[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fire Bill Scholl?  (Read 10107 times)

Eye

• All American
Re: Fire Bill Scholl?
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2018, 08:07:06 AM »
119 teams have won 20 games this year.
GO WARRIORS!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2018, 08:08:05 AM »
I did not go to Marquette because of the basketball team, but I probably wouldn't have spoken with the recruiter back in 1978 if I hadn't known of the school through the basketball team.  There certainly is value in that, particularly outside Wisconsin and the states immediately surrounding it.  But since you folks don't particularly want east coasters, maybe we should shuttle the program after all.

To quote my friend, who was the VP of Student Affairs at Butler during its two National Championship appearances, "Basketball gets them onto the front porch, but it's up to the rest of us to make them walk through the front door."
Have some patience, FFS.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2018, 09:24:53 AM »
I promise you one think you will not get five years to succeed in your job unless you work for the government, a university or a non profit.

Most coaches are given contracts around 4 or 5 years for a reason, that's the time it takes to get one's kids into the program, recruit for need, and let them become seniors.

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Hubert Davis

• Starter
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2018, 12:50:28 PM »
Do MU a favor and become a fan of some other school.

No thanks! I guess it's a crime for people like me to want and expect success from our men's basketball program considering all of the $ and resources that are dedicated to exactly that. And unlike all of you wojo apologists, I know the game of basketball pretty darn well, and 4 years in and all of Wojo's squads are pretty soft and all have had major issues. His teams lack toughness and are god-awful at defense. Yes, the squad adds some size in Morrow next season, but barring a pretty large turnaround, Wojo's tenure at MU has been mediocre at best. In year 5 it should be time to start competing for conference titles and top seeds in the tourney. If the Warriors can do that next season, FANTASTIC! ABOUT DAMN TIME! but if not, Wojo NEEDS to go...

Just win, baby!!!!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2018, 12:52:34 PM »
When did Buzz ever have a shot at a top seed? If I remember right, most were pretty surprised we even got a 3 seed in 2013.

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2018, 01:02:17 PM »
No thanks! I guess it's a crime for people like me to want and expect success from our men's basketball program considering all of the $ and resources that are dedicated to exactly that. And unlike all of you wojo apologists, I know the game of basketball pretty darn well, and 4 years in and all of Wojo's squads are pretty soft and all have had major issues. His teams lack toughness and are god-awful at defense. Yes, the squad adds some size in Morrow next season, but barring a pretty large turnaround, Wojo's tenure at MU has been mediocre at best. In year 5 it should be time to start competing for conference titles and top seeds in the tourney. If the Warriors can do that next season, FANTASTIC! ABOUT DAMN TIME! but if not, Wojo NEEDS to go...

Just win, baby!!!!

Marquette should just hire you then

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2018, 01:08:12 PM »
No thanks! I guess it's a crime for people like me to want and expect success from our men's basketball program considering all of the $ and resources that are dedicated to exactly that. And unlike all of you wojo apologists, I know the game of basketball pretty darn well

I love these posts. You're all idiots, but I know what I am talking about!
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2018, 01:18:19 PM »
When did Buzz ever have a shot at a top seed? If I remember right, most were pretty surprised we even got a 3 seed in 2013.

I and my blue and gold colored glasses always think we get screwed with seeding.  If they made us a 1 seed I think they screwed us because the 16 we are playing is too good.   Anyway, a team that tied for the Old Big East regular season title earned at least a 3 seed.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2018, 01:23:48 PM »
I love these posts. You're all idiots, but I know what I am talking about!

It's approaching performance art at this point. Wojo's an idiot. Anyone who thinks Wojo is a good coach must be idiots, as well. Fans: idiots. The administration: all idiots. Anyone who likes Wojo on Facebook: total idiot. Can't they see he's a loser!
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2018, 01:46:22 PM »
I and my blue and gold colored glasses always think we get screwed with seeding.  If they made us a 1 seed I think they screwed us because the 16 we are playing is too good.   Anyway, a team that tied for the Old Big East regular season title earned at least a 3 seed.

This made me curious. I went back and checked where we finished in KenPom rankings each season Buzz was here. Not a perfect system by any means but I was curious to see what seed KenPom said we "earned" vs what we actually got. Of course this includes postseason performances so it would be like seeding after the tourney was over.

08-09: KenPom: 19 "KenPom Seed" 5 Actual Seed: 6 (Round of 32)
09-10: KenPom: 24 "KenPom Seed" 6 Actual Seed: 6 (Round of 64)
10-11: KenPom: 26 "KenPom Seed" 7 Actual Seed: 11 (Sweet 16)
11-12: KenPom: 18 "KenPom Seed" 5 Actual Seed: 3 (Sweet 16)
12-13: KenPom  26 "KenPom Seed" 7 Actual Seed: 3 (Elite 8)

So the most underseeded we ever were per KenPom was 10-11 though that was impacted by our run to the Sweet 16.

The most interesting ones to me are 11-12 and 12-13. Despite deep runs in the tourney that should have brought our KenPom up, KenPom still had us as overseeded in one and significantly overseeded in the other.

Also, these numbers are why I expect Wojo to be "top 30" next season. While Buzz brought us a lot of postseason success (which I loved) he never had a team finish inside the top 15 of KenPom. Being a top 30 team is a difficult and noteworthy accomplishment.

Interestingly....Crean finished with a top 15 team twice, 02-03 and 07-08.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2018, 03:51:04 PM »
That’s laughable.  It’s amazing how many mediocre employees last 5, 25, 35 years, especially in large corporations.
Might want to try a different company.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

feedback