[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:22:34 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 03, 2024, 01:20:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Badger Hate Week  (Read 86966 times)

cheebs09

• All American
Re: Badger Hate Week
« Reply #200 on: December 05, 2018, 09:37:50 AM »
This makes me want to puke...literally. Then again, with you, it doesn't surprise me in the least.

This is the most ridiculous annual post every year. Provides some nice laughs.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #201 on: December 05, 2018, 09:38:43 AM »

It most definitely is not.

Woukdnt expect you to know what classless is
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #202 on: December 05, 2018, 09:39:06 AM »
Sorry, but this irritates me...yes, she's your wife, and I'm sure she's wonderful..but I don't do "fence sitters" Root for MU except this one game every year?? I have quoted this before and I will again but as a Kentucky fan once said about their rivalry with UL..."You either bleed red, or you bleed blue, there is no in between". Amen. Again, this is supposed to be a "rivalry", but to me, it's the "softest" rivalry in college basketball, at least from a fanbase perspective..and the above is a perfect example. MU fans are "soft". To much like and respect for the Badgers and their fans.

Ask UL fans if they like Kentucky fans or vice versa...Ask Carolina fans if they like Duke fans, ask Michigan fans if they like Ohio State fans...the answer will always be a RESOUNDING "hell no". Their is hatred, and passion on both sides, and THAT'S what makes a true rivalry.

Good god this is idiotic. I have a buddy who even went to UL and rooted for KU because it was his home state.

The best part of a rivalry is the little pockets of opposing fans you can call out and talk trash to. That even goes for pro and high school sports as well.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #203 on: December 05, 2018, 09:40:26 AM »
This is so incredibly stupid!!  Its a MU home game and as a MU season ticket holder its disrepectful and classless to wear red.  Where red undershirt or something or red at home 365 days a year.  Classless tho to wear red.

Are you in some competition with guru to see who makes scoop takes more this week?
Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #204 on: December 05, 2018, 09:41:25 AM »
Woukdnt expect you to know what classless is

Yeah if I got guru and you telling me one thing, I'm pretty sure I know what side "classless" is on.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #205 on: December 05, 2018, 09:41:55 AM »
Sorry, but this irritates me...yes, she's your wife, and I'm sure she's wonderful..but I don't do "fence sitters" Root for MU except this one game every year?? I have quoted this before and I will again but as a Kentucky fan once said about their rivalry with UL..."You either bleed red, or you bleed blue, there is no in between". Amen. Again, this is supposed to be a "rivalry", but to me, it's the "softest" rivalry in college basketball, at least from a fanbase perspective..and the above is a perfect example. MU fans are "soft". To much like and respect for the Badgers and their fans.

Ask UL fans if they like Kentucky fans or vice versa...Ask Carolina fans if they like Duke fans, ask Michigan fans if they like Ohio State fans...the answer will always be a RESOUNDING "hell no". Their is hatred, and passion on both sides, and THAT'S what makes a true rivalry.

Did you miss the part about Mrs. Eng being a UW alumna?  She isn't 'fence sitting'.

:o

tower912

• All American
« Reply #206 on: December 05, 2018, 09:42:17 AM »
My wife is a Badger alum and one game, every other year wears red to the MU home game......should our season tickets be pulled? She has far more MU gear than Wisconsin gear at this point and is a loud and supportive fan for every MU game that isn't the Badger game, but yet let's go after the season ticket holders.
Don't take marital advise from the guru.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #207 on: December 05, 2018, 09:44:32 AM »
What are you freakin' smokin?  Eng's wonderful wife is a UW alum.  Of course she should wear red to the game and long ago acquiesced that #nored and Eng never would.  All the rest of the time she's a dutiful and spirited MU backer sporting her blue/gold in support of her husband's passion.  Cripes some of you have misplaced priorities.

Misplaced priorities because i feel she should wear gold to an Mu game as an MU season ticket holder?  Thanks for coming on and being the voice of reason and priorities for the board.  Step off ur high horse bro.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #208 on: December 05, 2018, 09:46:27 AM »
My resume says “Marquette University (when our USNWR ranking was better)”
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #209 on: December 05, 2018, 09:47:19 AM »
Misplaced priorities because i feel she should wear gold to an Mu game as an MU season ticket holder?  Thanks for coming on and being the voice of reason and priorities for the board.  Step off ur high horse bro.

Come on, man. His wife, who went to UW, is a MU season ticket holder largely because her husband is a huge Marquette fan. But she should either refuse to support MU altogether or not cheer for her alma mater?

My girlfriend went to Minnesota. She comes with me to pretty much every Marquette home game. She wears Marquette stuff and she is growing into a pretty big fan. If MU plays Minnesota, she sure isn't going to be cheering for MU.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #210 on: December 05, 2018, 09:52:40 AM »

Hey Clown, Eng's wife is a UW alumna FIRST and a MU co-season ticket holder (with her delightful husband) SECOND.  I have plenty of friends in mixed Packer/Bear marriages.  Somehow they manage to wear their own respective jersey on rivalry gameday, eat from the same taco dip bowl that they prepared for their house guests, and presumably kissed each other goodnight some hours after the game.  It's freakin' sports.

