[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2024 Green Bay Packers Thread  (Read 134479 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: 2023-24 Green Bay Packers Thread
« Reply #2575 on: December 24, 2023, 08:19:41 PM »
For a used jockstrap.

Let me ask some ball knowers
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2576 on: December 24, 2023, 09:10:52 PM »
Do you think the Packers should trade him?

For Fields

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2577 on: December 24, 2023, 09:26:50 PM »
For Fields
Or Mullens.  Or Dobbs. Or Zach Wilson.  Maybe Arod wants to come back.   Mac Jones?

Love was healthy all year.  In his first year as a starter.   Continued to improve and put up some excellent numbers.   Like it or not, the number of available upgrades are few.  Get some o-line help and some defensive playmakers.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2578 on: December 24, 2023, 10:17:10 PM »
Or Mullens.  Or Dobbs. Or Zach Wilson.  Maybe Arod wants to come back.   Mac Jones?

Love was healthy all year.  In his first year as a starter.   Continued to improve and put up some excellent numbers.   Like it or not, the number of available upgrades are few.  Get some o-line help and some defensive playmakers.

Completely agree. At the start of the year, I thought he would be a bust. But I think he will be starting in GB for years to come.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2579 on: December 24, 2023, 10:17:53 PM »
Was traveling all day so missed this game. Looks like Bryce Young had his career day, so thanks to the Packers for that. But the Panthers are still the Panthers, so you're welcome to all Packer backers.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2580 on: December 25, 2023, 07:12:36 AM »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2582 on: December 25, 2023, 07:31:02 AM »
As I said, I didn't see the game, but the Panthers are whining about getting hosed by the refs all day, especially on a couple of key calls at the end.

True, or just a bunch of whiny losers sounding like whiny losers?

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #2583 on: December 25, 2023, 07:41:34 AM »
Was traveling all day so missed this game. Looks like Bryce Young had his career day, so thanks to the Packers for that. But the Panthers are still the Panthers, so you're welcome to all Packer backers.

I didn’t see one play either, but thank you that your Panthers drove either another or maybe the final nail in the coffin of Joe Barry’s awful tenure as our d-coordinator.  Not trying to sound like an a-hole but your Panthers offensive struggles are well documented so a bright spot yesterday for them I am very pleased with. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2584 on: December 25, 2023, 08:12:37 AM »
As I said, I didn't see the game, but the Panthers are whining about getting hosed by the refs all day, especially on a couple of key calls at the end.

True, or just a bunch of whiny losers sounding like whiny losers?

Couple marginal calls. No more than usual.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2585 on: December 25, 2023, 10:30:26 AM »
I didn’t see one play either, but thank you that your Panthers drove either another or maybe the final nail in the coffin of Joe Barry’s awful tenure as our d-coordinator.  Not trying to sound like an a-hole but your Panthers offensive struggles are well documented so a bright spot yesterday for them I am very pleased with.

Calling the Panthers' offense "struggling" is not an insult to me or even them. It's just a fact!

I'm sure they're glad to help you get a new DC.

Couple marginal calls. No more than usual.

You know me ... I don't think refs calls decide outcomes 99.99% of the time. I mean, how about don't fall behind by 2 touchdowns and have to go into desperation mode?

Just saying that folks here are talking about bad calls. Since writing that first email, I watched a couple of key plays on replay. The catch on 3rd-and-4 on the winning drive ... looked like a possible blown call but not sure how reviews could overturn call on the field. The spike at the end ... maybe there was a second left and maybe not, maybe the Packers held Thielen to prevent him from handing the ball to the umpire a second quicker but that happens all the time.

• All American
« Reply #2586 on: December 25, 2023, 10:32:35 AM »
I mean it’s the Carolina Panthers. They have like five fans. Who really cares.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2587 on: December 25, 2023, 11:05:07 AM »
I mean it’s the Carolina Panthers. They have like five fans. Who really cares.

As 20% of the fanbase, I do! (Actually, even I don't really care that much these days.)

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #2588 on: December 25, 2023, 05:14:41 PM »
Normal calls for a game predominantly attended by packer fans.

Dez caught it.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2589 on: December 26, 2023, 10:35:44 AM »
maybe the Packers held Thielen to prevent him from handing the ball to the umpire a second quicker but that happens all the time.

This is why I want the clock to stop until the ball is set on first downs with 2 minutes left.

