'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MurphysTillClose
[Today at 01:45:25 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 01:42:55 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MU82
[May 20, 2024, 10:14:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Have to say it...  (Read 6288 times)

15th and Kil

• Walk-On
Re: Have to say it...
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2008, 04:46:27 PM »

I would never want Farve on my team, so in regards to your question, yes.  I want him to leave. 
[/quote]
Whether you're a Packer fan or not - to make this statement is ludicrous.  I'm just curious, what is this team of yours that you would NEVER want Favre on?
[/quote]

Whether or not I'm a Packer fan?  So why do you need to know then?  And can you please stick to the topic?  I'm sure there's a forum somewhere for Packer fans to write on when they aren't out hunting.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2008, 04:48:43 PM »
ok 15th and Kil - thanks for jumping and and dissing James after the loss- we've talked about this ad nauseum - where were you after his 25 point game this week?

I wasn't there with my nose shoved up his butt.

If you have been here before you'd know that plenty of people on this board have complained about his weaknesses.  That said, despite him we are a better team with him on the floor.

Aw jesus, just because I don't have 198 posts MUST mean I've never looked at what's been posted on this forum, AND it must mean I know nothing about Marquette basketball!  Let me pretend I know everything about college basketball too, then I'll fit in with you dorks better.

If you think we'd be better off without our only High D-I quality point guard, then I would question your bball IQ.  You, of course, are entitled to your opinion regardless of how many posts you've made.  I never understood that criticism anyway.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

romey

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2008, 04:49:47 PM »
Thanks for the stereotype genius.  I last hunted about 35 years ago when I was a kid.

15th and Kil

• Walk-On
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2008, 04:57:46 PM »
ok 15th and Kil - thanks for jumping and and dissing James after the loss- we've talked about this ad nauseum - where were you after his 25 point game this week?

I wasn't there with my nose shoved up his butt.

If you have been here before you'd know that plenty of people on this board have complained about his weaknesses.  That said, despite him we are a better team with him on the floor.

Aw jesus, just because I don't have 198 posts MUST mean I've never looked at what's been posted on this forum, AND it must mean I know nothing about Marquette basketball!  Let me pretend I know everything about college basketball too, then I'll fit in with you dorks better.

If you think we'd be better off without our only High D-I quality point guard, then I would question your bball IQ.  You, of course, are entitled to your opinion regardless of how many posts you've made.  I never understood that criticism anyway.

I agree with the number of posts comment.  But I'd never said we'd be better off without James.  He's too inconsistent of a player, gets injured wayyyy too easily, and I think having James on the court as much as he has the past 3 years has really hindered other players' decision making ability because they have become too dependent upon James.  I don't think we'd be better, but I don't think we'd be much worse.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 05:00:14 PM by 15th and Kil »

romey

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2008, 05:18:27 PM »
just another reason why I can't stand James.  The sooner he's outta here, the better.  LEAVE.

This quote pretty much says you think we'd be better without him.  Then you backtrack and say we wouldn't be better, but we wouldn't be worse.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2008, 05:24:28 PM »
just another reason why I can't stand James.  The sooner he's outta here, the better.  LEAVE.

This quote pretty much says you think we'd be better without him.  Then you backtrack and say we wouldn't be better, but we wouldn't be worse.

exactly what i was talking about.  if you make statements like that people will bring them up.  If 15th had more posts he'd know that

nyg

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2008, 06:04:41 PM »
J hope DJ stays.  He had a Monster last game and today he made some errors that the NBA staffers do not like to see.  Mental errors.  Significant mental errors. He really hurt himself with his position if he decides to explore the NBA waters again.  I hope he returns for his last year and enjoys his experiences, well not today's.   

1990Warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2008, 06:58:36 AM »
just be thankful you were able to watch the end..

first, cbs refuses to switch to the MU game because duke is finishing up a close game at nc state.

then that ends and we see the remaining 13 minutes or so of the first half.. and the 2nd.. then before the start of OT, cbs SWITCHES to texas/texas tech (and to other games for other areas).. just when I about have channelsurfing.net about to work, cbs switches back to catch 2 minutes left of the MU OT....

THEN.. with like 47 seconds left they switch BACK to texas tech?!?

THEN they switch back to MU for the final 8 seconds just cuz they want to shove the dagger in deeper.. ugh.. cannot stand cbs.

I had a post about this.  Apparently, it affected other people in redneck states as well with the game being completely pre-empted.  If anyone knows how to tell the powers that be - I would suggest ESPN as the broadcaster for National Marquette day as they would be much more reliable for a nationwide audience.  However, I did drive to see the game with other alums for the first time and would definately recommend that as the first option.

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2008, 07:04:37 AM »
...but DJ's foul was a killer, absolute killer. Get him while he's on the floor before he has a chance and play it out. Absolutely never, ever, ever foul a guy shooting a 3. DJ did it twice today.

Free throw shooting killed us too, but DJ's foul at the end of regulation was the decider in this one.

Three point lead...TC should have had them foul GU for the two FT's with 5 seconds left.  Deflection or not, the ref is going to call that foul on DJ at the end (and I think it was a deflection).  Not smart

I think the bigger fear from this strategy is that Georgetown would make the first, then intentionally miss the 2nd--and they had the height advantage to make this a real possiblitiy.   I'm not sure it's any smarter to intentionally put the Hoyas on the line.

feedback