[Today at 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[Today at 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[Today at 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[Today at 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] High Comedy  (Read 3356 times)

CrackedSidewalksSays

[Cracked Sidewalks] High Comedy
« on: January 20, 2010, 10:30:04 PM »
High Comedy

Written by: noreply@blogger.com (Tim Blair)

Losing to DePaul?

DePaul, a team that was 0 for 20 in the BIG EAST going back to 2008?  O-fer 20, folks.

DePaul, a team playing without its best player.  DePaul,  a team that lost its first five BIG EAST games by an average of 19 points.  Sadly, a late lead against the absolute dregs of the BIG EAST is not safe with Marquette this season. Today's recipe for defeat included two seniors missing the front-end of one-and-ones in the last 30 seconds.  Incredible.

Marquette's ability to close out close games is officially comical.  Welcome back, Shelley Levene.

<a href="http://www.hulu.com/embed/gCGFZfTLyge_tD4sywfqyw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.hulu.com/embed/gCGFZfTLyge_tD4sywfqyw</a>

To put it simply, MU has raised choking to an art form.

<a href="http://video.passagen.se/v/beavis_and_butthead_choke.action" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://video.passagen.se/v/beavis_and_butthead_choke.action</a>

http://www.crackedsidewalks.com/2010/01/high-comedy.html

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] High Comedy
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 10:34:28 PM »
Speaking of "High Comedy", the massive overreactions by some clueless people on this board are cracking me up.

slingkong

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 10:51:10 AM »
Why clueless?

Was DP oh-fer their last 20, or not?  Was DP without their best player by far, or not?  Was DP playing with a bench no longer than MU's, or not?

How in the world do any of those items leave you with the impression that MU didn't wholly underperform last night?

MU Chi_IL

• Team Captain
  • Marquette is Solid Gold!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 11:02:09 AM »
High Comedy was watching the Rosemont Police trying to stop the Depaul students as the rushed the floor, ooooover---reaction does not even do justice to how badly they acted. 

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 11:20:52 AM »
Why clueless?

Was DP oh-fer their last 20, or not?  Was DP without their best player by far, or not?  Was DP playing with a bench no longer than MU's, or not?

How in the world do any of those items leave you with the impression that MU didn't wholly underperform last night?

When did I say that MU didn't underperformed last night?

I'm referring to the clueless people who, yesterday at this time, were posting that MU might not lose another game in the regular season and are now on here posting that MU has no shot at even making the NIT and that Buzz should be fired and that the season is over, etc, etc, etc. Those are MASSIVE overreactions from people without a clue. That doesn't in any way imply that last night was a good performance. It was a pathetic effort from a team who played down to their competition.

LON

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 11:27:18 AM »

I'm referring to the clueless people who, yesterday at this time, were posting that MU might not lose another game in the regular season and are now on here posting that MU has no shot at even making the NIT and that Buzz should be fired and that the season is over, etc, etc, etc. Those are MASSIVE overreactions from people without a clue. That doesn't in any way imply that last night was a good performance. It was a pathetic effort from a team who played down to their competition.

+1

You'd have thought that there would only be 10 or so posters online today since it seemed like everyone was going to open up the veins on their arms the way some were posting.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
DePaul worst ranked in the nation among BCS teams
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 12:41:30 PM »
According to KenPom.com, DePaul is the worst ranked BCS basketball team in the country.  190th, beating out Rutgers who is at 180th.  Every other program below DePaul is a non-BCS conference school, or a mid or low major.

http://kenpom.com/rate.php

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 01:17:50 PM »
According to kenpom, we're still a top 25 team.

artboy8

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 02:16:04 PM »
As shocking as this may sound, there have been may upset losses to even worse teams then Depaul. What I find pathetic is reading comments that attack the team's manhood, just because they themselves are embarrassed by the loss. To bad you cant run home to Chicago and brag about another Marquette win.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 08:10:46 PM »
According to kenpom, we're still a top 25 team.

Exactly...how does a top 25 team lose to 190th? 

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 08:31:48 PM »
I'm not sure how it's accomplished, but it hurts to watch.
"We have the blues on the run!"

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 08:49:07 PM »

Easy. 25 doesn't show up. 190 does.

It's an ugly loss, no doubt. I'm not happy about it (I don't think anyone is), but these things happen once in a while. No use obsessing over it. Take your medicine, learn your lesson, and move the f*ck on.

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 10:16:01 PM »
Welcome to the world of sports?

slingkong

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 08:26:15 AM »

Yes, those are massive overreactions both ways but you didn't allude to that even one little bit in your original post. 

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 09:04:36 AM »
How does the #6 team lose to #147? It's a road game, sh*t happens.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 09:41:13 AM »
This team has been overachieving.  This loss shouldn't be shocking.  Who didn't think that we'd loose some games that we should win coming into this year?  I assume everyone.  Welcome to reality, that was one of those games.  For the manic's that think we are unbeatable after a win and the worst team in history after a loss - get a grip and take a step back.
 I'm surprised that we didn't loose one of our buy games or UWM (yes bad, bad teams), at least from where I projected this team to be during the pre-season.  We have one star, one solid player, and then either mid-major talent or new players.  And two significant injuries. Give Buzz a chance, as he had to put this roster together on the fly, with little left when the 3 amigos left.  He has done a great job to make us competitive during a rebuilding year and pulled in some good players such as DJO.  And pulled in Butler very late.  I expect us to upset another team this year and loose a couple we think we should win.  It will be that kind of season.  The fact that people were even mentioning us as a NCAA tourni team, possibly, is amazing to me given out lack of talent and new players.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2010, 09:51:32 AM »
This loss was painful, should not have happened, etc.

It was nowhere near as bad as USF last year, and North Dakota Southern Eastern State a couple of years ago, East Carolina a few years back, etc.  because we are not nearly as good a team.  For it to be a huge loss, one of the teams has to be highly ranked.  We are not that good.  We are an inexperienced growing team.  This was always going to be a transition year.

The fact that some emotional wrecks have pumped up expectations based on our play against top competition does not make this loss a terrible loss

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 09:54:48 AM »
We have a lack of talent?  ?-(