This kind of crap happens all the time. A game should not be won or lost because dudes are on the ground holding the ball, or the refs take a second to long to set the ball.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #2590 on: December 27, 2023, 12:00:27 PM »
What a sad shell of himself Jaire has become.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
            ---Al McGuire

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2592 on: December 28, 2023, 07:40:59 AM »
What a sad shell of himself Jaire has become.

I mean, Rasul, DeVondre, and now Jaire have all had problems with the coaches this year.

Should tell you plenty.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #2593 on: December 28, 2023, 07:51:06 AM »
I mean, Rasul, DeVondre, and now Jaire have all had problems with the coaches this year.

Should tell you plenty.

Every team has its loose cannons when you’re carrying over 60 guys between the 53 and practice squad.  But I agree it may well be something bigger than just that going on with the Packers.  If LaFleur had a strong handle over the locker room, I don’t think Alexander pulls what he did. 

• All American
« Reply #2594 on: December 28, 2023, 08:01:29 AM »
Which is weird because he has the reputation of actually being very good in the locker room. The fact that all of these conflicts are with members of the defense, and his failure to deal with that on a coaching level last year, is his biggest issue IMO. Continuously playing this passive style and getting roasted both on the field and in the media can't feel great as a player.

I can't see anyway that Joe Barry is back next year.  I wouldn't mind taking a look at Al Harris down in Dallas even though he hasn't been coaching for a long time. Their backfield has been sensational with him as their DB coach and that Quinn type of defense is I think more what the Packers should be playing anyway.

And this is what I don't understand about the Barry hire. The job was originally offered to Jim Leonhard, who clearly comes from the Rex Ryan philosophy, yet Barry's is completely different. It felt like the organization wasn't on the same page regarding what they wanted on the defensive side of the ball and this type of chaos is what resulted.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2596 on: December 28, 2023, 09:12:53 AM »
Which is weird because he has the reputation of actually being very good in the locker room. The fact that all of these conflicts are with members of the defense, and his failure to deal with that on a coaching level last year, is his biggest issue IMO. Continuously playing this passive style and getting roasted both on the field and in the media can't feel great as a player.

I can't see anyway that Joe Barry is back next year.  I wouldn't mind taking a look at Al Harris down in Dallas even though he hasn't been coaching for a long time. Their backfield has been sensational with him as their DB coach and that Quinn type of defense is I think more what the Packers should be playing anyway.

And this is what I don't understand about the Barry hire. The job was originally offered to Jim Leonhard, who clearly comes from the Rex Ryan philosophy, yet Barry's is completely different. It felt like the organization wasn't on the same page regarding what they wanted on the defensive side of the ball and this type of chaos is what resulted.

Not only does it not feel good, it will end up affecting them financially.  Two Pro Bowl players have looked pretty bad because the scheme is... outdated and also terrible.

Barry should have never been hired after he helped coach a team that went 0-16.  I screamed about it when they hired him.  Barry's results speak for themselves, and now he has unruly players.

I GET not firing him, but if there isn't accountability for for performance from staff... it's hard to punish players and look like a serious front office.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2597 on: December 28, 2023, 11:06:55 AM »
Not only does it not feel good, it will end up affecting them financially.  Two Pro Bowl players have looked pretty bad because the scheme is... outdated and also terrible.

Barry should have never been hired after he helped coach a team that went 0-16.  I screamed about it when they hired him.  Barry's results speak for themselves, and now he has unruly players.

I GET not firing him, but if there isn't accountability for for performance from staff... it's hard to punish players and look like a serious front office.

What do you get? Defensive players are in rebellion and you don't understand why he should be fired..., yesterday?

As I said earlier, MLF is a great OC as a head coach. He is not a CEO.

• All American
« Reply #2598 on: December 28, 2023, 11:15:30 AM »
I think he means he gets why MLF shouldn't be fired. And I don't think he should.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2599 on: December 28, 2023, 11:37:16 AM »
What do you get? Defensive players are in rebellion and you don't understand why he should be fired..., yesterday?

As I said earlier, MLF is a great OC as a head coach. He is not a CEO.

Joe Barry should have been fired into the sun last year.  They're not firing him for the rest of year because the scheme would be the same and no one on the defensive side will likely be back next year.  Also, I don't disagree with you.  I think NOT firing Joe Barry sends a bad message to the players and the fans.

MLF is in charge of his coordinators, that isn't a Mark Murphy or Brian Gutekunst decision.  It's Matt's.  He needs to be smarter in the future because he isn't looking like a head coach or leader right now.