[May 15, 2024, 06:12:27 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Hards Alumni
[May 15, 2024, 01:48:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[May 15, 2024, 12:47:28 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[May 15, 2024, 09:31:52 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fire Bill Scholl?  (Read 10107 times)

Hubert Davis

• Starter
Fire Bill Scholl?
« on: March 12, 2018, 02:24:08 PM »
At what point is the AD held accountable for the underperformance of Marquette's largest athletic program, men's basketball? MU men's hoops is what drives this university. The success of the team reaches far beyond the athletic department. Having a lackluster program the past few years has been extremely frustrating. We can yell "Fire Wojo" all we want, but it has become clear that he is going to get next year to win or else...

If Wojo fails again next season, I think it is time to move on with him and ALSO hold Scholl and even Broeker, accountable.

This is getting ridiculous.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: Fire Bill Scholl?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 02:27:45 PM »
Except almost every other sport at Marquette have had their best seasons over the past three years. Lacrosse, women's basketball etc...

Also, go away troll.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 02:27:59 PM »
This is getting ridiculous.

Yes, it is.

Hubert Davis

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 02:35:54 PM »
Troll? Not so much. I'm a MU alum, lifelong fan and have connections to the program that run deep. I, however, am not a big fan of the current regime. Why would I be? Wojo hasn't won enough meaningful games. We're in the Fn NIT in year 4. This whole rebuild is taking a lot longer than most fans would like. Eventually, the act gets old. You can twist these disappointing seasons however you want, but the fact is that Marquette basketball simply isn't that good. Will we be good next season like everyone is predicting? I sure hope so. But if not, it's time to cut our losses with Wojo and get another coach who will hopefully have a lot more success.

I am aware of the successes of the other Marquette teams. However, we all know, men's basketball takes the cake. It is what drives the athletic department and the university. It's time to get MU hoops back on the level that Buzz had us at. Wasn't long ago!

The cute experiment with Wojo needs to come to an end if he doesn't get it done next season. Top 3 Big East finish, NCAA tourney bid and make it to the second weekend. Those are my expectations for a coach in his 5th season of trying to rebuild it his way...

Fire Wojo.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 02:41:37 PM »
*Sigh*

Doesn't look like you posted after the Nova win, or really after any wins. Troll's gonna troll. Not saying Wojo is Coach K by any stretch but what if the Dukies fired him after three poor seasons to start his tenure?

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 02:45:44 PM »
Yes, fire everyone and start the process over again. That will bring immediate results.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 02:46:50 PM »
Let's make this easier.  Who are we NOT firing?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 02:49:58 PM »
Troll? Not so much. I'm a MU alum, lifelong fan and have connections to the program that run deep. I, however, am not a big fan of the current regime. Why would I be? Wojo hasn't won enough meaningful games. We're in the Fn NIT in year 4. This whole rebuild is taking a lot longer than most fans would like. Eventually, the act gets old. You can twist these disappointing seasons however you want, but the fact is that Marquette basketball simply isn't that good. Will we be good next season like everyone is predicting? I sure hope so. But if not, it's time to cut our losses with Wojo and get another coach who will hopefully have a lot more success.

The current rebuild is taking too long, so you'd like to start another one? Brilliant logic.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 02:51:06 PM »
To what end?   Fire Scholl and Wojo!  How would that hiring process go?   What kind of coach would Marquette end up with?   Please.   This reads like it came from a Moscow basement.   Exists only to stir crap up.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 02:54:24 PM »
Did these same people want Buzz fired after the 2013-2014 season? Guy just led freaking Va Tech to back to back NCAAs for the first time in over 30 years!

I'm giving Wojo another year before grabbing a pitch fork.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 02:57:59 PM »
Ridiculous. Every other sport is doing fantastic. Only men's basketball hasn't been at the level we expect. To me that says if there is a problem it is not with the AD but with basketball coach. And even there, I'm not convinced that there's a problem. Ask me at the end of next season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

connie

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 02:59:11 PM »
Fire Lovell.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 03:03:23 PM »
an AD's job is to manage the entire department and all programs and MU's overall department is doing as well as ever.

