[May 20, 2024, 11:10:42 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 20, 2024, 03:33:38 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by rocket surgeon
[May 20, 2024, 05:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: YouTube video up of DJ's foul before the end of regulation  (Read 2610 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
SS Marquette

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Re: YouTube video up of DJ's foul before the end of regulation
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 08:45:57 PM »
Certainly not a bad call. Make your GD FT's!

5YearsatMU

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 08:58:07 PM »
WRONG.  it was a bad call.  he was no where near a shooting motion, and was barely, if at all, touched.   

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 09:06:05 PM »
WRONG.  it was a bad call.  he was no where near a shooting motion, and was barely, if at all, touched.   
I said this in another thread, but I watched the replay in slo mo on a big screen HD Plasma several times and I am absolutely 100% sure that James fouled the shooter in his shooting motion clearly on the left wrist/forearm and got little if any ball at all.  I am a die hard MU fan who was just crushed by the loss. 

It was a terrible, terrible decision by James to stick his hand in there.  And even if he had blocked or stripped it cleanly, there was a bigger likelihood that the ref would have made a mistake and called a foul than that the shooter would have made the shot had he simply stuck his hands straight in the air.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 09:11:50 PM »
I said this in another thread, but I watched the replay in slo mo on a big screen HD Plasma several times and I am absolutely 100% sure that James fouled the shooter in his shooting motion clearly on the left wrist/forearm and got little if any ball at all.  I am a die hard MU fan who was just crushed by the loss. 

It was a terrible, terrible decision by James to stick his hand in there.  And even if he had blocked or stripped it cleanly, there was a bigger likelihood that the ref would have made a mistake and called a foul than that the shooter would have made the shot had he simply stuck his hands straight in the air.

100% correct. Good call, and a stupid, almost inexcusable foul by James. Wallace is a good shooter, but make him make the shot for God's sake...on the run....from the corner...without setting his feet...or squaring his shoulders. This whining about that call makes my hair hurt. As I have said before, if we make 1/2 of the FT's we missed in the first half, that game is never close.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 09:14:26 PM »
I will say this though...the zebras do love Georgetown. Unfortunately for us BE fans, that is likely to catch up to them in the NCAA.  They've been living on the edge all year.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 11:28:29 AM »
I will say this though...the zebras do love Georgetown. Unfortunately for us BE fans, that is likely to catch up to them in the NCAA.  They've been living on the edge all year.
ya, someone else was saying this in another thread, but GT (yes i'm going to call them that just to spite those pompous pricks on the GT board) is half a dozen (its not even just 1 or 2, its a repetition) calls away from having a very average record

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 11:33:34 AM »

One and done. Mark it down. Easy first round game, and I'm hoping they get a crappy match-up in the second. They get run out of the court by a team that wants it more.

romey

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 12:16:13 PM »

ya, someone else was saying this in another thread, but GT (yes i'm going to call them that just to spite those pompous pricks on the GT board) is half a dozen (its not even just 1 or 2, its a repetition) calls away from having a very average record
I'm going to say this, not to be argumentative, but when I started coming to this board and I kept reading "GT" I thought, when did Georgia Tech get on our schedule (I'm in ACC/SEC territory.  I guess if people referred to us as UM we'd get a little testy wouldn't we?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 12:21:19 PM »

I'm going to say this, not to be argumentative, but when I started coming to this board and I kept reading "GT" I thought, when did Georgia Tech get on our schedule (I'm in ACC/SEC territory.  I guess if people referred to us as UM we'd get a little testy wouldn't we?

Except we are not University Marquette.

romey

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 12:23:39 PM »
Okay, they're not George Town, and I guess they could call us (like they said on their site) MQ.  Frankly, I have absolutely NO connection to Georgetown - as a matter of fact I've always been a Georgetown "hater".

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 12:26:13 PM »
Okay, they're not George Town, and I guess they could call us (like they said on their site) MQ.  Frankly, I have absolutely NO connection to Georgetown - as a matter of fact I've always been a Georgetown "hater".

That is true. I kind of like MQ actually.

romey

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 12:28:58 PM »
unique anyway, right?
With that being said, screw them GT it is.

Pardner

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 12:29:21 PM »

We don't want to confuse them with Gonzaga University--our other Jesuit brethren with a good b-ball team.  It is bad enough that we share (A)Hoya with GT and Golden Eagles with BC.