[Today at 05:11:05 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by brewcity77
[May 03, 2024, 08:27:54 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Badger Hate Week  (Read 87007 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: Badger Hate Week
« Reply #175 on: December 05, 2018, 08:26:07 AM »
My wife is a Badger alum and one game, every other year wears red to the MU home game......should our season tickets be pulled? She has far more MU gear than Wisconsin gear at this point and is a loud and supportive fan for every MU game that isn't the Badger game, but yet let's go after the season ticket holders.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2018, 08:37:41 AM »
My wife is a Badger alum and one game, every other year wears red to the MU home game......should our season tickets be pulled? She has far more MU gear than Wisconsin gear at this point and is a loud and supportive fan for every MU game that isn't the Badger game, but yet let's go after the season ticket holders.

1. You failed in your marriage.

2. It is impossible to be a fan of both programs. 

dajudge

• Starter
« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2018, 08:45:44 AM »
I HATE this game every year...HATE it...I get so wound up and edgy leading up to the game. And if they lose...HORRIBLE. But, what bothers me more than anything, is always how much damn red is in the building. That REALLY PO's me. MU fans, STOP giving, selling your tickets to UW fans. It's pathetic. I have said before, MU has ways that they can tell if it's season ticket holders selling their tickets to UW fans. I pull their season tickets. I don't care if you have family that are UW alum or whatever. the ONLY red I EVER want to see in our building is the seats they are allotted for family etc. That's IT. CANNOT stand their pompous, arrogant fans...look no further than buckyville.com...You wanna know why I HATE their fans so much?? There ya go, that's why.
Amen!!!

fjm

• All American
« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2018, 08:46:40 AM »
Guru how pissed were you that there were easily 500+ KSU fans at the game last Saturday?

It’s going to happen for all fan bases. I also have been in blue at the last 3 UW games in Madison.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #179 on: December 05, 2018, 08:55:06 AM »
Guru how pissed were you that there were easily 500+ KSU fans at the game last Saturday?

It’s going to happen for all fan bases. I also have been in blue at the last 3 UW games in Madison.

There were a few dozen UTEP fans last night and they were loud and chatty. I could hear them all the way on the other side of the arena.

It was entertaining.
Have some patience, FFS.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #180 on: December 05, 2018, 09:03:21 AM »

1. You failed in your marriage.

2. It is impossible to be a fan of both programs.

I'd agree if you're a "fan" like any of us who frequent message boards. You can be a casual fan who likes both programs. I have some in my family who are.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #181 on: December 05, 2018, 09:04:44 AM »

I have a really good friend who is a UW season ticket holder.  He takes me to the game whenever its in Madison.  We actually grab a beer beforehand and oftentimes after.

I guess he's a bad Badger fan despite him having tickets since the Fieldhouse days.  And I'm a bad Warrior fan for fraternizing with him.

Aren’t you a uw-Madison extension alumnae?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #182 on: December 05, 2018, 09:07:09 AM »
There were a few dozen UTEP fans last night and they were loud and chatty. I could hear them all the way on the other side of the arena.

It was entertaining.

I was fairly close to the UTEP fans.  They were entertaining and were interacting with the student section.  They seemed to be having lots of fun with the back and forth.  Even the UTEP coach had a fun conversation with a fan about needing tennis shoes instead of dress shoes.     

Sometimes it can be fun to have a few opposing fans around as long as they aren't jerks.     I don't think all UW fans are jerks.     

Wait... do I get banned for saying such things here?

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #183 on: December 05, 2018, 09:08:45 AM »

This is so incredibly stupid!!  Its a MU home game and as a MU season ticket holder its disrepectful and classless to wear red.  Where red undershirt or something or red at home 365 days a year.  Classless tho to wear red.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #184 on: December 05, 2018, 09:09:12 AM »
Jay Bee

My favorite is all the Whitewater, Ripon and other extension alums that are die hard Badger fans. If you were not smart enough to go to UW, cheer for the your own school. Nothing wrong with following the Whitewater football team.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #185 on: December 05, 2018, 09:11:54 AM »
Jay Bee

My favorite is all the Whitewater, Ripon and other extension alums that are die hard Badger fans. If you were not smart enough to go to UW, cheer for the your own school. Nothing wrong with following the Whitewater football team.

Whitewater has a football team?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #186 on: December 05, 2018, 09:17:03 AM »
Aren’t you a uw-Madison extension alumnae?

Nope.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #187 on: December 05, 2018, 09:18:13 AM »
Jay Bee

I disagree. I was choosing between MU and Whitewater for undergrad and ultimately decided on UWW for financial reasons. I'm now in Graduate School at Marquette. Should I have been forced to cheer for Whitewater for the 3 years between graduation and when I enrolled at Marquette?

I never applied at UW and likely would not have been admitted, but it would have been close. I know a few people who went to Whitewater who would have absolutely been admitted to Madison but chose not to go for one reason or another. They shouldn't be disqualified from being UW fans.

