[Today at 11:22:07 AM]

NIL Future by Pakuni
[Today at 10:19:01 AM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 09:41:14 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: A few observations  (Read 1450 times)

AlumKCof93

• All American
A few observations
« on: March 01, 2008, 05:28:24 PM »
I thought we played overall, with great heart and determination.  As long as we play as well as we did today and receive contributions from so many, I think we'll be in good shape in the tourney.  That said, these are my general thoughts as I still try to come to terms with this loss.

1) I love DJ.  He had a great game today, although his last possession was not his best moment.  As for the foul at the end, its easy to say he shoulndn't have put himself in that position, but he was just playing ball.  He's a great defender. 
2) I've been frustrated by McNeal at many points this year.  I love his toughness though and thought he played well today.  Its a shame so many of his shots rim out.
3) Its amazing how Wes performs if he makes his first shot.  He becomes aggressive and plays well.  If he misses the first shot, he tends to disappear.
4) Great moment for Burke.  It was great to see.
5) I really like Gtown.  They play with heart and class.  I'm glad we're in the same conference as them.
6) I like Clark Kellogg, but come on.  Every call the ref made was correct?  He seemed awfully pro-gtown to me.
7) I'm not really serious about this, but perhaps we can take down Doc Rivers banner when he roots against us?
8) Free throws.  It just came down to ft's.  It just wasn't meant to be today.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

CTWarrior

• All American
Re: A few observations
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 05:38:14 PM »

6) I like Clark Kellogg, but come on.  Every call the ref made was correct?  He seemed awfully pro-gtown to me.
7) I'm not really serious about this, but perhaps we can take down Doc Rivers banner when he roots against us?

6)  Don't think CK was pro-G'town, but he is from the school of announcers that agrees with every call, and so many close calls went G'town's way, I could see why you think that.
7)  Doc Rivers didn't deserve to get his number retired anyway (13 ppg, 4+ apg, 1 NCAA tournament win in 3 years, doesn't play his senior year when he wasn't even a first round pick = your number retired?), so I think we reverse the decision for rooting against us.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 06:03:06 PM by CTWarrior »
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 05:52:25 PM »
Take Doc down. And get him off the Board of Trustees.

romey

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 06:24:56 PM »
funny comments about Doc.  I was in school when he was and I remember thinking he was not ready for the NBA when he left.  Probably more upset that he left MU and hurt our team vs. what his chances were as a pro.  But I agree - I don't think his jersey should be retired based on his college resume.

4everwarriors

• All American
Just Curious
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 06:37:23 PM »
Would you be saying the same things if Jeremiah had chosen MU?

Unfortunately, Doc played on some teams devoid of talent while a Warrior. Hell, he had to do everything while here including jumping center to start the game. Being a doer of many and master of none certainly hurt his draft position. Those who scout talent obviously weren't fooled as Glenn had a long and productive NBA career. The retirement of his jersey is well earned and deserved.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 06:50:11 PM »
funny comments about Doc.  I was in school when he was and I remember thinking he was not ready for the NBA when he left.  Probably more upset that he left MU and hurt our team vs. what his chances were as a pro.  But I agree - I don't think his jersey should be retired based on his college resume.

When Doc left it was the last year with no salary cap.  The thinking was that he'd get a much better contract before the cap was in place.

CTWarrior

• All American
Re: Just Curious
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 06:53:17 PM »
Would you be saying the same things if Jeremiah had chosen MU?

Unfortunately, Doc played on some teams devoid of talent while a Warrior. Hell, he had to do everything while here including jumping center to start the game. Being a doer of many and master of none certainly hurt his draft position. Those who scout talent obviously weren't fooled as Glenn had a long and productive NBA career. The retirement of his jersey is well earned and deserved.

This thread is obviously a little tongue in cheek, but I do not think he deserved to have his number retired,  I was at MU for his three years.  Those who scout talent, by the way, apparently WERE fooled and not all that impressed by his play at MU because he was not drafted in the first round.  The fact that he played well in the NBA doesn't magically make his play at MU better.  The teams he played for were not devoid of talent either.  It's not like he was playing with Brian Wardle or Tony Smith's supporting casts or something.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

feedback