[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Superspreader event  (Read 19746 times)

pacearrow02

• Starter
Re: Superspreader event
« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2021, 08:11:25 AM »
Yes, it would appear to me that an individual has made it their goal to get a bunch of threads locked by baiting people into arguments, repeatedly shifting the goalposts, and then playing the victim card when people get frustrated.

Strange. Another poster here used to do things like that all the time.

Where did I shift goalposts?  Not trying to play victim but when accused of not being cordial and the thread history shows anything but that being the truth what do you want me to do? 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2021, 08:40:18 AM »
Where did I shift goalposts?  Not trying to play victim but when accused of not being cordial and the thread history shows anything but that being the truth what do you want me to do?

"Not trying to play victim here, but like always, I'm going to play victim here."
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2021, 09:08:52 AM »
"Not trying to play victim here, but like always, I'm going to play victim here."

So you think it’s normal to be told to have your face rubbed in sh*t and to go f*ck yourself?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2021, 09:12:27 AM »
So you think it’s normal to be told to have your face rubbed in sh*t and to go f*ck yourself?

Depends on if you're purposely being obtuse or not. You either:

1. Are purposely trying to be obtuse on Biden taking that photo ignoring the ample evidence that the event was masked for 99.9% of the time, and that he's vaccinated, and that they're likely somewhat in each other's bubbles.

In this case, yes being told that is normal.

Or

2. You truly don't believe it was right, and are willing to die on a very odd hill given that you didn't criticize your own side for much worse.

In this case no you don't deserve to be told to eat your own $hit.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2021, 09:20:32 AM »

Someone hasn't ever commuted via subway before, haha

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2021, 09:24:52 AM »

When the shoe fits
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2021, 09:25:55 AM »
The thing I don’t get is why is this all or nothing.  I consider myself a mask wearer.  I do not wear one in my office, unless I am going to engage with someone from outside my office without social distancing.  I do not wear one outside.  I will walk wide to avoid passing close to someone outside.  I wear one in the grocery store.  I do not wear one around my immediate family or very tight circles.  Yet, I consider myself a mask wearer.

So, not wearing one at a podium when addressing reporters or a crowd makes sense to me.  They are quite a distance away from the speaker and the speaker needs to be understood.  At the inauguration event a lot of it was outside, so again, the mask wearing/non—mask wearing makes sense depending on proximity.  When the President was with his immediate family, again, non-mask wearing makes sense.

But no, first thing someone mentions is Biden does not have his mask on 100% of the time….so it must not be important, or he is not following the rules, or….whatever. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2021, 09:31:13 AM »
The thing I don’t get is why is this all or nothing.  I consider myself a mask wearer.  I do not wear one in my office, unless I am going to engage with someone from outside my office without social distancing.  I do not wear one outside.  I will walk wide to avoid passing close to someone outside.  I wear one in the grocery store.  I do not wear one around my immediate family or very tight circles.  Yet, I consider myself a mask wearer.

So, not wearing one at a podium when addressing reporters or a crowd makes sense to me.  They are quite a distance away from the speaker and the speaker needs to be understood.  At the inauguration event a lot of it was outside, so again, the mask wearing/non—mask wearing makes sense depending on proximity.  When the President was with his immediate family, again, non-mask wearing makes sense.

But no, first thing someone mentions is Biden does not have his mask on 100% of the time….so it must not be important, or he is not following the rules, or….whatever.

The point of it, in my opinion, is that the right feels that the left put themselves on a pedestal of precaution during the last year while the leader of their party did nothing to mitigate risk in his circles nor inspire mitigation amongst supporters. Due to that, they are now looking for reasons to say "see! You guys aren't the perfect angels you act like you are!" When actually, as you state, there's simple common sense mask wearing that's all that really needs to be used. Nobody is going to be wearing a mask 24/7 unless they're a major hypochondriac and nor should they have to either.
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2021, 09:33:44 AM »

There is nothing to "get."  PA02 is just trying to score political points.

And what you say is extremely sensible. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2021, 09:39:24 AM »
The point of it, in my opinion, is that the right feels that the left put themselves on a pedestal of precaution during the last year while the leader of their party did nothing to mitigate risk in his circles nor inspire mitigation amongst supporters. Due to that, they are now looking for reasons to say "see! You guys aren't the perfect angels you act like you are!" When actually, as you state, there's simple common sense mask wearing that's all that really needs to be used. Nobody is going to be wearing a mask 24/7 unless they're a major hypochondriac and nor should they have to either.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2021, 10:04:11 AM »

Yep.