You were probably one of the jackals calling for Bill Cords' head at one time too.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 03:04:28 PM »
Not sure that it would have mattered thus year but im a little annoyed tgat we are not capable of filling our schedule the last two years.  Afain most assuredky didnt make a difference but you have to winder hiw much of a factor it is on the commitee to hit that 20 win acheivement
Again prolly not that big of a deal but wtf the itger 350 d1 schools can fill a gd schedule
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2018, 03:05:14 PM »
Umm - I believe it is a reputation for high academic standards and a service-based philosophy that drives Marquette.  Don't really think most students pick Marquette as their choice for higher education because of the basketball team.  Just as most students do not pick Duke for its basketball team.  Let's get a grip on what we are talking about here, super-fan or not.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 03:05:57 PM »
Not sure that it would have mattered thus year but im a little annoyed tgat we are not capable of filling our schedule the last two years.  Afain most assuredky didnt make a difference but you have to winder hiw much of a factor it is on the commitee to hit that 20 win acheivement
Again prolly not that big of a deal but wtf the itger 350 d1 schools can fill a gd schedule

20 wins doesn't matter.

But add another legit non con game and win it?  That could have mattered. I don't agree with almost anything you say, but I do agree that we need to fill our 13 game non con allotment next season.  Punting a game the last 2 (3?) season was stupid.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 03:07:10 PM »
Why stop at Wojo and Scholl? Lovell hired them both. Might as well can him, as well. Replace the entire board of trustees while you're at it; they obviously couldn't be entrusted with running a preschool.

As far as I'm concerned, simply firing the lot of them doesn't go far enough. We want justice for this unacceptable malfeasance. These offenders should be publicly shamed and humiliated, stripped of all human dignity. Tarring and feathering them while they walk west out of town on Wisconsin Avenue ought to do it. Or perhaps stoning. I could go either way.

Win now. Or else. That ought to get our program on the right track.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2018, 03:08:28 PM »
Umm - I believe it is a reputation for high academic standards and a service-based philosophy that drives Marquette.  Don't really think most students pick Marquette as their choice for higher education because of the basketball team.  Just as most students do not pick Duke for its basketball team.  Let's get a grip on what we are talking about here, super-fan or not.

I didn't pick Marquette due to basketball.  I wasn't even remotely close to being a basketball fan prior to college.  But I knew of Marquette due to them having a recognizable basketball program.  Without it, there is almost no chance I would have felt it was worth checking out.  I doubt I am alone. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2018, 03:12:54 PM »
I think a reasonable approach would be to shut the entire school down, burn the buildings and salt the earth.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2018, 03:14:26 PM »

OK, multiple teams in the dance didn't win 20 games so let's move on from that metric shall we? The schedule was perfectly fine, at some point you have compete with the schedule you have and in the league to you are in. If MU beats DePaul on the road and Georgia at home, we're in easy. If MU beats Providence at home, we're in. If MU wins 1 out of any 4 of the X/Nova games we're in.

The schedule had absolutely nothing to do with this seasons results.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2018, 03:15:05 PM »
I think a reasonable approach would be to shut the entire school down, burn the buildings and salt the earth.

Is that before or after we detonate a subterranean nuke?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2018, 03:19:37 PM »
OK, multiple teams in the dance didn't win 20 games so let's move on from that metric shall we? The schedule was perfectly fine, at some point you have compete with the schedule you have and in the league to you are in. If MU beats DePaul on the road and Georgia at home, we're in easy. If MU beats Providence at home, we're in. If MU wins 1 out of any 4 of the X/Nova games we're in.

The schedule had absolutely nothing to do with this seasons results.

I understand and agree. Yet as little of a difference, it could have made some.
Lastly and most specifically tho relative to onesjob as an ad or an asst., should not one basic job requirement that one could expect would be to fill the fin schedule?? Again like the admins at the other 350 are able to do?  And two yrs in a row?  Plz wtf??!!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2018, 03:20:17 PM »

I am aware of the successes of the other Marquette teams. However, we all know, men's basketball takes the cake. It is what drives the athletic department and the university. It's time to get MU hoops back on the level that Buzz had us at. Wasn't long ago!

The cute experiment with Wojo needs to come to an end if he doesn't get it done next season. Top 3 Big East finish, NCAA tourney bid and make it to the second weekend. Those are my expectations for a coach in his 5th season of trying to rebuild it his way...

Fire Wojo.

Man, it’s going to be a long off season...

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2018, 03:20:20 PM »
What a stupid ass thread. Bill Scholl is fantastic and a complete breath of fresh air from Larry Williams who would find a way to interject himself into non issues and give the press quotes when none were needed. 

mugrack

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2018, 03:22:55 PM »
Yeah, lets hire Jean Lenti Ponsetto!!!! :o

feedback