'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Louisville Board..."Marquette getting jobbed"  (Read 2271 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

🏀

• All American
Re: Louisville Board..."Marquette getting jobbed"
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 09:10:02 PM »
I became a huge Louisville fan tonight. Hoping they scrub GTown by 20.

Anyone else feel that the G'Town bench should have received multiple technicals tonight?

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 09:21:47 PM »
Yeah, I'd say so

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=17#s=17&f=2755&t=2122996
Other than the missed goaltending call, there was no other big call that clearly was a bad call against us.  It's just that every call that COULD have gone either way seemed to go against us down the stretch and in OT.  Our own mistakes cost us more than the refs mistakes did.  Louisville was rooting for us big time as a win for us would have given them a leg up for the BE title.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 09:26:05 PM »

Anyone else feel that the G'Town bench should have received multiple technicals tonight?
No.  We do that too.  It's up to the refs to decide what they're going to do about the benches and such, and if they don't warn them they can't just go right to a technical foul.  Marquette's bench does the same thing, but nobody screams for us to get a technical foul for it.  I'm starting to see why people don't like the people who sit in section 106.  They sit and scream all day about the reffing going against Marquette, and then when there is a blatant foul or our bench is on the court or whatever, they go nuts if something is done by the refs.  We expect to be able to play football but the opposing team to be called like it's 5th grade girls basketball.  We got JOBBED today, but if you want a technical for their bench then our bench needs to get it too.  I think every team in a big game like that would have their bench standing.  Also, why do those people think they own the BC?  They scream to the cheerleaders what to cheer, yell at other sections when they aren't cheering the right way (which I don't get...why can they tell other people how to cheer? Raise your hands to get the crowd into it, but you can't scream and point at people telling them how to cheer...), and their whole purpose is to get on the jumbotron/TV.  There were multiple times where they would show somebody on the jumbotron and somebody about 5 rows in front of them would throw up their big head, just so they could say they were on the jumbotron, when it was really just their big head.  Also, have to love how 95% of the signs had something to do with CBS, most pretty lame efforts to get on TV.  If I were to make something like that to get on TV, it'd just be what everyone's saying when they make those..."Hey CBS, I'm taping this game because there is a slim chance that I get on national television, so could you help me out and put me on TV?  Thanks!"

Anyhow, we got jobbed.  Didn't make our free-throws, but shouldn't have had to.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 09:57:31 PM »

No.  We do that too.  It's up to the refs to decide what they're going to do about the benches and such, and if they don't warn them they can't just go right to a technical foul.  Marquette's bench does the same thing, but nobody screams for us to get a technical foul for it.  I'm starting to see why people don't like the people who sit in section 106.  They sit and scream all day about the reffing going against Marquette, and then when there is a blatant foul or our bench is on the court or whatever, they go nuts if something is done by the refs.  We expect to be able to play football but the opposing team to be called like it's 5th grade girls basketball.  We got JOBBED today, but if you want a technical for their bench then our bench needs to get it too.  I think every team in a big game like that would have their bench standing.  Also, why do those people think they own the BC?  They scream to the cheerleaders what to cheer, yell at other sections when they aren't cheering the right way (which I don't get...why can they tell other people how to cheer? Raise your hands to get the crowd into it, but you can't scream and point at people telling them how to cheer...), and their whole purpose is to get on the jumbotron/TV.  There were multiple times where they would show somebody on the jumbotron and somebody about 5 rows in front of them would throw up their big head, just so they could say they were on the jumbotron, when it was really just their big head.  Also, have to love how 95% of the signs had something to do with CBS, most pretty lame efforts to get on TV.  If I were to make something like that to get on TV, it'd just be what everyone's saying when they make those..."Hey CBS, I'm taping this game because there is a slim chance that I get on national television, so could you help me out and put me on TV?  Thanks!"

Anyhow, we got jobbed.  Didn't make our free-throws, but shouldn't have had to.

That's funny. I've never seen any Marquette assistant spend as much time on the playing court than that one G'Town assistant. Also, late in the second half, two G'Town players left the bench before a play had been whistled dead. Our bench has been out of line, but even watching highlights you can see them all over the place, particularly one assistant coach that received a warning earlier in the game.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 11:35:00 PM »
Yeah, I'd say so

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=17#s=17&f=2755&t=2122996
Other than the missed goaltending call, there was no other big call that clearly was a bad call against us.  It's just that every call that COULD have gone either way seemed to go against us down the stretch and in OT.  Our own mistakes cost us more than the refs mistakes did.  Louisville was rooting for us big time as a win for us would have given them a leg up for the BE title.

Here is where I get frustrated as an MU fan. You are dead on, but why don't we get these calls at home. If this were UW playing GTown at the Khol center, the blocking foul on Burke and the James foul on Wallace would never have been called. I know this sounds like sour grapes, and it pretty much is, but what do we have to do to get some calls at home?

I also am getting soooo frustrated with James and McNeal. They are great players and extremely talented but they are both streaky and confident to a fault. There is a big difference between confidence and composure. How many times do these guys drive to the basket, run into a 7 footer, fall down, no call, ball going the other way? Even worse, they make some circus shot and we're guaranteed another 10 questionable shots.

There is no question we are a talented team but I never know what team is going to show up. I mean seriously, would it really have suprised anybody today if we won by 20, got blown out by 20, or lost in OT like we did? We are an exciting athletic team that could beat any team in the country when we play well, but I swear this team is going to kill me. MU BBall may actually end my life.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 11:30:36 AM »
ya i noticed that GT asst., their coaches were all over the place. they looked like the dookies w/their cute matching suits
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 10:14:32 PM by muhoosier260 »

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 09:34:18 PM »

I was sitting behind the GT bench and the coaches and players stood up and blocked people's views numerous times - so much so that several people sitting in those first few rows were yelling at them to sit down.  I saw the officials (one in particular) warn them at least three times for all of them to sit down.  But they continued to do it. During one of those times when the GT players were standing up, a gentlemen yelled at them to sit down and when they did, the player whose number was #1 (sorry, don't remember his name) actually leaned over, in defiance, and pulled the jersey of his teammate (to the left of him) in an upward manner to get him to stand up (which he did) and then turn around and glare at the gentlemen who told them to sit down.  What a class act (rolling eyes).

Now, I've sat in these seats for every home game and have never had this problem until this one.  The refs still allowed them to get away with it and gave up on it in the second half.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 10:03:58 PM »
last time i checked this year officials were suppose to more strictly enforce the bench rules. it seemed like JT3 could have gone all the way to half court and his assistants 4 ft on the floor and the refs wouldn't have done anything. That, in it self is a mark of a poor crew, not being able to keep the bench in line as they are supposed to.