"Mask-wearers" are people who wear masks when the situation warrants, as per the CDC guidelines, which make distinctions based on interaction with and/or proximity to others. Removing a mask at a podium when others are at a safe distance doesn't negate that.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2021, 10:24:01 AM »
Someone hasn't ever commuted via subway before, haha

This made me laugh. I definitely do not miss riding subways.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2021, 11:55:27 AM »

So you think it's normal to troll forums, get banned dozens of times, come back, play the victim card, start trolling again and think it's okay?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 12:50:20 PM by rocky_warrior »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2021, 12:06:39 PM »
I am constantly amazed that people here continued to get stuck in mindless arguments with chico. Don't be played so easily!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2021, 12:27:57 PM »
I have learned and used the ignore feature.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2021, 12:50:03 PM »
So you think it's normal to troll forums, get banned dozens of times, come back, play the victim card, start trolling again and think it's okay?

He's a chicos, but he's not who you think he is.  And...tone it down...

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2021, 12:54:14 PM »

Thanks Rocky, I’ve tried to tell them!?!?!  And i respectively disagree with your categorization of me being a “chico” but I won’t sweat it.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2021, 01:11:59 PM »
Thanks Rocky, I’ve tried to tell them!?!?!  And i respectively disagree with your categorization of me being a “chico” but I won’t sweat it.

So 5$ goes silent and Pace shows back up and won’t stop posting.

Welcome back, Ners!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2021, 01:17:34 PM »
So 5$ goes silent and Pace shows back up and won’t stop posting.

Welcome back, Ners!

5dollar said he wasn't in school during the successful run. Ners was posting under ellonmusk during birth these two.

Pace started in 2014 so you having to think people banned prior to that. Even then that's assuming that Rocky is insinuating he was a previous poster.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2021, 01:38:24 PM »

chico, ners, keefe - they are all the same to me.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2021, 02:00:12 PM »
There are people who follow the guidelines, wear masks when appropriate, and, there are those that don't. It's pretty straight forward.

The varied specific.areas for me are people inside at a place of business who wear masks, but do so improperly. Some are lazy. Some are choosing to wear improperly because they will wear a mask, but only reluctantly because it is required. Some are also not well informed. (Yes this includes but is not limited to those who wear a plastic visor only without the mask underneath)

Trolls troll.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2021, 02:35:34 PM »
I’m not defending the blatant trolling here, but to speak to part of what I think legitimately annoys people, the symbolic theater of mask wearing has gotten pretty profound. Not that the majority of mask wearing isn’t proper and necessary, but you have announcers at a basketball game, sitting 10 feet apart, behind plexiglass shields, wearing masks to broadcast the game.  Then you have some speeches given outdoors with proper distance where the speaker is wearing a mask.  Both, IMO, unnecessary and for show. So then when you get people that are in that scenario, and don’t wear a mask, even if reasonable, it gives ammo to the people who think mask wearing is a farce. It’s dumb and you should be able to use judgement to assess, but at least I understand the basic perspective more than “such and such pertaining to COVID is a hoax/mind control”

Really f-ing sick of listening to games where the announcers are muffled tho. Either strictly have them remote, or drop the charade, no reason they can’t broadcast in an empty arena without a mask

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2021, 03:02:19 PM »
I’m not defending the blatant trolling here, but to speak to part of what I think legitimately annoys people, the symbolic theater of mask wearing has gotten pretty profound. Not that the majority of mask wearing isn’t proper and necessary, but you have announcers at a basketball game, sitting 10 feet apart, behind plexiglass shields, wearing masks to broadcast the game.  Then you have some speeches given outdoors with proper distance where the speaker is wearing a mask.  Both, IMO, unnecessary and for show. So then when you get people that are in that scenario, and don’t wear a mask, even if reasonable, it gives ammo to the people who think mask wearing is a farce. It’s dumb and you should be able to use judgement to assess, but at least I understand the basic perspective more than “such and such pertaining to COVID is a hoax/mind control”

Really f-ing sick of listening to games where the announcers are muffled tho. Either strictly have them remote, or drop the charade, no reason they can’t broadcast in an empty arena without a mask

I like it when the politician is speaking with a mask, but the ASL interpreter is right next to them with no mask.

Also people that wear masks on zoom meetings.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2021, 03:06:45 PM »
I like it when the politician is speaking with a mask, but the ASL interpreter is right next to them with no mask.

Also people that wear masks on zoom meetings.

Early in the pandemic I saw someone intentionally give a car a 6 ft social distance berth while crossing the street. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2021, 03:36:42 PM »
I have absolutely zero problem with anyone taking a "better safe than sorry" approach.  If that means wearing a mask in their own car with nobody in it, or wearing a mask while announcing a sporting event, or wearing a mask while in their own house, then good on them.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter