'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Badger Hate Week  (Read 86999 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Badger Hate Week
« Reply #275 on: December 05, 2018, 02:38:00 PM »
Long time follower of the board.  First time posting.  I felt compelled to post because Brad Davison's ridiculous flopping drives me nuts.  If anyone can send a suggestion to the student section, I would love to see the "wave" replace by the "flop".  A student can start the flop at the bottom corner of the student section by exaggerating a"touch" with their index finger and the flop can spread from there with students falling down instead of waving their arms.  In this way, Davison's ridiculous acting job will receive the proper mocking it deserves.

I've said my peace.  Carry on with the mostly insightful analysis of MU Basketball.  Go Warriors!
By student.....I assume you mean MALE student?

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #276 on: December 05, 2018, 02:41:37 PM »
Matt will see plenty of time.  Theo will get in foul trouble and ed isn't big enough to guard Happ without doubling.

I don't even known about that.  I've seen multiple posts about how we have 15 fouls to throw at him, and that we should put him on the line.  Last year, in 30 minutes, Matt only picked up 2 fouls, and Happ only attempted 3 fts.  If you could create a match-up designed for Matt, it would seem that this is it.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #277 on: December 05, 2018, 02:43:26 PM »
I think Matt gets his max minutes on the year in the game Saturday. He's not a Happ stopper per se but he's our best match up with Happ defensively.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #278 on: December 05, 2018, 02:45:00 PM »
Bager boards downplaying this game like its no big deal once again. annoying

Yep. I'll say again, if its not a rivalry, why do you feel the need to say anything?

They've gotten to play the big brother role since about 2000 after we did it for so long. Hoping we can reverse those roles moving forward.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #279 on: December 05, 2018, 02:51:01 PM »
Love this.  Seems like the fine folks at @mubbnation could facilitate such an idea.

How about something like when ever Trice is guarding on ball the students(how about all the MU faithful) do a slow rhythmic chant of "Flop.....Flop.....Flop"

Best I could come up with off the top of my head.

Badgers Suck!

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #280 on: December 05, 2018, 02:56:40 PM »
Are we allowed to talk about the actual game here?

Am I the only one that thinks that Matt should start?  Stopping Happ is obviously the key.  Matt was excellent last year, when Theo only played 10 minutes.  Despite Theo's improvements from last year, I still think Matt is the best straight post defender on the team, we won't need him to defend in space.

I doubt that we'll see much of a change in the minute allocation among the bigs on Saturday unless there is a serious foul trouble situation. Matt did a great job on Happ last year, but Theo and Ed have clearly risen above him in the pecking order this year.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #281 on: December 05, 2018, 03:01:33 PM »
I've watched the Badgers a couple of times this season. I honestly haven't been impressed. Single cover Happ, stay at home on shooters, particularly Trice, and make Happ and Davison and beat you by themselves.

They are going to throw it in deep to Happ as soon as they can. If the double comes Happ will pass it out and they will move it until they have an open three. If the double doesn't come, Happ will try to do a post move and score on his own. If Happ can't get a good shot or pass to a shooter the ball will end up with Davison who will try to take his man one on one which he's not very good at but can sometimes get to the foul line.

Put Sacar on Trice. Markus on King/Pritzl. Brendan/Joe/Cain on Davison. Sam on Iverson/Ruevers/Ford. Joey/Theo/Ed/Matt rotate on Happ. I think all that size and length on Trice and Davison will make them ineffective. The rotating string of bigs will wear Happ down. I think we only lose this game if our shooters are cold and we don't get anything going to the hoop.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Wahoo85

• Walk-On
« Reply #282 on: December 05, 2018, 03:15:13 PM »
Well done young skywalker.  Get a hold of the LaxBros.  Seriously, figure out who the team captain is and get in touch immediately.  I promise you that the whole team will get involved that that you'll have plenty of time to train/practice pregame.  This will be epic on the big Fox channel Saturday.

This would be great. I found email addresses for managers of the LAX team on their website, sent them the idea and asked them to move the ball forward.  I am in Florida and not in a position to sell the idea in the flesh, but if anyone can pass the idea along to the right people,  I'd love to see it on national TV.  Appreciate the feedback.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #283 on: December 05, 2018, 03:28:39 PM »
A friend of mine claims to be a UW-Madison basketball fan and wants to watch the game at a bar together on Saturday.  She's the type of fan that doesn't actually watch any games unless it's a big game and wants to do it because that is the popular thing to do and/or if she gets free tickets and wants to post pictures to her instagram account. 

