[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MSG happens  (Read 11850 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: MSG happens
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2017, 12:15:11 AM »

Check harder.

Well... I'm presuming SJU won't be in the CBI.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2017, 03:31:48 AM »
Its nice when u get to hear the announcers talk about the other teams heart, toughness, will to win, and energy for the last 10 minutes of a game.  Announcers used to talk about Marquette that way.

Will be sooo glad to never watch our seniors step on the court again.  Softest class i have ever had the displeasure of witnessing.  Mental and physical weakness

I'd feel sorry for you because your joyless life obviously is pathetic, but I don't feel sorry for whiny little beyotches.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2017, 06:28:46 AM »
Hall pressed 3/4 court to disrupt the offensive flow and spacing. Hero ball returned as a result but no heroes today. Mainly, MU's defense not good enough to end a 17-2 run to start the 2nd. Tough match on the boards physically (which is what the BET becomes).

This is the same story to the season: Live/die by shooting, unbalanced roster where physical match-ups are problematic, no offensive flow mattas, and no defense mattas (especially in a short tournament with tired legs). No surprise.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2017, 07:32:26 AM »
Yep we always suck in the tournament. Different year same story. Hopefully we don't get screwed on Sunday and can make the tournament
There's our troll!  Warrior"fan"14 and mayfair have both checked in.  Glad to see you boys are safe.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2017, 07:39:50 AM »
There's our troll!  Warrior"fan"14 and mayfair have both checked in.  Glad to see you boys are safe.

It's not really trolling to say we aren't good in the BE tournament. We aren't and outside of 2010 (even then GTown slaughtered us in the semis) I can't remember a year in 9 I've been watching that we were good in the BE tournament.
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2017, 08:02:16 AM »
Hall pressed 3/4 court to disrupt the offensive flow and spacing. Hero ball returned as a result but no heroes today. Mainly, MU's defense not good enough to end a 17-2 run to start the 2nd. Tough match on the boards physically (which is what the BET becomes).

This is the same story to the season: Live/die by shooting, unbalanced roster where physical match-ups are problematic, no offensive flow mattas, and no defense mattas (especially in a short tournament with tired legs). No surprise.

My real hope is a favorable first matchup. Seton Hall and Delgado is a nightmare for us, and honestly, I'm still a bit surprised we did as well as we did against them this season. Minnesota, Iowa State, Maryland, Dayton, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma State, Northwestern, all teams I like our odds against. I even don't mind going to Dayton because I feel on a neutral court, right now, we're better than any other team they would put into the First Four. It's just one more NCAA win credit we can get.

I'll take my chances with whomever we'd be playing in the second round, be it a 1, 2, or 3 seed. I think we're a really tough scout on 1 day of rest. Sure, it'll be a better team and the odds are we lose, but I think we'll be able to give anyone a game in the round of 32 and have a real shot at the second weekend.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2017, 08:02:49 AM »
Aren't we 0-4? Michigan, Pitt, St. John's, and now the Hall.

That's absolutely bizarre. I know I can't think of any season where MU lost four games in one arena...that wasn't its home arena.

I'm having trouble contemplating a scenario where it would even be possible.
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2017, 08:03:39 AM »
That's absolutely bizarre. I know I can't think of any season where MU lost four games in one arena...that wasn't its home arena.

I'm having trouble contemplating a scenario where it would even be possible.

If we get seeded into the East, we can do it again in the Sweet 16.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2017, 10:38:12 AM »
To quote a friend....Wojo couldn't win a game of rock, paper, scissors at MSG.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2017, 10:48:07 AM »

FT no matta!
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

connie

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2017, 12:52:46 PM »
While very sad at the outcome this loss is less annoying to me.  We shot poorly against a team we have matchup issues with.  Hopefully this won't kill our invite, and we can get back in stride. 
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2017, 08:06:17 PM »
It's not really trolling to say we aren't good in the BE tournament. We aren't and outside of 2010 (even then GTown slaughtered us in the semis) I can't remember a year in 9 I've been watching that we were good in the BE tournament.

I believe you missed the point.  Not that an individual post is trolling, but these two ONLY post after MU loses.  Not after wins.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2017, 09:03:06 PM »
Will be sooo glad to never watch our seniors step on the court again.  Softest class i have ever had the displeasure of witnessing.  Mental and physical weakness
So you were the ahole booing on senior day? 
And please revisit this comment one year from now.
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.