'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: St. John's  (Read 9484 times)

ski44

• Scholarship Player
Re: St. John's
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2017, 02:53:16 PM »
MU now -10 which means the $$$ is going MU's way.

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2017, 03:05:47 PM »
Anyone that plans on taking it weak to the rack tonight might as well stay on the bench. We have to compete for every rebound,  knockdown shots,  and finish plays, and then we will be fine.
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2017, 03:17:16 PM »
5 out.
Occasional Heldt.
JJJ for first 4 mins.  If it's good JJJ, he plays more.  if it's bad JJJ he sits.
Should have had time last week to install a press break.  I look for Katin and Du to have a big role. 
Lots of zone.
I think St. John's is dangerous.  They shoot well, they drive well, they have good size, they have good coaching.
So do we. No problemo.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2017, 03:52:09 PM »
Not sure what you guys are looking at, but I'm looking at the big board at Wm Hill/Silver Legacy in Reno and MU opened and remains at -5.5

EDIT. Never mind. I'm looking at first half.  Line is -9.5/-9.5 here.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 03:54:27 PM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2017, 05:01:19 PM »
Not sure what you guys are looking at, but I'm looking at the big board at Wm Hill/Silver Legacy in Reno and MU opened and remains at -5.5

EDIT. Never mind. I'm looking at first half.  Line is -9.5/-9.5 here.

No worries, Benny.
They don't always keep the big board updated at the Mustang Ranch, I hear.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2017, 06:45:06 PM »
I think MU fans that watched the game at MSG, and have maybe caught a few minutes of SJU games other than that game, have a bit of warped sense of SJU.  They played about as well as they can play against MU the first time.  MU played right into their hands.  But they're not nearly that good, and have been pretty awful on the road.  I get the 9.5 line, though I wouldn't bet on it.

Well when you play no defense even a team that plays pretty awful on the road can look like they are National Champions.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2017, 06:46:14 PM »
The line is now -10.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2017, 09:25:11 PM »
Don't make the mistake of thinking St. John's is a good team. They aren't. They win by getting teams to play a game of street ball instead of executing their offense or defense. MU let them dictate the game from beginning to end last time. Markus and Haanif got their lunches eaten as they combined for 11 of the team's 17 turnovers. I don't think that happens again. If I'm Wojo, I'm telling the team to commit to the offensive plan, make the extra pass and take the open shot when you have it. I tell Luke that Yakwe and Owens go for the block every time and bite on every shot fake. If he fakes before he makes his move he will be able to go up and get the foul or spin right around them for an easy bucket. On defense, this is the one game where I'd advocate for zone. Use an aggressive 2-3 and make them a jumpshooting team. They simply don't have the discipline to beat a zone and will take a lot of bad shots and drive into traffic.

I'm feeling a double digit win tonight. If Marquette executes, it will be a blowout. If they play like they did in MSG, they will lose, but not by much. SJU is an entirely different beast on the road.

Good call,TAMU!

Markus and Haanif had their proverbial lunch eaten again, but the rest of the boys (especially Matt) came through.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2017, 07:43:44 AM »
"Live ball turnovers"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2017, 08:25:00 AM »
Frankly, Howard is not quick enough to deal wit da St. John's playas, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"