[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:37:37 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 61% from the line and 34% from the field and 0 points LH, we lose in overtime  (Read 2093 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Lazar Hayward with zero points

If you would have told me before the game that we would shoot 61% from the line and 34% from the field and Lazar had zero points....I'd have said we lost by 20
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 04:24:43 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: 61% from the line and 34% from the field and we lose in overtime
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 04:08:39 PM »
MU gave this game away.

plain and simple

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 04:09:35 PM »
Yup....but I'd like a little help from the zebras too....or just call it the right way.

Here's the boxscore

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=280610269

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 04:10:27 PM »
Yup....but I'd like a little help from the zebras too....or just call it the right way.

true dat....but none of it would have mattered if MU makes one more FT in the first 40 minutes, or if James didnt get two brain cramps in the second half

romey

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 04:14:41 PM »
Looking at the box score - I don't remember Fitz hitting a three.  Was that early on before CBS switched over from the Dook game?  Who started by the way?  When we joined the telecast it was Cubillan and Mbakwe on the floor.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 04:18:31 PM »
Looking at the box score - I don't remember Fitz hitting a three.  Was that early on before CBS switched over from the Dook game?  Who started by the way?  When we joined the telecast it was Cubillan and Mbakwe on the floor.

He hit it in the first half, towards the end, TV had already joined the game.  It put MU up 8 at the time, but then Georgetown went on an 8-0 run.

James, McNeal, Matthews, Hayward and Barro started.

romey

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 04:20:21 PM »
thanks bma - I guess I just missed the Fitz three and of course we couldn't see the start of the game down south (or in most of the rest of the country either it sounds like)

nyg

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 04:28:40 PM »
I agree that if you said the following, we should lose by 20:  Hayward 0-9, McNeal 5-21, Trevor 0-4, 14 missed freethrows, 11 point lead at 10 minute mark.  When DJ stole the ball and dunked at about 10 minute mark, it was huge spark.  The crowd got into the game. Then GT went on 9-0 run and back and forth till end. Then Burke with Sportscenter dunk, but misses free throw.  Then the foul on three pointer. Then Wallace's prayer. Alot of "thens"  Free throws were the demise, we make half of the 14 misses and we win by 7.  Not the sign of a championship bound team.

Never ran and GT was able to set up in their zone, which is effective with Hibbert in the middle.  With his height and reach, along with getting the refs calls, just tough to stop. Very frustrating and can't imagine how the team feels now.  Hope it doesn't effect Cuse game.

romey

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 04:35:23 PM »

Never ran and GT was able to set up in their zone, which is effective with Hibbert in the middle.  With his height and reach, along with getting the refs calls, just tough to stop. Very frustrating and can't imagine how the team feels now.  Hope it doesn't effect Cuse game.

I observed that too.  There were times where I saw we had the ball after a rebound and Hibbert was trailing our guys and yet we didn't push it.  Go, go, go - it was pointed out on this board before the game that he tires, so why di we walk it up and let him plug the middle?

nyg

• All American
He does tire and we took the lead when he was on the bench with five to go.  He came back in with two to go.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
Hayward looked very tentative this afternoon.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but early on he had an air ball or two, and never seemed to get his stroke from outside, and was atrocious underneath the basket.  Missed a few close footers. 
Ludum habemus.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
Nothin' complicated about this one...MU and Georgetown about even. MU played well, if they make half of their missed FT's in the first half, and that game isn't close.

Beyond that, MU seemed content to play GU's game, as they led most of the game doing so, problem is, you get away from what you do long enough, you're going to lose.

JT3 is a very good coach. That whole Patrick Ewing Jr., PG thing was genius and MU had no answer.

Make a FT, get a point from Lazar and MU wins.

Disappointing loss. I guess the good news is, we're prrtty good. I love TC, but I think JT3 took him out back and beat him silly today. He needs to be a little more stubborn, or a little less. I'm not quite sure.

79Warrior

• All American
Lazar Hayward with zero points

If you would have told me before the game that we would shoot 61% from the line and 34% from the field and Lazar had zero points....I'd have said we lost by 20

Better still, how the hell did Georgetown have so many frigging turnovers and still win? we just did not have the ability to make them pay for turnovers. we should have won this one walking away.