[May 08, 2024, 07:39:19 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by zcg2013
[May 08, 2024, 08:59:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2017-18 promotional schedule  (Read 4762 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Litehouse

• All American
Re: 2017-18 promotional schedule
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 11:20:34 AM »
Hooray!!!  The schedule magnet is back!

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 11:22:16 AM »
As I said last week in a different topic, $2 Tuesday's!!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 11:22:51 AM »
Love some of these, but panther, would it be possible for MU to optimize these articles for iPhone? Whenever I look at their links on my phone, I'm unable to resize them to fit the screen.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 11:25:44 AM »
They need to institute dollar beer day. Or even if it was like for 15min before tip off
Maigh Eo for Sam

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 11:36:46 AM »
Looks like an MU provided stripe out for National Marquette Day.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 01:07:54 PM »
First 5,000 fans, cool!

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 01:16:35 PM »
Looks like an MU provided stripe out for National Marquette Day.

Good eye.  I said that last time that they should provide the free T-shirt.  Bet they have distribution arranged by section number.  Should look great.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 03:49:24 PM »
Love some of these, but mupanther, would it be possible for MU to optimize these articles for iPhone? Whenever I look at their links on my phone, I'm unable to resize them to fit the screen.
Maybe it's a iPhone thing?
-Bill Walton

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 08:32:29 AM »
Hooray!!!  The schedule magnet is back!

For the first 3000 fans .. good luck with that.

Over the many years, these promos are all limited to the first XXXX fans .. I usually get to the BC maybe 5 minutes to game time, so no soup for me.   

Question .. are these promos given to students?  I mean, wouldn't they always be the first XXXX fans in the building?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2017, 08:50:03 AM »

Over the many years, these promos are all limited to the first XXXX fans .. I usually get to the BC maybe 5 minutes to game time, so no soup for me.   

Question .. are these promos given to students?  I mean, wouldn't they always be the first XXXX fans in the building?

3,000 isn't bad, certainly better than the glasses were last year. I'd guess if you get there 10-15 minutes early you should be okay. Usually you have to hunt out the table where they have them, so many of the more casual fans won't be going out of their way to get the magnet. At least that's my guess.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 08:59:00 AM »
3,000 isn't bad, certainly better than the glasses were last year. I'd guess if you get there 10-15 minutes early you should be okay. Usually you have to hunt out the table where they have them, so many of the more casual fans won't be going out of their way to get the magnet. At least that's my guess.

mupanther...  do you know if the magnet schedules will be available for pick-up at the table?  or handed our as  fans enter?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2017, 12:57:20 PM »

Pretty sure not.  There are separate promos for the students, usually multiple T shirts a year.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 10:00:49 AM »
mupanther...  do you know if the magnet schedules will be available for pick-up at the table?  or handed our as  fans enter?
The door.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 10:15:59 AM by mupanther »
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2017, 10:02:08 AM »
Pretty sure not.  There are separate promos for the students, usually multiple T shirts a year.
I learned weeks ago, these promos are for everyone.
-Bill Walton

muguru

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 12:11:18 PM »
I mean promos are nice and all, but if they are going to have them, can't we go back to the days where EVERYONE got them?? I mean there used to be tons of schedule magnets left over year. Also, as far as the T-shirts first of all, how about some bigger sizes?? And second of all, I'd much prefer something a little more "official" MU wear, if you know what I'm saying?? Like how about a gold t shirt(or pick the color) with the big MU on the front. I have TONS of MU stuff, but usually don't even wear it unless it's officially licensed, or looks really sharp, not like some of these T-shirts look.

I will still never forget several years ago(when Buzz was there), they gave out winter hats(dark blue)...they say Marquette basketball(in gold) on the front, and not a lick of advertising on them anywhere. Still the best freebie I have ever gotten in my opinion.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 12:11:51 PM »
I learned weeks ago, these promos are for everyone.

So the students will get first dibs and eat up a lot of 3,000? That doesn't make a ton of sense.

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 12:14:14 PM »
God our fanbase couldn't sound more Milwaukee-cheap if they tried.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 12:19:17 PM »
The absolute best thing I could possibly leave with every time I leave the BC after a game is a "W". That's all that matters to me.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 01:15:27 PM »

XXXX=149 students for most of the games I remember
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 01:49:08 PM »
I mean promos are nice and all, but if they are going to have them, can't we go back to the days where EVERYONE got them??

