'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Badger Hate Week  (Read 86998 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Badger Hate Week
« Reply #300 on: December 06, 2018, 10:19:07 AM »
Bump.    Let the hate continue to build.    But how about we turn it towards the red devils and not each other?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #301 on: December 06, 2018, 10:40:37 AM »
Let's repost our favorites from the beginning of the thread, since no one ever reads bumped threads from the top.

Here's a couple of mine:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FH2XWiaosZs&amp;t=3s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FH2XWiaosZs&amp;t=3s</a>
Have some patience, FFS.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #302 on: December 06, 2018, 10:50:34 AM »
I was listening to the Titus podcast this week, and he had Big Cat from Barstool (who is a UW alum) on to talk about the Davison flops from last week. Big Cat made a comment about how Davison is a stereotypical Wisconsin player in that he's not very athletic and isn't from Wisconsin. Hearing that an alum and fan of the program is willing to publicly concede that they can't land kids from Wisconsin made me smile.

I would love to see the Hausers both show up big (bigly, even) this weekend to remind Badger fans that they can't land in state talent.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #303 on: December 06, 2018, 11:00:20 AM »
I was listening to the Titus podcast this week, and he had Big Cat from Barstool (who is a UW alum) on to talk about the Davison flops from last week. Big Cat made a comment about how Davison is a stereotypical Wisconsin player in that he's not very athletic and isn't from Wisconsin. Hearing that an alum and fan of the program is willing to publicly concede that they can't land kids from Wisconsin made me smile.

I would love to see the Hausers both show up big (bigly, even) this weekend to remind Badger fans that they can't land in state talent.

I actually never realised this but Dekker and Koenig are the only big time players they've had from Wisconsin right? Leuer MN, Taylor MN, Happ IL, Kaminsky IL, Tucker IL
Maigh Eo for Sam

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #304 on: December 06, 2018, 11:21:30 AM »
 :o

« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 11:23:51 AM by jsglow »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #305 on: December 06, 2018, 11:30:19 AM »
I actually never realised this but Dekker and Koenig are the only big time players they've had from Wisconsin right? Leuer MN, Taylor MN, Happ IL, Kaminsky IL, Tucker IL
Devin Harris, 'Tosa
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #306 on: December 06, 2018, 11:34:53 AM »
Y'all can call 'em flops all you want ... and they are ... but as long as they keep foolin' the zebras it doesn't matter what we call them.

Like a few others have stated, I am concerned that he will be able to draw a couple on Markus, who definitely has a habit of using his arm to ward off defenders (a la MJ on Bryon Russell). And Sacar, as much as I like him, is usually good for 2-3 wild forays to the basket that can result in charges -- he is tailor-made for Davison-style floppage.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #307 on: December 06, 2018, 11:36:30 AM »
Y'all can call 'em flops all you want ... and they are ... but as long as they keep foolin' the zebras it doesn't matter what we call them.

Like a few others have stated, I am concerned that he will be able to draw a couple on Markus, who definitely has a habit of using his arm to ward off defenders (a la MJ on Bryon Russell). And Sacar, as much as I like him, is usually good for 2-3 wild forays to the basket that can result in charges -- he is tailor-made for Davison-style floppage.

Agreed, which is why a LaxBro 'demonstration' on Saturday would be so very awesome and possibly even beneficial.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #308 on: December 06, 2018, 11:56:04 AM »
Wojo needs to go to every single official before the game and tell them to "watch #34's feet". He's moving all the time. I do wonder if all the negative pub his "flops" are getting will actually make refs call it a blocking foul more often(which it is).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 12:33:25 PM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #309 on: December 06, 2018, 12:17:57 PM »
Wojo needs to go to every single official before the game and tell them to "watch #10's feet". He's moving all the time. I do wonder if all the negative pub his "flops" are getting will actually make refs call it a blocking foul more often(which it is).
Someone doesn't understand the charge/blocking rules.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #310 on: December 06, 2018, 12:18:53 PM »

Or that the only number 10 playing will be Hauser I believe.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #311 on: December 06, 2018, 12:26:19 PM »
Wojo needs to go to every single official before the game and tell them to "watch #10's feet". He's moving all the time. I do wonder if all the negative pub his "flops" are getting will actually make refs call it a blocking foul more often(which it is).