So yeah, I'm the voice of reason and you're, well, I'll hold my tongue.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #211 on: December 05, 2018, 09:56:04 AM »
Jay Bee

My favorite is all the Whitewater, Ripon and other extension alums that are die hard Badger fans. If you were not smart enough to go to UW, cheer for the your own school. Nothing wrong with following the Whitewater football team.

Rock chalk, Warhawk, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #212 on: December 05, 2018, 09:57:37 AM »
Hey Clown, Eng's wife is a UW alumna FIRST and a MU co-season ticket holder (with her delightful husband) SECOND.  I have plenty of friends in mixed Packer/Bear marriages.  Somehow they manage to wear their own respective jersey on rivalry gameday, eat from the same taco dip bowl that they prepared for their house guests, and presumably kissed each other goodnight some hours after the game.  It's freakin' sports.

So yeah, I'm the voice of reason and you're, well, I'll hold my tongue.

This.

I'm curious what their strict idiotic rules are for UW alumni who went to Grad school at MU? Should they sit out the game because it's the one game of the year they'd root for UW that one game a year?
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #213 on: December 05, 2018, 09:58:21 AM »
My wife has been a Hoosier fan longer than I have been a Marquette fan.   We survived the game last month.  I told her IU was going to win and why.    Just like under Crean when I would tell her what coaching  choice he was about to make that would backfire.  It got to the point where she could call them, too.  AND most of her extended family are Badger alum and fans.  And we are all able to be civil, too.   
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 10:12:00 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #214 on: December 05, 2018, 09:58:37 AM »
Inn befour da lox, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #215 on: December 05, 2018, 09:59:45 AM »
Inn befour da lox, hey?
We've got bagels coming?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #216 on: December 05, 2018, 10:00:55 AM »
Come on, man. His wife, who went to UW, is a MU season ticket holder largely because her husband is a huge Marquette fan. But she should either refuse to support MU altogether or not cheer for her alma mater?

My girlfriend went to Minnesota. She comes with me to pretty much every Marquette home game. She wears Marquette stuff and she is growing into a pretty big fan. If MU plays Minnesota, she sure isn't going to be cheering for MU.

I mean, would it be the worst thing in the world to find an MU buddy to go to this ONE game with every year instead?? If his wife goes to all the other games(kudos to her), can't she sit this ONE game out and quietly cheer for UW at home watching it on TV or something instead??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #217 on: December 05, 2018, 10:01:15 AM »

muguru, I assume you attend every single MU home game, right?   Because I don't do "part time fans" that leave seats empty for any games during the year.  That irritates me... yes we have lives outside of MUBB and sports isn't the most important thing in the world, but you either bleed blue and gold or you don't, and I've arbitrarily decided what it means to bleed blue and gold.  The team needs the fans in their seats to make noise and pump them up every single game.  If you can't manage to do that, you should have your season tickets revoked.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #218 on: December 05, 2018, 10:01:45 AM »
The hate is strong in this thread, and it's only Wednesday.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #219 on: December 05, 2018, 10:02:46 AM »
My wife has been a Hoosier fan longer than I have been a Marquette fan.   We survived the game last month. I told her IU was going to win and why.    Just like under Crean when I would tell her what coaching  choice he was about to make that would backfire.  It got to the poo t where she could call them, too.  AND most of her extended family are Badger alum and fans.  And we are all able to be civil, too.

This is completely different...MU and IU hardly ever play, and the Universities do not reside in the same state and aren't "rivals". I'm fine with these type of situations.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #220 on: December 05, 2018, 10:03:07 AM »
I mean, would it be the worst thing in the world to find an MU buddy to go to this ONE game with every year instead?? If his wife goes to all the other games(kudos to her), can't she sit this ONE game out and quietly cheer for UW at home watching it on TV or something instead??

She goes to support MU for 15 games per year but then when here school plays she should volunteer to sit at home?

If she didn't care about the game, sure that's fine. But if she wants to go she has every right to that ticket.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #221 on: December 05, 2018, 10:06:45 AM »
This is completely different...MU and IU hardly ever play, and the Universities do not reside in the same state and aren't "rivals". I'm fine with these type of situations.

I'm sure tower is relieved.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #222 on: December 05, 2018, 10:06:59 AM »
This saltiness is perfect Scoop form.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #223 on: December 05, 2018, 10:08:16 AM »

Lmao "honey I know you pay for the tickets too and they're half yours but for the only game that you have actual stake in you're going to have to stay home" 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #224 on: December 05, 2018, 10:12:04 AM »
We've got bagels coming?

Nah, Jadakiss finna come through
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.