[Today at 12:43:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MU82
[Today at 12:22:29 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2016 recruiting class starting soon  (Read 43708 times)

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: 2016 recruiting class starting soon
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2013, 11:40:15 PM »
I love to see the comments on goldenboy. But I noticed that
he started with 32 posts on sept. with his original post and has made several more since then and still is at 33 posts. what gives?

I'm guessing that if you go back to that September post it will now show 33 posts.  All of the personal info is updated to prior posts when a change occurs.  For example, If you change your avatar, it doesn't just appear on your posts going forward it also shows up on prior posts which were originally made using the old avatar.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

GoldenBoy16

• Walk-On
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2013, 07:34:51 PM »
I realize that it would be hard to believe but I don't make stuff up like this. I am trying my best to give you info of what I have been told by various sources. If I could tell you a name, I definitely would. I was not supposed to tell anyone about this, but I put it on here because I thought you guys might appreciate it. Obviously I was wrong, as I get ridiculed everytime I post something. And the family issues that I made up? His mother is sick. So no I didnt make this up, and I can see how you would be skeptical, but there is no need to constantly put me down.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2013, 07:44:46 PM »
I realize that it would be hard to believe but I don't make stuff up like this. I am trying my best to give you info of what I have been told by various sources. If I could tell you a name, I definitely would. I was not supposed to tell anyone about this, but I put it on here because I thought you guys might appreciate it. Obviously I was wrong, as I get ridiculed everytime I post something. And the family issues that I made up? His mother is sick. So no I didnt make this up, and I can see how you would be skeptical, but there is no need to constantly put me down.

But your word is worth nothing until you are correct.  Only a few people ridicule you.  Forget about them.  If you're confident about your info and sources then we will find out soon enough.  Thanks for posting.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2013, 07:46:33 PM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2013, 02:01:51 AM »

Trust me, everyone here hopes you are right, even Wadesworld. There are just some who have gotten bitter and cynical because of others who have claimed to have the inside have been wrong. Once you are proven right you will have every right to call out every single person who put you down and make them eat some major crow. Also, from then on you will have a lot more credibility in your predictions
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2013, 07:57:02 AM »

There are two schools of thought when someone without a record for predictions brings good news to the board.  One, give a person the benefit of the doubt, and hope that they are on to something, or, two, reflecting on past disappointments, ridicule the person until what they say is shown to either be true or not.  Hey, if it turns out to be true, you can always say that they really didn't know anything, they just got lucky.

I have chosen to go the first route.  When people are exposed as not really knowing what they're talking about they tend to go away on their own anyway.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2013, 08:06:57 AM »
Even if he is making it all up (which I do not personally think he is) his posts are still 10 times more interesting then the most of the posts here that have nothing to do with MU basketball at all.  Just on this thread alone of the last 25 comments I think about 5 had any info or comments about MU basktball, and this is one of the more intersting and informative threads. 

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2013, 08:26:02 AM »

I for one appreciate your input and hope you are correct. Don't stop posting just because of a few skeptics.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2013, 08:32:02 AM »
There are two schools of thought when someone without a record for predictions brings good news to the board.  One, give a person the benefit of the doubt, and hope that they are on to something, or, two, reflecting on past disappointments, ridicule the person until what they say is shown to either be true or not.  Hey, if it turns out to be true, you can always say that they really didn't know anything, they just got lucky.

I have chosen to go the first route.  When people are exposed as not really knowing what they're talking about they tend to go away on their own anyway.
  Sure do miss bma75

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2013, 08:44:26 AM »

Exactly.  Remember the guy who posted that Dominic would play in the NCAA tournament game against Mizzou?  People laughed and hounded him...and then Dominic played.

There is absolutely no reason to ridicule someone who claims to have inside info.  If you are skeptical, that's fine.  But the problem with calling them out is twofold...one, the information might very well be good information and you are the one that looks like an ass, and two, it prevents people who have inside information to share it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2013, 09:01:02 AM »

Exactly.  Remember the guy who posted that Dominic would play in the NCAA tournament game against Mizzou?  People laughed and hounded him...and then Dominic played.

There is absolutely no reason to ridicule someone who claims to have inside info.  If you are skeptical, that's fine.  But the problem with calling them out is twofold...one, the information might very well be good information and you are the one that looks like an ass, and two, it prevents people who have inside information to share it.

This. There's plenty of time to ridicule if the info proves false. Why people would want to discourage those who   may have inside information to share about MU basketball on an MU basketball board is beyond me.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2013, 09:05:17 AM »

Welcome to the Internet.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but considering that Marquette has very few offers out for 2016, very little room in that class at the current time, and the prediction is getting delayed, surely you can understand the skepticism? Outside of Jayson Tatum (not an in-state player), how many other 2016 offers does MU have out there? Honestly, I can't remember any.