Or that the only number 10 playing will be Hauser I believe.

Wisconsin has no #10. Davison is #34. Travis Diener wore both #10 and #34 at Marquette.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #312 on: December 06, 2018, 12:33:00 PM »
Wisconsin has no #10. Davison is #34. Travis Diener wore both #10 and #34 at Marquette.

Whoops, I knew that yet my brain was saying #10.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #313 on: December 06, 2018, 12:35:30 PM »

I absolutely do, but if I'm officiating, and the defender is moving..it's getting called a block...EVERY SINGLE time, I don't care who it is. None of this "sliding" under crap. On my watch, you are completely stationary or you are getting called. That's just the way I saw it.  :)

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #314 on: December 06, 2018, 12:38:05 PM »
I absolutely do, but if I'm officiating, and the defender is moving..it's getting called a block...EVERY SINGLE time, I don't care who it is. None of this "sliding" under crap. On my watch, you are completely stationary or you are getting called. That's just the way I saw it.  :)

'I believe in traditional rules not those new ones that keep getting made'
Maigh Eo for Sam

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #315 on: December 06, 2018, 12:38:51 PM »
So you absolutely understand the rules, but if you are officiating you are going to specifically NOT adhere to the rules?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #316 on: December 06, 2018, 12:42:35 PM »

You win the internet, sir

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

muguru

• All American
« Reply #317 on: December 06, 2018, 12:50:11 PM »

Correct! :)

muguru

• All American
« Reply #318 on: December 06, 2018, 12:52:03 PM »
So you absolutely understand the rules, but if you are officiating you are going to specifically NOT adhere to the rules?

Because every single official has gotten the block/charge call right 100% of the time?? They also would then not be "adhering" to the rules, correct?? Rules are meant to be broken. How many times did Ed Hightower or Jim Burr, or Tim Higgins miss a call??

Every official that calls a charge on one of Davison's flops, is not adhering to the rules, and flat out blowing the call...that's my point.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 12:55:18 PM by muguru »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #319 on: December 06, 2018, 12:56:17 PM »
Because every single official has gotten the block/charge call right 100% of the time?? They also would then not be "adhering" to the rules, correct?? Rules are meant to be broken. How many times did Ed Hightower or Jim Burr, or Tim Higgins miss a call??
Does not compute.  Saying that people miss calls is very different than saying you'd intentionally rule differently than the way the rule is written or intended.

Likewise, saying a 'rules are meant to be broken' is nearly the opposite of saying that people unintentionally miss a call.

"Eh, sure, you have to get 10 yards for a first down in football, but I'm going to make it 15 yards every single time.  It's just the way I see it."

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #320 on: December 06, 2018, 12:58:36 PM »
In this very important thread, can we at least *try* to stay on the topic at hand?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #321 on: December 06, 2018, 01:17:42 PM »
Badger hate week turns into 'I hate everyone else on scoop' week and 'oh, yeah, the badgers suck' week. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #322 on: December 06, 2018, 01:29:22 PM »
insert Sam Dekker gif please.

It's been a year. Post it already!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #323 on: December 06, 2018, 01:35:17 PM »
It's been a year. Post it already!

Geez, do I have to do everything around here?

Here's a bonus LOL.

Have some patience, FFS.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #324 on: December 06, 2018, 01:37:09 PM »

I think what Big Cat meant was UW has had great success stealing MN or IA talent.  And talent that is so obvious (he mentioned guys being Mr. Basketball in their state) but the hometown school can't land them.  His point is Davidson should be playing for the Gophers but like Leuer and others he's excelling in Madison.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart