[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[May 07, 2024, 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL Thread 2019-2020  (Read 319720 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: NFL Thread 2019-2020
« Reply #475 on: October 07, 2019, 10:08:31 AM »
I know nothing about Erin Andrews...can you help?  Or coaching girls middle school basketball.

Sure.

After Erin Andrews realized she had to comport herself more professionally to be taken seriously as a journalist, she became one of the better sideline reporters on TV. I have never watched one second of Dancing with the Stars, so I'll let others determine if Andrews is any good hosting that show. She has overcome quite a bit of adversity -- including cervical cancer and an incident in which some creep named Michael Barrett (not the former Cubs catcher of the same name) spied on her at a hotel -- but she has gone on to become quite wealthy, and she is now married to former NHL player Jarret Stoll. I am happy for her success.

Rather than bogging down the NFL thread with your typical dribble, you could have learned all of the above (and more) here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erin_Andrews

As for coaching middle school girls basketball, or any other basketball, one thing I am constantly learning is how much more I need to learn.

Go Panthers!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #476 on: October 07, 2019, 08:39:29 PM »
Ahem...

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=56889.msg1104825#msg1104825

(Browns fans can thank me when they make a big comeback in the second half.)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #477 on: October 07, 2019, 09:32:56 PM »
Sure.

After Erin Andrews realized she had to comport herself more professionally to be taken seriously as a journalist, she became one of the better sideline reporters on TV. I have never watched one second of Dancing with the Stars, so I'll let others determine if Andrews is any good hosting that show. She has overcome quite a bit of adversity -- including cervical cancer and an incident in which some creep named Michael Barrett (not the former Cubs catcher of the same name) spied on her at a hotel -- but she has gone on to become quite wealthy, and she is now married to former NHL player Jarret Stoll. I am happy for her success.

Rather than bogging down the NFL thread with your typical dribble, you could have learned all of the above (and more) here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erin_Andrews

As for coaching middle school girls basketball, or any other basketball, one thing I am constantly learning is how much more I need to learn.

Go Panthers!

All because you set her on the right path.  Thoughts and prayers were answered.

God bless America!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #478 on: October 07, 2019, 09:33:51 PM »

God bless America!

God Bless America!
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #479 on: October 07, 2019, 11:36:17 PM »

God bless America!

Deep pretentious bow.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #480 on: October 13, 2019, 12:35:04 PM »
Watching the “They Could Have Been Bears’ Quarterbacks Bowl” in absence of a Packer game this afternoon.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #481 on: October 13, 2019, 01:18:52 PM »
Panthers better off without Cam Newton...

Good to see ESPN now saying what I said...healthy Allen better than partially injured Cam.  ESPN speculating Cam may be gone after this year. Several Panthers players saying this is Allen’s team now.

Allen has yet to throw an interception this year.  4-0 as the QB. 

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #482 on: October 13, 2019, 01:33:29 PM »
Watching the “They Could Have Been Bears’ Quarterbacks Bowl” in absence of a Packer game this afternoon.

Bears fans can dream today. Packer fans can dream as well - for many more Mitch-filled years.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #483 on: October 13, 2019, 02:21:41 PM »

Good to see ESPN now saying what I said...healthy Allen better than partially injured Cam.  ESPN speculating Cam may be gone after this year. Several Panthers players saying this is Allen’s team now.

Except that’s not what you said lol.

Great analysis though. A team is better with their backup when their starter isn’t healthy enough to play. You really are the genius you want everyone to know you are.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #484 on: October 13, 2019, 02:23:13 PM »

To be fair, initially you did not say anything about his injury status.

You later amended.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #485 on: October 13, 2019, 02:26:50 PM »

You later amended.

But but but...

We should’ve all known what he meant and not just what he actually stated!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #486 on: October 13, 2019, 02:55:53 PM »
Saints are 4-0 since Teddy Bridgewater took over.  They’re a better team with him than Drew Brees
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #487 on: October 13, 2019, 03:14:58 PM »
Hot take: Washington should have let Fins make that two point conversion.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #488 on: October 13, 2019, 03:22:28 PM »

Mahomes was never going that that high. But I wanted Watson all year leading up to the draft and seeing him succeed hurts on a regular basis

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #489 on: October 13, 2019, 03:41:20 PM »
Hot take: Washington should have let Fins make that two point conversion.

Hoping Bill Callahan goes 7-4 and gets the job and the Redskins wallow in more mediocrity for another 4-5 years
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #490 on: October 13, 2019, 03:52:19 PM »
Except that’s not what you said lol.

