22:54 PM »
The English was used properly, already provided link to that proving it out.  I am not infallible. I make plenty of mistakes and will admit them when I do.

My opinion shared by some on NFL Network and ESPN now.  Don’t think it was a bad take, but we all have our opinions.  Thanks.

The next time will be the first.  Your opinion here is dumb and has been since you first stated it.

No ellipsis is necessary.  I don't need to claim there's more to it than what I wrote.  I'm not afraid of coming out and saying what I mean because what I'm saying might turn out to be wrong.  Fortunately for me I'm capable of admitting when I had a wrong take and would rather admit it was wrong than come off as clueless as you do.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #524 on: October 13, 2019, 10:23:26 PM »
What simple question did I dodge?

Read the post.

Now I'm starting to see that not only math is hard, but so is a 4th grade reading level.