I'd like to suggest a bar in or near downtown Milwaukee that is likely to have a majority MU fans in it, without being obvious (so nothing around campus).   Any good suggestions where a MU viewing party may be taking place or just naturally will have more MU fans?

fjm

• All American
« Reply #284 on: December 05, 2018, 03:30:47 PM »
A friend of mine claims to be a UW-Madison basketball fan and wants to watch the game at a bar together on Saturday.  She's the type of fan that doesn't actually watch any games unless it's a big game and wants to do it because that is the popular thing to do and/or if she gets free tickets and wants to post pictures to her instagram account. 

I'd like to suggest a bar in or near downtown Milwaukee that is likely to have a majority MU fans in it, without being obvious (so nothing around campus).   Any good suggestions where a MU viewing party may be taking place or just naturally will have more MU fans?

Send her to Who’s on Third or brat house. Those places are always solid.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #285 on: December 05, 2018, 03:38:54 PM »
Cool, I'll also ask her to change clothes when she looks a little too "forward" when we go out as well because I'm clearly the boss of her.

I'm trying to be patient with your yahoos but this is kind of insane.

May I suggest a lovely blue and gold burqa.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 03:54:23 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #286 on: December 05, 2018, 03:49:53 PM »

Sure, it's no big deal.  That's why they are paying over $200 per ticket to attend!   Lol. 

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #287 on: December 05, 2018, 04:26:24 PM »
Can't wait to get your prognostication on this game.  How many will the Rodents win by and which Warrior is going to have a season ending injury?
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #288 on: December 05, 2018, 05:33:31 PM »

What's her instagram account, yo?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #289 on: December 05, 2018, 05:49:37 PM »
I never said (nor implied) women shouldn't be respected or be allowed to make decisions. I simply said..that I have old fashioned beliefs and believe in traditional gender roles. That has ZERO to do with not respecting women..NONE...

doesn't mean it's awful or disrespectful towards women...got it??

Obviously you don't wear the pants.

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #290 on: December 05, 2018, 05:53:49 PM »
I know this is a radical idea and one Wojo would probably never utilize, but I personally think it's solid...you have 15 fouls between Matt, Theo and Ed..every time Happ is in a shooting position...FOUL him. He might end up with a few "and 1's", but I think you can live with it. As we know he is a horrible FT shooter, so you are basically making him forfeit the basket(in most cases) for likely zero points at the line. I mean, it will also serve to frustrate him I'd think, to the point where he might just start passing out instead...that is also a win. None of Matt, Theo, or Ed are THAT important to MU offensively anyway, so if they foul out...so be it. But either way, I try several different people on hm, give him a bunch of different looks, including Sam and Joey, and hell even Brendan for a few minutes here and there(because of his length which Happ struggles with). Sacar will lock down Trice and when he's not in there, Joe can handle him.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #291 on: December 05, 2018, 05:54:38 PM »

I have a really good friend who is a UW season ticket holder.  He takes me to the game whenever its in Madison.  We actually grab a beer beforehand and oftentimes after.

I guess he's a bad Badger fan despite him having tickets since the Fieldhouse days.  And I'm a bad Warrior fan for fraternizing with him.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #292 on: December 05, 2018, 05:57:52 PM »
I know this is a radical idea and one Wojo would probably never utilize, but I personally think it's solid...you have 15 fouls between Matt, Theo and Ed..every time Happ is in a shooting position...FOUL him. He might end up with a few "and 1's", but I think you can live with it. As we know he is a horrible FT shooter, so you are basically making him forfeit the basket(in most cases) for likely zero points at the line. I mean, it will also serve to frustrate him I'd think, to the point where he might just start passing out instead...that is also a win. None of Matt, Theo, or Ed are THAT important to MU offensively anyway, so if they foul out...so be it. But either way, I try several different people on hm, give him a bunch of different looks, including Sam and Joey, and hell even Brendan for a few minutes here and there(because of his length which Happ struggles with). Sacar will lock down Trice and when he's not in there, Joe can handle him.

The problem with that theory is that, along with Davidson's flopping, that puts Wisconsin in the double bonus fairly quickly and still ends up with MU in foul trouble.    So every OTHER touch foul is two shots.     I get it.   I do.    But unless the entire rest of the team can avoid fouling, it puts MU in a hole.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #293 on: December 05, 2018, 06:02:02 PM »

I have a really good friend who is a UW season ticket holder.  He takes me to the game whenever its in Madison.  We actually grab a beer beforehand and oftentimes after.

I guess he's a bad Badger fan despite him having tickets since the Fieldhouse days.  And I'm a bad Warrior fan for fraternizing with him.
Sultan
Your comments over the years show that you're a double me agent. 