Great analysis though. A team is better with their backup when their starter isn’t healthy enough to play. You really are the genius you want everyone to know you are.

This.

You later amended.

And this.

Saints are 4-0 since Teddy Bridgewater took over.  They’re a better team with him than Drew Brees

And this.

Hoopaloop be hoopaloopin' = Troll be trollin'

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #491 on: October 13, 2019, 04:05:20 PM »
I’ll squat on this one!

Boiz better without Dak..................

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #492 on: October 13, 2019, 04:46:14 PM »
Cowboys are terrible. Dak isn't exactly playing his way into a big contract.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #493 on: October 13, 2019, 05:15:32 PM »
Cowboys are terrible. Dak isn't exactly playing his way into a big contract.

Not terrible, but same old same old.  Overpaying their top players and when the top players cannot play, they have no depth.  That has been the story for two decades.  Then the clapping ginger on the sidelines...clapping and clapping.  They have continued to go after elite guys at certain positions, but when they don't play (like 4 of them today), their drop off on the depth chart is staggering.  The formula hasn't worked in a long time.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #494 on: October 13, 2019, 05:18:53 PM »

You later amended.

I said Panthers better off without Cam Newton...

The ellipsis mattered then and matters today...which led to the entire ellipsis comment since people apparently didn't know what it meant and instead concentrated on whether it was 3 or 4 dots.  LOL.  I did the ellipsis on purpose and predictably got the reaction I expected as people lost their minds.  Meanwhile, it still holds true.  Since last year and into this year, with Cam 0-8 and 13 interceptions.  Allen 4-0 and zero interceptions. 

Panthers better off without Cam Newton...true then, true today.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #495 on: October 13, 2019, 05:22:32 PM »

Hoopaloop be hoopaloopin' = Troll be trollin'

Only problem with this is, of course, you are wrong.  Bridgewater lost the first game without Brees against the Rams...yes, I know he didn't start.  Saints were also fine with Brees and with Teddy.  The Panthers have sucked with Cam since last year playing hurt, and into this year.  Big difference...Cam has been a net negative to the team since middle of last year.  Brees has not. No comparison.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #496 on: October 13, 2019, 05:23:12 PM »
Not terrible, but same old same old.  Overpaying their top players and when the top players cannot play, they have no depth.  That has been the story for two decades.  Then the clapping ginger on the sidelines...clapping and clapping.  They have continued to go after elite guys at certain positions, but when they don't play (like 4 of them today), their drop off on the depth chart is staggering.  The formula hasn't worked in a long time.

They are down 21-9 against the Jets, and look like they don't have an offense or defense. That is terrible, the rest is just excuses.

Also, Dak just doesn't see the field well. He misses wide open receivers too often for the NFL level.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #497 on: October 13, 2019, 05:26:09 PM »
They are down 21-9 against the Jets, and look like they don't have an offense or defense. That is terrible, the rest is just excuses.

Also, Dak just doesn't see the field well. He misses wide open receivers too often for the NFL level.

Clapping Ginger.  Dak doesn't play defense.

You are right, Dak is about a 4th round player which is where he was drafted.  Whether or not excuses or not, they have huge drop offs at certain positions because they do not have depth...it has been this way for years.  It is why I picked the Packers over the Cowboys and some of the braniacs here said I was wrong....hmm, guess not.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #498 on: October 13, 2019, 05:46:06 PM »
Only problem with this is, of course, you are wrong.  Bridgewater lost the first game without Brees against the Rams...yes, I know he didn't start.  Saints were also fine with Brees and with Teddy.  The Panthers have sucked with Cam since last year playing hurt, and into this year.  Big difference...Cam has been a net negative to the team since middle of last year.  Brees has not. No comparison.

Hoopaloop = Know-nothing troll.

Go Panthers!

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #499 on: October 13, 2019, 05:53:09 PM »
I said Panthers better off without Cam Newton...

The ellipsis mattered then and matters today...which led to the entire ellipsis comment since people apparently didn't know what it meant and instead concentrated on whether it was 3 or 4 dots.  LOL.  I did the ellipsis on purpose and predictably got the reaction I expected as people lost their minds.  Meanwhile, it still holds true.  Since last year and into this year, with Cam 0-8 and 13 interceptions.  Allen 4-0 and zero interceptions. 

Panthers better off without Cam Newton...true then, true today.

Just to be clear.

Do you believe the Panthers are better off without a healthy Cam Newton?

Or do you believe the Panthers are only better off without an injured Cam Newton?