Like others said, we all hope for the best and would love to see a quality 2016 commit. But I glanced through your posts and you haven't established a track record of getting things right. A couple months ago, I asked the guy that knows more about HS basketball in Wisconsin than anyone else in the world and he didn't think there were any 2016 Wisconsin players that are at the Marquette or UW level yet. He's very rarely wrong on these things.

I hope you can understand my skepticism when a guy I have complete faith in is telling me something that is very different from someone without any proven track record.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2013, 10:11:25 AM »
Welcome to the Internet.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but considering that Marquette has very few offers out for 2016, very little room in that class at the current time, and the prediction is getting delayed, surely you can understand the skepticism? Outside of Jayson Tatum (not an in-state player), how many other 2016 offers does MU have out there? Honestly, I can't remember any.

Like others said, we all hope for the best and would love to see a quality 2016 commit. But I glanced through your posts and you haven't established a track record of getting things right. A couple months ago, I asked the guy that knows more about HS basketball in Wisconsin than anyone else in the world and he didn't think there were any 2016 Wisconsin players that are at the Marquette or UW level yet. He's very rarely wrong on these things.

I hope you can understand my skepticism when a guy I have complete faith in is telling me something that is very different from someone without any proven track record.

You're like mr prediction though.  You can't fault another person for doing the same.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2013, 11:08:59 AM »
Welcome to the Internet.

Skepticism is probably warranted and there's nothing wrong with that.  However, I (and I believe from other posted comments, others as well) don't see the point in attacking someone every time they post and occasionally even when they haven't just because one is skeptical about whether a prediction they have made will come true.

BTW, I have never known you to do this and I am not accusing you of such behavior, just clarifying my point of view.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2013, 11:51:46 AM »
You're like mr prediction though.  You can't fault another person for doing the same.

It's not so much the prediction nature. If you have information and choose to be very, very obscure about it, you are going to be face questions. If you aren't prepared to answer those questions, maybe you shouldn't have shared in the first place. When I offer information or predictions, I try to only do so when I know there's enough information at hand that I can back up what I'm saying. There's a ton of stuff I have heard but don't say because I can't substantiate it.

Quite simply, if a guy is going to put something out there, you need to be able to defend it and if you want to be obscure, you need to have thick enough skin to not pout every time someone questions you or asks for clarification that you won't give.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2013, 11:54:25 AM »
It's not so much the prediction nature. If you have information and choose to be very, very obscure about it, you are going to be face questions. If you aren't prepared to answer those questions, maybe you shouldn't have shared in the first place. When I offer information or predictions, I try to only do so when I know there's enough information at hand that I can back up what I'm saying. There's a ton of stuff I have heard but don't say because I can't substantiate it.

Quite simply, if a guy is going to put something out there, you need to be able to defend it and if you want to be obscure, you need to have thick enough skin to not pout every time someone questions you or asks for clarification that you won't give.

Well I'm gonna back Goldenboy as the last time I shared info (Malek Harris case) everybody hated on me and I know that in certain instances you need to be somewhat vague so you aren't identifiable as the guy who leaked info. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2013, 11:58:19 AM »
Well I'm gonna back Goldenboy as the last time I shared info (Malek Harris case) everybody hated on me and I know that in certain instances you need to be somewhat vague so you aren't identifiable as the guy who leaked info. 

That's where my last paragraph comes in. It's the Internet, haters gonna hate, and you can't get butthurt when they do.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2013, 11:58:35 AM »
There is a difference between someone who is skeptical because they have different information from a different source (like brew does with this mystery 2016 recruit), and people who are skeptical for the sake of being skeptical.  
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:32:34 PM by The Sultan of Syncopation »

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2013, 12:30:22 PM »
Is there no one on this board who can figure out who Goldenboy is referring to?  Come on!  He's given clues!  He's a top 2016 recruit, with Vander ties and whose mom currently is not doing well.  Who is he? 
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2013, 12:37:52 PM »
Is there no one on this board who can figure out who Goldenboy is referring to?  Come on!  He's given clues!  He's a top 2016 recruit, with Vander ties and whose mom currently is not doing well.  Who is he? 

Read the thread...you'll see names.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2013, 01:00:23 PM »

Read the thread...you'll see names.
I see names Sultan.  Are you telling me there is more than one 2016 top recruit who not only has ties to VB but also has an ill mother?  Name.  I want name.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:05:26 PM by Lighthouse 84 »
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2013, 01:20:06 PM »
  Sure do miss bma75
guy had good info 

Steve Buscemi

• Team Captain
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2013, 01:24:01 PM »
"I work out twice a day, six days a week and on Sunday I go to church."  -John Dawson

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2013, 02:03:48 PM »
Nice.

Hey Steve, did you know there is a bartender at Rock Bottom in Milwaukee that looks alot like you?  ;D

feedback