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #294 on: December 05, 2018, 06:09:03 PM »
Can't wait to get your prognostication on this game.  How many will the Rodents win by and which Warrior is going to have a season ending injury?

Badger fans are more arrogant than i am. blow them out is the only option for this one

MUUWUWM

• All American
« Reply #295 on: December 05, 2018, 06:10:55 PM »
MuGuru.....lol remember the battles we had on Scout?
You must be getting older..your not as feisty!

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #296 on: December 05, 2018, 07:25:06 PM »
Badger fans are more arrogant than i am. blow them out is the only option for this one
This.  Plus....
I HATE this game every year...HATE it...I get so wound up and edgy leading up to the game. And if they lose...HORRIBLE. But, what bothers me more than anything, is always how much damn red is in the building. That REALLY PO's me. MU fans, STOP giving, selling your tickets to UW fans. It's pathetic. I have said before, MU has ways that they can tell if it's season ticket holders selling their tickets to UW fans. I pull their season tickets. I don't care if you have family that are UW alum or whatever. the ONLY red I EVER want to see in our building is the seats they are allotted for family etc. That's IT. CANNOT stand their pompous, arrogant fans...look no further than buckyville.com...You wanna know why I HATE their fans so much?? There ya go, that's why.
This.  Plus....
This is so incredibly stupid!!  Its a MU home game and as a MU season ticket holder its disrepectful and classless to wear red.  Where red undershirt or something or red at home 365 days a year.  Classless tho to wear red.
This, have lead the NCAA to take the bold step of revoking our ability to credibly criticize any other fan base. 

But what about that Buckyville, hey?  some real crazies over there

*hold mirror up to Sand, Guru, and Johnny*

Edit:  had the wrong quote in there.  Sorry Lazar's, didn't mean to throw your post in there
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 08:18:41 PM by naginiF »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #297 on: December 05, 2018, 07:25:44 PM »
I've watched the Badgers a couple of times this season. I honestly haven't been impressed. Single cover Happ, stay at home on shooters, particularly Trice, and make Happ and Davison and beat you by themselves.

They are going to throw it in deep to Happ as soon as they can. If the double comes Happ will pass it out and they will move it until they have an open three. If the double doesn't come, Happ will try to do a post move and score on his own. If Happ can't get a good shot or pass to a shooter the ball will end up with Davison who will try to take his man one on one which he's not very good at but can sometimes get to the foul line.

Put Sacar on Trice. Markus on King/Pritzl. Brendan/Joe/Cain on Davison. Sam on Iverson/Ruevers/Ford. Joey/Theo/Ed/Matt rotate on Happ. I think all that size and length on Trice and Davison will make them ineffective. The rotating string of bigs will wear Happ down. I think we only lose this game if our shooters are cold and we don't get anything going to the hoop.

Agree with every word of this, and was just talking about similar with my little brother.

Except for a few (very few) double-teams (off a non-shooter) just to give Happ a little something extra to think about, play him "honest" and NEVER double off a shooter.

I do think Matt will get more minutes than he has been getting in this one.

The problem with that theory is that, along with Davidson's flopping, that puts Wisconsin in the double bonus fairly quickly and still ends up with MU in foul trouble.    So every OTHER touch foul is two shots.     I get it.   I do.    But unless the entire rest of the team can avoid fouling, it puts MU in a hole.   

This.

You don't mind fouling Happ. Especially good hard fouls that frustrate him and don't let him get and-1s. And of course you foul him late in the game if he happens to get the ball when we're trying to rally. But to just use 15-20 fouls on him and get in the double-bonus with 10-12 minutes to play ... nah. F%cky has 2 guys shooing 90%+ and most other regulars are at 75% or better.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #298 on: December 05, 2018, 09:52:34 PM »
Long time follower of the board.  First time posting.  I felt compelled to post because Brad Davison's ridiculous flopping drives me nuts.  If anyone can send a suggestion to the student section, I would love to see the "wave" replace by the "flop".  A student can start the flop at the bottom corner of the student section by exaggerating a"touch" with their index finger and the flop can spread from there with students falling down instead of waving their arms.  In this way, Davison's ridiculous acting job will receive the proper mocking it deserves.

I've said my peace.  Carry on with the mostly insightful analysis of MU Basketball.  Go Warriors!

Is this the best first post ever?
Does a bear sh/t in the woods?
Does a badger flop on the hardwood?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #299 on: December 05, 2018, 09:59:56 PM »
Hey, Bo Ryan has a new gaming system to make play between meeting hookers, getting massages and dumping bodies at Autozone.

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/465807-souljagame-console-handheld-price