Everyone getting it, adds to the cost. Bucks & Admirals as example don't do an all fan giveaway.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2017, 01:57:50 PM »
So the students will get first dibs and eat up a lot of 3,000? That doesn't make a ton of sense.
So, there might be 2 to 4 games this season where 3,000 students will be in attendance. National MU Day (PC), Senior Day (CU) & Villanova. Only the Creighton game, I list is for the first 5,000. National Marquette Day is a all fan giveaway and a stripe out, as t-shirts will be on the chair for the color section. How many times is it before the starting lineup happens, before the students start filling the upper deck? So, the students will not be getting all the t-shirts.
-Bill Walton

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2017, 02:16:05 PM »
So, there might be 2 to 4 games this season where 3,000 students will be in attendance. National MU Day (PC), Senior Day (CU) & Villanova. Only the Creighton game, I list is for the first 5,000. National Marquette Day is a all fan giveaway and a stripe out, as t-shirts will be on the chair for the color section. How many times is it before the starting lineup happens, before the students start filling the upper deck? So, the students will not be getting all the t-shirts.

Will there potentially be the issue of students getting in early, raiding sections for T-shirts? Has this possibility been taken into account?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2017, 02:18:25 PM »
Will there potentially be the issue of students getting in early, raiding sections for T-shirts? Has this possibility been taken into account?

They won't.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2017, 02:22:25 PM »

Putting them on the seats is nice but I bet you dimes to dollars for a majority of people..they wont fit. On that note.. couldn't they send out a survey ahead of time to the season ticket holders mentioning this promotion and asking what shirt size they wear so they can make sure they have the right size shirt on those specified seats??

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2017, 02:32:44 PM »
Putting them on the seats is nice but I bet you dimes to dollars for a majority of people..they wont fit. On that note.. couldn't they send out a survey ahead of time to the season ticket holders mentioning this promotion and asking what shirt size they wear so they can make sure they have the right size shirt on those specified seats??

I take it you have never seen that Seinfeld episode where George suggests to George Steinbrenner that they get real (i.e. not adjustable) baseball caps as a giveaway at a Yankees game.

My guess is that everyone gets an XL.  It's not supposed to be fashion; it's a human card trick.  It's not too late to start your diet.
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2017, 02:39:02 PM »
Not sure if that got taken into account. Doesn't everyone complain of the students not showing up or even on time, so don't we want this to happen? Third, I don't think students will ever show up early, other than for free food.
-Bill Walton

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2017, 02:43:02 PM »

They won't.

It was probably at least 5 years ago but the 1 game I recall t-shirts on every chair, when we got our seats 15 minutes before the introductions all of the shirts in our section were long gone. We didn't realize there were shirts on every seat until we noticed kids (students?) running through the upper endzone sections grabbing all the shirts still left on seats.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2017, 02:43:14 PM »
I take it you have never seen that Seinfeld episode where George suggests to George Steinbrenner that they get real (i.e. not adjustable) baseball caps as a giveaway at a Yankees game.

My guess is that everyone gets an XL.  It's not supposed to be fashion; it's a human card trick.  It's not too late to start your diet.

Please go to the 1:35 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFlBM60x4OI
-Bill Walton

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2017, 02:57:17 PM »
When is the Jimmy Butler bobblehead day this year?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2017, 03:05:14 PM »
Please go to the 1:35 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFlBM60x4OI

Yessssss!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zFlBM60x4OI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zFlBM60x4OI</a>
Have some patience, FFS.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2017, 04:19:39 PM »
It was probably at least 5 years ago but the 1 game I recall t-shirts on every chair, when we got our seats 15 minutes before the introductions all of the shirts in our section were long gone. We didn't realize there were shirts on every seat until we noticed kids (students?) running through the upper endzone sections grabbing all the shirts still left on seats.

Yup, that's what I'm remembering. Maybe have a few booths with colors coded by the section of your ticket?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2017, 08:57:12 PM »
God our fanbase couldn't sound more Milwaukee-cheap if they tried.
Believe they can...
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2017, 04:51:45 AM »
There's no pleasing you people.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2017, 05:22:45 AM »
In related news, Brian Hardin named AD at Drake. This magnet was his last MU promo. Another one run off by Scoop!

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2017, 06:17:07 AM »
In related news, Brian Hardin named AD at Drake. This magnet was his last MU promo. Another one run off by Scoop!

It's his fault for not measuring each Scooper's fridge to ensure it fit properly before a white glove installation and a personal assurance that no untoward students ever so much as looked in the magnet's direction.

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2017, 08:32:20 AM »
It's his fault for not measuring each Scooper's fridge to ensure it fit properly before a white glove installation and a personal assurance that no untoward students ever so much as looked in the magnet's direction.

And for not personally calling each season ticket holder to inquire about their t-shirt size because God forbid they break open their wallet and haul out $20.