Additionally, a ton of people aren't mature at age 15-16. In the school district I came from, if you stumbled in classes in your freshman and sophomore years you had no chance to regroup and earn a high enough GPA to get admitted to Wisconsin. But they can't be UW fans?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #188 on: December 05, 2018, 09:18:47 AM »
This is so incredibly stupid!!  Its a MU home game and as a MU season ticket holder its disrepectful and classless to wear red.  Where red undershirt or something or red at home 365 days a year.  Classless tho to wear red.

It most definitely is not.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #189 on: December 05, 2018, 09:27:20 AM »
Jay Bee

Disagree with this sentiment. Fine with them rooting, what's obnoxious is they act defensive as if it's their Alma mater. Or the people that just write "UW" on their resume as opposed to which extension they went to (a couple cousins and an uncle of mine)
Maigh Eo for Sam

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #190 on: December 05, 2018, 09:27:59 AM »
I HATE this game every year...HATE it...I get so wound up and edgy leading up to the game. And if they lose...HORRIBLE.
Couldn't agree more.  I dislike myself for how irrational my thinking gets this week every year. 

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #191 on: December 05, 2018, 09:29:07 AM »
Disagree with this sentiment. Fine with them rooting, what's obnoxious is they act defensive as if it's their Alma mater. Or the people that just write "UW" on their resume as opposed to which extension they went to (a couple cousins and an uncle of mine)

As a recruiter, I love calling people out on this.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #192 on: December 05, 2018, 09:29:30 AM »

Sorry, but this irritates me...yes, she's your wife, and I'm sure she's wonderful..but I don't do "fence sitters" Root for MU except this one game every year?? I have quoted this before and I will again but as a Kentucky fan once said about their rivalry with UL..."You either bleed red, or you bleed blue, there is no in between". Amen. Again, this is supposed to be a "rivalry", but to me, it's the "softest" rivalry in college basketball, at least from a fanbase perspective..and the above is a perfect example. MU fans are "soft". To much like and respect for the Badgers and their fans.

Ask UL fans if they like Kentucky fans or vice versa...Ask Carolina fans if they like Duke fans, ask Michigan fans if they like Ohio State fans...the answer will always be a RESOUNDING "hell no". Their is hatred, and passion on both sides, and THAT'S what makes a true rivalry.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #193 on: December 05, 2018, 09:30:23 AM »
MUeagle

My oldest son transferred from MU to UW during his Soph year for financial reasons and I get your point. That said, he was a MU fan attending UW. Sounds like you were MU guy that attended UWW. All good by me!!

muguru

• All American
« Reply #194 on: December 05, 2018, 09:31:30 AM »

I have a really good friend who is a UW season ticket holder.  He takes me to the game whenever its in Madison.  We actually grab a beer beforehand and oftentimes after.

I guess he's a bad Badger fan despite him having tickets since the Fieldhouse days.  And I'm a bad Warrior fan for fraternizing with him.

This makes me want to puke...literally. Then again, with you, it doesn't surprise me in the least.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #195 on: December 05, 2018, 09:33:09 AM »

What are you freakin' smokin?  Eng's wonderful wife is a UW alum.  Of course she should wear red to the game and long ago acquiesced that #nored and Eng never would.  All the rest of the time she's a dutiful and spirited MU backer sporting her blue/gold in support of her husband's passion.  Cripes some of you have misplaced priorities.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #196 on: December 05, 2018, 09:33:22 AM »

I agree. I don't care who you root for; but I can't stand it when people say "We" and "Us" for schools that they didn't attend.

I have a few high school friends that are especially bad about this regarding Notre Dame, and I am forced to say, "What's this 'we' crap?  You went to the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga!"
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #197 on: December 05, 2018, 09:36:01 AM »
I agree. I don't care who you root for; but I can't stand it when people say "We" and "Us" for schools that they didn't attend.

I have a few high school friends that are especially bad about this regarding Notre Dame, and I am forced to say, "What's this 'we' crap?  You went to the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga!"

+1000

Notre Dame might be my biggest pet peeve in sports.
Maigh Eo for Sam

muguru

• All American
« Reply #198 on: December 05, 2018, 09:36:16 AM »

I know, there were a bunch in my section...that's completely different though..in regards to the fact that, they are NOT rivals, and without even knowing a single one of them, they are NOT pompous and as arrogant as Badger fans. Like I said, the ONLY red I ever want to see, is the section that is allotted to family and friends of the program...but when I see Red scattered throughout the arena, that's what pisses me off. Inexcuseable.

I had an extra pair of badger tickets, I do every year, and I will ALWAYS ALWAYS find an MU fan to sell them to at face value..if I don't/can't, I will eat them. I do my part, everyone else should to.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #199 on: December 05, 2018, 09:37:02 AM »
Ask UL fans if they like Kentucky fans or vice versa...Ask Carolina fans if they like Duke fans, ask Michigan fans if they like Ohio State fans...the answer will always be a RESOUNDING "hell no". Their is hatred, and passion on both sides, and THAT'S what makes a true rivalry.

Yes.  The one thing this country needs is more division and hatred.  (And you are exaggerating too. I'm sure my friend who is a Michigan alum and a tenured professor at Ohio State is well liked by his colleagues and vice versa.)

Look, it's just sports.