[Today at 12:50:43 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by wadesworld
[May 06, 2024, 10:32:52 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[May 06, 2024, 05:33:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: WI women’s hockey wins back to back national championships  (Read 917 times)

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
Not sure if it fits here but in a state starved for national championships will take anything we can get.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 09:30:17 PM by MarquetteMike1977 »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: WI women’s hockey wins back to back national championships
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 09:33:44 PM »
Mark Johnson, after being passed over for the men’s head coaching job, takes the women’s gig and wins six national championships.

Same Mark Johnson who was on the Miracle on Ice team and son of Badger Bob Johnson who started the UW men’s team in the 60s and won three national championships and a Stanley Cup.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 10:21:01 PM »
About my 5th grade...There was a public  park rink about 3 blocks from my house in Madison, where I was playing (badly) in a pickup hockey game.

I got kicked off the ice (deservedly, as I sucked) when some other guys arrived. A group joined that included....A local guy from a speed skating family (his brother was in my grade school class) and a couple really good players  (all around my age). They were REALLY good...and I enjoyed watching

In historical hindsight it was pretty cool watching hockey played at lil' ole' Westmoreland Park rink by future olympians, to wit:

Eric Heiden (5 Olymp Golds),

Mark Johnson, and

Bob Suter (both, later on the Miracle on Ice hockey team).

Small damn world
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 10:24:46 PM by houwarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 10:24:36 PM »
I got lucky flipping around. Nice the game was on ESPNU. Game winner was so lucky. Wisconsin player behind the net, flicked the puck off the Northeastern players back. Into the net it went. Mark Johnson face was priceless.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 10:26:53 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 11:35:48 PM »
About my 5th grade...There was a public  park rink about 3 blocks from my house in Madison, where I was playing (badly) in a pickup hockey game.

I got kicked off the ice (deservedly, as I sucked) when some other guys arrived. A group joined that included....A local guy from a speed skating family (his brother was in my grade school class) and a couple really good players  (all around my age). They were REALLY good...and I enjoyed watching

In historical hindsight it was pretty cool watching hockey played at lil' ole' Westmoreland Park rink by future olympians, to wit:

Eric Heiden (5 Olymp Golds),

Mark Johnson, and

Bob Suter (both, later on the Miracle on Ice hockey team).

Small damn world

Great story.